Register
Save
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
    It shouldn't matter...but it clearly does matter to some people. We know this because there is absolutely nothing to back up that claim at all and yet it persists. So there is some agenda going on to keep trying to make that rumor happen in the face of overwhelming evidence that there is nothing to it. Not only is Dave straight, he is one of the all time promiscuous straight males in rock history.

There has to be a reason why anyone would even bring it up at this stage when there is clearly nothing to it. And it's not because it doesn't matter to them.

His problems are in other areas. He knows he can't ever be in a long term relationship and can't sit still for more than 5 minutes. There is obviously no basis for even worrying about him being gay so you can rest easy there.

There is another example of a rumor based on belief without evidence. Yet another one with not a single male lover coming forward over the course of a 43 year career. He's even been married for years but that's not enough. "He acts gay!"...that's the "evidence". Same evidence used against Prince for years too.

It's amazing to watch. Mountains of evidence that someone is straight....zero evidence that they are gay...but some still won't let go of it. it's like a religious belief to some people.
    I think you are taking it more seriously than it is meant to be. Plenty of celebs get called out as being gay with zero proof. It's more about people saying that they wouldn't be shocked if those celebs or rock stars were gay. I mean if Paul Stanley or David Lee Roth came out as gay, would it really blow your mind?

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 08:41 AM
    Liked 16,193 Times in 9,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Wing View Post
    I think you are taking it more seriously than it is meant to be. Plenty of celebs get called out as being gay with zero proof. It's more about people saying that they wouldn't be shocked if those celebs or rock stars were gay. I mean if Paul Stanley or David Lee Roth came out as gay, would it really blow your mind?
    Yes, it would probably blow my mind if DLR or any member of Van Halen told us anything at all.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

3. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Yes, it would probably blow my mind if DLR or any member of Van Halen told us anything at all.
    LOL!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 2,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Wing View Post
    Yes at this point that would shock me. How could it not? There is nothing to base that idea on other than stage mannerisms which mean nothing. (I never thought Bugs Bunny, Jamie Foxx, John Cleese, Flip Wilson, or Milton Berle were gay either) Like seriously...there is a mountain of evidence that says they are not gay.

I would immediately wonder how they possibly kept it a secret through all these years of tabloid journalism. A gay man has gay lovers and it gets out eventually. Kinda like how Dave's female lovers have come to light over the years. Freddie Mercury and Liberace didn't have to tell anyone....as a matter of fact they didn't and everyone knew.

You are right that plenty of celebs have to put up with the gay rumor. Pretty much all of them. Kate Hepburn talked about that very thing in her autobiography. (she didn't wear makeup but did wear pants so that made her a lesbian to some people) You can pretty much google any famous person along with "gay" and you'll get a hit. Let's try it....Mathew McConaughey...yep:

https://www.google.com/search?q=matt...hrome&ie=UTF-8

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 17,820 Times in 8,791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Jesus just shut up. Good grief.
    Shouldn't that be Yahweh shut up?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.21.17 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 1,357 Times in 746 Posts

Dave's been with women, that's well established, but maybe he experimented with some dude, and then things got blown out of proportion and the rumor started. It's well known, for example, that Mick Jagger had a short "phase" where he played for the other team. But then he also had 8 kids with a bunch of different women and is generally not referred to as gay.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 11,482 Times in 6,352 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Dave's been with women, that's well established, but maybe he experimented with some dude, and then things got blown out of proportion and the rumor started. It's well known, for example, that Mick Jagger had a short "phase" where he played for the other team. But then he also had 8 kids with a bunch of different women and is generally not referred to as gay.
    You really need this to be true, huh?

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

11.24.17 @ 12:20 AM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 917 Posts

Donor

Apparently some seem to really need it not to be. Again..who gives a fuck if Dave is gay or not. Some of you protest too much, indicative of how you would feel should it ever come to light that Dave has played both sides of the game. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility, but I'd say that about a good number of charismatic, hard-partying, and notoriously adventurous rock stars. Dave is nothing if not progressive. I have little doubt that Dave has experimented with more scandalous lifestyles than same sex intercourse.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Based on what?

Do we say that about posters on this site? "Maybe Little Dreamer experimented with some dude"

This is like Seinfeld, a rumor about nothing.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.24.17 @ 12:20 AM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 917 Posts

Donor

Yes at this point that would shock me. How could it not? There is nothing to base that idea on other than stage mannerisms which mean nothing. (I never thought Bugs Bunny, Jamie Foxx, John Cleese, Flip Wilson, or Milton Berle were gay either) Like seriously...there is a mountain of evidence that says they are not gay.

