05.22.19 @ 05:54 AM
    Liked 442 Times in 332 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    What did people want?
    Night King died
    Lannisters Lost and died
    Starks won

What was supposed to happen that didnít?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the third episode(Long Night) at the end,Bran tells his sister he's no longer who he is but repeats calling himself the three eye'd raven.
    Why even have him repeat that line?It doesn't make sense.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 10:52 PM
    Liked 330 Times in 197 Posts

Cool

I like the Stark wolf symbols on her chair.

Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 08:38 AM
    Liked 25,125 Times in 12,679 Posts

Premium Member

She seems like a nice lady, but I really don't like her as an actress.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 10:52 PM
    Liked 330 Times in 197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    She seems like a nice lady, but I really don't like her as an actress.
    She's a better actor than this guy.

Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

05.23.19 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 1,617 Times in 860 Posts

Premium Member

From George RR Martin's blog. I particularly like the last line.

The last night, the last show. After eight epic seasons, HBO’s GAME OF THRONES series has come to an end.

It is hard to believe it is over, if truth be told. The years have gone past in the blink of an eye. Can it really have been more than a decade since my manager Vince Gerardis set up a meeting at the Palm in LA, and I sat down for the first time with David Benioff and D.B. Weiss for a lunch that lasted well past dinner? I asked them if they knew who Jon Snow’s mother was. Fortunately, they did.

That was how it started. It ended last night.

I had no clue, that afternoon at the Palm, that I was about to embark on a journey that would change my life. I had optioned books and stories for television and film before. Some had even been made There was no way to know that this one was going to be different, that this pilot would not only be shot, but would go on to become the most successful show in the history of HBO, win a record number of Emmy Awards, become the most popular (and most pirated) show in the world, and transform a group of talented but largely unknown actors into major celebrities and stars. Even less did I imagine that I would somehow become a celebrity as well… and if truth be told, I’m still not sure how that happened.

It has been a wild ride, to say the least.

I want to thank people, but there are so many. There were forty-two cast members at the season eight premiere in New York City, and that wasn’t even all of them. And the crew, though less visible than the cast, were no less important. We had some amazing people working on this show, as all those Emmys bear witness. David & Dan assembled a championship team. The directors were incredible as well. I should start naming names, but then I’d miss someone, there were so many. But I do need to mention David Benioff, Dan Weiss, Bryan Cogman (the third head of the dragon, as I said in the recent VANITY FAIR piece about him), and of course the great team at HBO, headed by Richard Plepler. Any other network, and GAME OF THRONES would not have been what it became. Most other networks, this series never gets made at all.

I could go on and on… and have, as I’ve been writing this post in my head… but there’s really too much to say. Parting is such sweet sorrow, the Bard wrote. In the weeks and months to come, I may post about some of my favorite moments from the making of this show… now and again, when I am feeling nostalgic… but just now, there are so many memories, and no time to do them all justice.

Let me say this much — last night was an ending, but it was also a beginning. Nobody is retiring any time soon. David and Dan are going on to STAR WARS and other projects beyond that. Amazon scooped up Bryan Cogman, and put him to work on developing shows of his own, as well as helping out on their big Tolkien project. Our brilliant cast has scattered to the four winds, but you’ll be seeing a lot of them in the years to come, in all manner of television shows and movies. Our directors are keeping busy as well. I suspect that you have not seen the last of Westeros on your television sets either, but I guess that all depends on how some of these successor shows turn out.

And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…

And I’m writing. Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is. THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had eight hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…

Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?

How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.
    Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

05.23.19 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 3,637 Times in 2,302 Posts

He's not wrong. LOL.

I don't think it mattered if Martin wrote the last season or not.
    People had it in their own minds how they wanted it to end.
    I'm sure millions of fans were pissed when Jon and Dany couldn't be together. They wanted them to live happily ever after.
    Ending with her being the good ruler. Or, Jon to be king with her by his side.

Once all that was out the window fans were gonna be upset no matter what.

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

05.23.19 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 876 Times in 563 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

It is the story. It is this guy, who thought he was a bastard, who thought he was going to spend his life on the Nightís Watch ó never taking a wife, never having a family, only knowing that brotherhood ó rises up to become king. And it doesnít have to end with him becoming king, but they needed to reckon with the fact that Sam, Tyrion, Jon, and presumably lots of other people at this point, and the Starks, all know that Jon is Aegon Targaryen, and that when he killed Daenerys, he did it as the shield of the realm, as the shield of men. They didnít even talk about it.

... I donít care that he isnít the prince who was promised. I donít care if he isnít the great, the last, hero. I donít care if heís not even going to sit on what was once a throne. But I do care that no one reckoned with it. And I do care that that moment of, Ďthe unsullied will not allow him to go free,í is like, so what? That has nothing to do with the way Game of Thrones has ever worked before.

... I think that that was sort of representative for me of the only time where I was like, well, then, what the fuck were we doing here?
    A succinct comment from one of the guys on The Watch podcast.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 09:49 AM
    Liked 6,230 Times in 3,228 Posts

I watched part of it again and Jon upon arriving to Castle Black was just a way of having Brann letting him go from his duties. When he walks in there, there is about 50 Wildings and about 3 of the Nights Watch. I don't think they are even a viable force at this time. Anyway the way Tormund looks at him was like "bout time you got here...." Jon never had a home. He was raised a bastard. Caitlyn hated him. He then was forced to serve at the Nights Watch for no reason at all. Talk about plot holes. If the Nights Watch is for fuckups, why in the hell would this bastard son of an honorable man be sent there as punishment? Why not say "well you know your mom hates you so here is some money. Go down to Kings Landing and make a name for yourself.." Anyway he did that, then died and had to fight Ramsey. Then he had to fight the Night King. Then Cersei and then Dany. Dude simply needs to be able to live free which I think was Brann's point.

I do think that the show runners and even Martin left things opened ended in the event they want to do a spin off. Right now there is demand for the actors and actresses and with GOT having so many central characters, its expensive to pay for them all. They could in 10 years go on with only a few of the actors. Yeah Martin will be dead but his estate would get the money.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

05.23.19 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 3,637 Times in 2,302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    A succinct comment from one of the guys on The Watch podcast.
    LOL. That was the worst part. The Unsullied just letting Jon go. Like that would happen. He woulda been killed on the spot.

Totally forgot about the "shield of the realm" thing.
    I think it's probably what Ziggy mentioned. HBO has three spin offs already planned.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

05.23.19 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 1,617 Times in 860 Posts

Premium Member

Things I learned from the Game Of Thrones internet audience:

Story arc
    Character arc
    Military strategy
    Military strategy with dragons
    Military strategy with zombies
    Military strategy with zombie dragons
    Character development
    Dragon aerodynamics and how they got it wrong
    How fire behaves in a fantasy battle situation (with or without dragons)
    How to (not) ride a dragon bare back (apparently you can’t just grab that fucker by the horns)
    Dragon line of sight
    Dragon night vision
    Dragon emotions
    A coffee cup or water bottle can completely ruin 8 years of magnificent television
    People would rather have watched a real time 3 month horse ride through the forest
    It didn’t turn out how they expected. Coz all the previous seasons did, right?
    Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

16. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: