Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

05.20.19 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 2,218 Times in 1,316 Posts

Default Winter is Coming.....The Game of Thrones Thread

I was thinking of starting one of these for awhile then this popped up this morning:

basically, I watched the entire series in the first 6 months of 2017 while I took a little break from the links. I'm re watching it right now. IMHO, when you factor EVERYTHING in-story-lines, characters, visuals, musical score etc I think it's the most epic "television" show I've ever seen. It's actually more like each season is a really long movie in and of itself.

So many great moments. This show has the incredible ability to make you just despise a character like Jamie Lannister and then you find yourself rooting for him. I've never gone from pulling for a character like Stannis Barratheon to literally hating him so fast in my entire life. It's an incredible show. There are so many epic moments in this show, so many "holy shit" moments. So many great characters. They've killed off so many great characters.

I've kind of immersed myself in the GOT mythology....lol, I've got a touch of OCD. I'd love to discuss any aspect of the show.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.20.19 @ 01:23 PM
    Liked 628 Times in 295 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.20.19 @ 11:12 AM
    Liked 6,228 Times in 3,226 Posts

One of my favorite shows and thank you for the trailer.

I do miss Jeffrey

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

quick trailer breakdown:

I saw one that was about an hour and a half long for the first season 7 trailer, I did not watch this one yet, might not have a ton of info on it but figured I'd throw it in there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Gendry, who was Robert's bastard that escaped Stannis a few seasons ago, I think he's going to play a bigger role in season 7 than most do, just my gut feeling.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    One of my favorite shows and thank you for the trailer.

I do miss Jeffrey
    when I first started watching the show I looked up Geoffry and he was described as being one of the few TV characters in history with NO redeeming qualities what so ever. That's about right. Ramsey Bolton was just as bad (maybe worst) but he didn't have the pressence Geoffry had, he was an incredibly mis-wired character but he was a great character. you just loved to hate him.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

this was one of my favorite little scenes, "The Sword of The Morning"....just awesome:

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

05.20.19 @ 01:49 PM
    Liked 25,096 Times in 12,662 Posts

Premium Member

One of my favorite scenes is when Daenerys (sp?) killed the Dothraki lords last season.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

05.20.19 @ 01:49 PM
    Liked 25,096 Times in 12,662 Posts

Premium Member

Little more than three weeks to the premier!

Boom.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    One of my favorite scenes is when Daenerys (sp?) killed the Dothraki lords last season.
    In the first trailer for season 7 they show the horde going into battle against a Westeros force. From what I've heard it's Sam's father who is leading the charge (remember Sam's father was/is a great military leader, Stannis said this to Sam when he met him at Castle Black), but this is a huge mistake as you're NEVER supposed to fight the Dothracki in an open field like that. The person who was breaking the trailer down said the Dothracki were going to just destroy them. Robert talked about NEVER fighting them in an open field like that back in season 1....

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Really there is a ton of cool shit going on in that trailer, the coolest is around 1:10 when that sword lights up. I seriously just got chills watching it.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

When I talk "holy shit" moments this is one of them, this is so cool on so many levels. It's the first time Dany shows her brutal side and if you had watched the episodes leading up to this you would understand why the black chick and the slave master are so shocked when Dany speaks Valerian, the shit he was talking was incredible and that she totally understood him the whole time.....your jaw just hit the floor:

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Last one for today, this is probably my ALL TIME favorite clip from the show. I've watched it dozens of times. There is a large group of GOT fans that hold out hope that Syrio somehow survived, in part of that group.

"What do we say to the God of death? Not today."

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

05.17.19 @ 07:24 PM
    Liked 1,640 Times in 879 Posts

It's a fantastic show and I was, originally, a non-believer. If I wasn't catching up on the (then) first three series, but was watching week by week, then I would've quit as series 1 didn't get going until episode 7 or 8.

One thing I love - which will bypass anyone outside Blighty - is that as George RR Martin based Westeros on the British Isles the characters all have varying English accents based on what part of the country they're from (northern accents if they're from the north, southern accents if they're from the south etc).

I also love how it isn't afraid to 'go there'. The death of Stannis' daughter being a prime example. Many parents kicked up a fuss but that's based on their own sentimentality about their own kids rather than judging objectively. Yes it was a heinous thing that Stannis did but it was essential to show just how obsessed he was with the iron throne, just how much be trusted Melisandre and, ultimately, just what a wretched figure he was in the aftermath.

Has there ever been a character you love to hate more than Joffrey?
    And was there a more epic moment than when Tywin Lannister ordered him to go to bed like a little boy?

As for Ramsay Bolton, I found it hard to take him seriously as the actor portraying him played a weak, gentle guy in the hilarious, very adult and very non-PC comedy series Misfits.
    Last edited by BlofeldsCat; 06.21.17 at 04:09 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

05.17.19 @ 07:24 PM
    Liked 1,640 Times in 879 Posts

Slight diversion:

Misfits is about a group of youths on community service (which is what happens in the UK to avoid jail) and they develop super powers after a freak storm. It's bloody fantastic. Lots of weird things happen - including a great time travel loop in a later series and Rudy having his cock 'stolen'.

Series 1 & 2 were lit up by the rude crude and lewd Nathan and would say things that would make you gasp that such things would be allowed on TV and when he left we all thought there was no way he could be replaced but we were all wrong as Rudy was all that Nathan was and more.

Here is one of the more gentler clips. Ignore the subtitles, its in English.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by BlofeldsCat View Post
    It's a fantastic show and I was, originally, a non-believer. If I wasn't catching up on the (then) first three series, but was watching week by week, then I would've quit as series 1 didn't get going until episode 7 or 8.

One thing I love - which will bypass anyone outside Blighty - is that as George RR Martin based Westeros on the British Isles the characters all have varying English accents based on what part of the country they're from (northern accents if they're from the north, southern accents if they're from the south etc).

I also love how it isn't afraid to 'go there'. The death of Stannis' daughter being a prime example. Many parents kicked up a fuss but that's based on their own sentimentality about their own kids rather than judging objectively. Yes it was a heinous thing that Stannis did but it was essential to show just how obsessed he was with the iron throne, just how much be trusted Melisandre and, ultimately, just what a wretched figure he was in the aftermath.

Has there ever been a character you love to hate more than Joffrey?
    And was there a more epic moment than when Tywin Lannister ordered him to go to bed like a little boy?

As for Ramsay Bolton, I found it hard to take him seriously as the actor portraying him played a weak, gentle guy in the hilarious, very adult and very non-PC comedy series Misfits.
    I'm with you on the "not scared to go there" part. No character is safe. I did NOT like what they did with Sharine (sp), it's one of the few times I fast forwarded through anything EVER. I thought Stannis was a great character and after he told Sharine how he fought to cure her of the grey scale I liked him even more. Then I instantly hated him.

Tyrion's confession was more epic than Tywin sending Geoffrey to bed without supper IMHO but I know what your saying. I LIKED Tywin as a character even though he was a total dick. He was fantastically complex and wonderfully acted. His interactions with Arya were great.