Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

05.20.19 @ 12:32 AM
    Liked 327 Times in 195 Posts

Cool

Yeah poor Ghost. He was just abandoned by Jon Snow, after he was loyal & fought in many battles with him over the years.

I would watch this show!

John Wick treats his dogs much better than Jon Snow!

Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.18.19 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 6,225 Times in 3,224 Posts

In reality both Dany and Sansa are no longer "little birds" due to what they had to go through in life. Just that one is a product of inbreeding so chances are there is a genetic reason for Targs to go mad. Sansa can be ruthless but she only inflicts the pain on the people who wronged her. Littlefinger and Ramsey.

Anyway I think half the people upset either have MOD tattoos or named their pets or kids after her. I do understand she is now a heel and some SJW's will say its unjust but then you have Sansa and Arya who are both very competent and strong willed. Positive role models there. It all balances out.

People also forget that Me Sundae screamed "burn" or whatever the translation was before her head was cut off. That was her BFF instagram buddie. Part of the reason why she wanted to do it

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

05.19.19 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 557 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I have no idea why anyone would be upset about the Dany turn. Itís been foreshadowed for years. Those viewers just donít understand plotting and storytelling.

But Cersiís death was executed very poorly. Arya backing out of offing her might have worked if they had committed to one more season and devoted a half-dozen episodes to Arya warring with herself over the revenge thread. It was ultimately way too rushed and didnít work at all. Itís really the only significant complaint Iíve had about this show in eight seasons.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

05.19.19 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts

Yeah Cersei's death was very anticlimactic, but I guess dead is dead. In that moment when she and Jaime get crushed I couldn't help but feel a little bad, because at that point all the bad shit she had done over the years is just child's play compared to what Dany was doing.

Is Dany now the biggest murderer in the history of the Seven Kingdoms?
    Pain or damage donít end the world, or despair, or fuckiní beatings. The world ends when youíre dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ó and give some back.
    -Al Swearengen

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

05.17.19 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 2,218 Times in 1,316 Posts

I noticed something last night while watching the latest episode. Tyrion tells Dany that once she hears the bells to call off the attack.

Dany then tells Grey Worm to wait for the signal and he'll know what it is....right after the bells ring and the Lannisters have already put down their swords Grey Worm spears one of the Lannister soldiers....Did Grey worm already know Dany was gonna go nuts and he was totally down with it?

Last Online

05.19.19 @ 11:17 PM
    Liked 3,155 Times in 2,013 Posts

Donor

Yeah. He was bloodthirsty because Cersei executed Messandei. He was fine with taking no quarter.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

05.19.19 @ 09:36 PM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 857 Posts

Premium Member

My expectation was that Arya would needle Cersei, but ultimately she was crushed by the tower that she had ruled from, in the arms of Jamie. It's quite fitting really. I was disappointed at the time though, I thought she deserved an extremely violent death at the hands of Arya.
    Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

05.18.19 @ 11:29 PM
    Liked 442 Times in 332 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I have no idea why anyone would be upset about the Dany turn. It’s been foreshadowed for years. Those viewers just don’t understand plotting and storytelling.

But Cersi’s death was executed very poorly. Arya backing out of offing her might have worked if they had committed to one more season and devoted a half-dozen episodes to Arya warring with herself over the revenge thread. It was ultimately way too rushed and didn’t work at all. It’s really the only significant complaint I’ve had about this show in eight seasons.
    Cersi's death was perfect for the series,expect the unexpected is the main theme of GoT.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

It’s unexpected that Arya’s list meant nothing in the end.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

05.20.19 @ 12:13 AM
    Liked 1,056 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    This wasn't anything like Annikin. Annikin had a dream and a conversation and turned. She has been a petulant diva since marrying Drogo. Its just that Cersei, Littlefinger, Ramsey, Joffery, etc were all are around playing the game too. Just were appearing worse than her and more of an immediate threat. Then the Night King. People simply assumed she was going to be the good guy. Not the shows fault if people assume incorrectly

Sure it would have been better with another season to go through the progression but then it wouldn't have been as shocking either. The timeline with the show is what it is. They had 6 episodes to wrap it all up.
    It was very Anakin. Even with Anakin it wasn't just the dream and the convo, they were throwing out all the signs , starting in Attack of the Clones. Everyone knew he would be evil, but to just immediately start killing all of his friends, teachers, younglings, etc. was not a transition the movie makes did well.

Same treatment with Dany. We all knew what was coming, but the transition between someone who usually tried to save and protect innocents to someone who killed thousands of innocents for no purpose is a large jump, and the writers did not handle it well. It was just an unconvincing portrayal. At least Anakin had a purpose; he was trying to eradicate the Jedi who were now his enemy.

What would have made sense is her slaughtering innocents if the got in the way of killing Cersei, but the fact that she didn't even try very hard for Cersei made no sense. It should have been; take out the ships, destroy the scorpions on the wall, then fly straight for Cersei.

One more episode would have been all they needed, really. Battle would have been the same, except after the bells rang, she just went straight for Cersei and destroys the tower. Following episode she'd claim the throne, and the people wouldn't be happy and question her claim. Then she goes apeshit and kills everyone.

Obviously, the fact that the showrunners chose to rush the last two seasons in order to move onto other projects didn't help.

I'm not dissatisfied with the results of what happened. They just did a shit job of getting there. The writers are not George R.R. Martin. Cutting corners due to a self-imposed time frame hurt what should have been the best season.

All my opinion, of course. Though I just found this, so I guess I'm not the only one?

blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

https://www.facebook.com/devintownsendexperience

Last Online

05.19.19 @ 11:17 PM
    Liked 3,155 Times in 2,013 Posts

Donor

Ridiculous. All the signs have been there all along.

I really think it's just about folks wanting more GOT before the end lol.

There's even a petition to redo the final season lol. What a buncha whiners. I guess all those parents who named their daughters Dany are regretful maybe. That's what ya get for naming babies after a TV show with morally ambiguous role models. https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-...petent-writers

I think this last season has been friggin' stellar. We've waited a decade for this story to wind up. It was always gonna be 'quick' at the end, duh. No amount of extrapolation pre-final conflict would've satisfied everyone.

Now what would really come outta left field? LOL. Never gonna happen, but if Martin and GOT wanted to leave a permanent scar on Western pop culture, Jon should turn to the Dark Side too, and him and Dany reign in a new era of incestrual co-royalty ala Cersei and Jamie.

If Jon went bad at the very end...there'd be riots in the streets.

But how cool would that be, if you think about it.

Nobody wants their heroes to have bad endings.

13. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

05.19.19 @ 11:16 PM
    Liked 3,602 Times in 2,283 Posts

I don't know how many signs are needed. Losing Jon and the dragon put her in an evil place.
    She locked her self away and wasn't eating or sleeping for days. That tells me she aint coming out ready to smell the roses.

The petition is crazy. "The coffee cup"...which you didn't see when you watched it. "The battle was too dark"...yeah it was dark, and it was smokey cuz a lot of stuff was burning. "Dany was so nice all season, what happened?"....
    Nothing so bad a petiton is needed.

It coulda been better here and there but, for the most part, I think they've dun a great job.
    Hopefully, it continues one more episode

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

05.19.19 @ 09:36 PM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 857 Posts

Premium Member

The fact that people are so enraged is proof that they absolutely got it right. They got people so invested in her character, they loved her so much, they were blind to the clues that she was a mad Targaryen bitch. If I were D&D and Emilia Clarke I would so proud right now at the enraged people that so fell in love with Dany that they were blind to her inner Targaryen. Great writing and great acting.
    Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.18.19 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 6,225 Times in 3,224 Posts

Not even close to Annikin. She had issues 8 years ago. Granted there are not 8 seasons of George Lucas writing on how Annikin would turn but in a sense it was like this. Dream, talk to Palpatine and learn about Darth Plagus. Then is told by Palpatine himself that he is a sith. Go get Jules and tell the Jedi he is the Sith. Want to actually join the attack. See that the 2nd in command has Palpatine under control and just on a whim cut off his hand. Then say "well since I fucked up here, let me go out and kill a hundred Jedi kids" Truth is if she was male, nobody would say a thing. Look at the outcry for Jamie being on a similar arc for 8 seasons simply to throw it all the way to die with Cersei. Yeah some people are talking about it but not on the level of Danny.

Cersei deserved to die at the hands of many so if it was Arya, then what about Tyrion? If Tyrion did it, what about Sansa and Arya? If Jamie did it (which never would happen due to his baby) then you spoil it for Arya, Sansa and Tyrion. So nobody gets to kill her and its simply rubble. Heck Littlefinger screwed over many a person but Arya wasn't one yet she killed him. Where is the outrage there?

Yes I do believe Dany and Grey Worm had their plan figured out from the get go. I just think when she heard the bells, it was her chance to not listen to her madness. She was conflicted but in the end, she went with her original plan. Remove root and stem

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Cersei deserved to die at the hands of many so if it was Arya, then what about Tyrion? If Tyrion did it, what about Sansa and Arya? If Jamie did it (which never would happen due to his baby) then you spoil it for Arya, Sansa and Tyrion. So nobody gets to kill her and its simply rubble. Heck Littlefinger screwed over many a person but Arya wasn't one yet she killed him. Where is the outrage there?
    Every other character with motivation to kill the Queen wasn’t written with a specific and deliberate plot device — The List — threaded through the entire life of the show. Why did it exist? “Unexpected plot twist” is not good writing if the prior plot device is left frayed.

In a sense, these critiques are compliments. The show in its attempt to tie up these loose ends in six episodes is plagued by the standards of its own historic quality.