I would immediately wonder how they possibly kept it a secret through all these years of tabloid journalism. A gay man has gay lovers and it gets out eventually. Kinda like how Dave's female lovers have come to light over the years. Freddie Mercury and Liberace didn't have to tell anyone....as a matter of fact they didn't and everyone knew.
    Come on man. There are BOATLOADS of celebrities whose gay lifestyles haven't come to light. There are far more instances in the entertainment industry of such lifestyles NEVER getting out than there are that eventually come out. I know a fair amount of industry folks who have shared explicit and damning information about actors and musicians who are gay or bi and the public has no idea whatsoever. For decades. It's not hard to cover such a lifestyle if you have money and brains to know how to cover your tracks. Moreover, there are thousands of gay men in Los Angeles who have gotten paid lots of money to never speak of what they know.

LOL. Flip Wilson and John Cleese? Really?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 1984 & ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

In a simple rhyme
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 11:55 PM
    Liked 266 Times in 120 Posts

I'd like to officially announce that I'm insuring my ass, as I keep falling backwards reading some of these comments.

haha.
    mrC
    *Follow my ubiquitous audio/video/composing/production mishaps, with & without The OBViOUS ... often resulting in hilarious musical consequnces:

http://www.facebook.com/mrChristopherTV
    http://www.facebook.com/theobviouscom

٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶

17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Come on man. There are BOATLOADS of celebrities whose gay lifestyles haven't come to light. There are far more instances in the entertainment industry of such lifestyles NEVER getting out than there are that eventually come out. I know a fair amount of industry folks who have shared explicit and damning information about actors and musicians who are gay or bi and the public has no idea whatsoever. For decades. It's not hard to cover such a lifestyle if you have money and brains to know how to cover your tracks. Moreover, there are thousands of gay men in Los Angeles who have gotten paid lots of money to never speak of what they know.

LOL. Flip Wilson and John Cleese? Really?
    That's exactly my reaction to the idea that David Lee freaking Roth is gay. It's absurd.

How are you leaving out Flip Wilson and John Cleese? After all, there are "boatloads" of celebrities who keep their gay lifestyle secret, right? (We know this...how?) Doesn't that mean we should suspect everyone?

This is where I start suspecting agenda. The rumor is based on zero evidence. We have a ton of evidence to indicate Dave is straight and in fact a lothario.

So in the face of those facts, some are reaching for "boatloads of celebrities" which is also based on speculation to support this gay Dave idea. So that's one idea with no evidence supported by an idea based on speculation. Speculation stacked upon more speculation. A belief in no evidence while ignoring evidence that proves the belief wrong.

The only reason to follow a course of thinking like that is to have an agenda of some kind where a person needs to believe something for some reason.

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 443 Times in 203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    I have little doubt that Dave has experimented with more scandalous lifestyles than same sex intercourse.
    The trouble is you have zero info to base this assuredness you seem to have on the subject.

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&M's View Post
    While I bought-in 100% to Dave's shtick in 1984-85 it started dwindling since then. This is why I can't really watch his self-produced video chats. Sometimes there are two Dave's, the Dave who wants to amuse himself with what he has to say, and then there's the rare Dave who tells truly interesting tidbits re: VH history in a down to earth manner that is actually engaging.
    I met Dave at the WRIF studios when he was promoting his book. They were in a commercial break and he was coming back from the men's room. The local DJ, Doug Podell, said Dave these guys are here to meet you and you could watch the switch flip on and he instantly turned into Diamond Dave. Pretty fascinating, but I suspect very few people know the real Dave.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

That's exactly my reaction to the idea that David Lee freaking Roth is gay. It's absurd.

How are you leaving out Flip Wilson and John Cleese? After all, there are "boatloads" of celebrities who keep their gay lifestyle secret, right? (We know this...how?) Doesn't that mean we should suspect everyone?

This is where I start suspecting agenda. The rumor is based on zero evidence. We have a ton of evidence to indicate Dave is straight and in fact a lothario.

So in the face of those facts, some are reaching for "boatloads of celebrities" which is also based on speculation to support this gay Dave idea. So that's one idea with no evidence supported by an idea based on speculation. Speculation stacked upon more speculation. A belief in no evidence while ignoring evidence that proves the belief wrong.

The only reason to follow a course of thinking like that is to have an agenda of some kind where a person needs to believe something for some reason.
    I just think it's odd to think that people are claiming Dave to be gay, simply as an attempted insult. If Dave was gay, good for him. I don't view it as a negative no matter who it is.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post: