Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 293 12341151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 4383
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    13,396
    Last Online

    07.21.19 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    864
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,515 Posts

    Default The shitty progressive idea/bs thread

    Despite the fact that the President and Congress is mostly full of neocons, it is progressives that are relentlessly trying to be the moral authority of the country, and they're doing it with the aid of colleges and the media. So, in their efforts to turn the country upside down we get new outrageous proposals from them almost daily.

    Here is another such idea.... The Huffingtonpost wants to get rid of fathers day:

    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  2. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  3. #2
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,374
    Last Online

    01.08.19 @ 08:26 PM
    Likes
    1,707
    Liked 1,391 Times in 814 Posts

    Default

    I'm not a huge fan of T.C., but I must admit I get a jump out of some of the nutjob SJW's he gets into it with.

    A couple I saw on the weekend:



  4. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  5. #3
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    13,396
    Last Online

    07.21.19 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    864
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,515 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of T.C., but I must admit I get a jump out of some of the nutjob SJW's he gets into it with.

    A couple I saw on the weekend:


    THe media lots these people run wild while they jump on the extreme right any chance they get.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  6. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  7. #4
    Romeo Delight tphitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.12
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    128
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    07.23.19 @ 06:59 PM
    Likes
    578
    Liked 46 Times in 24 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    This lady trying to explain that breast feeding isn't "natural" is one of the truly stupidest things I have ever seen. EVER.

    Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of T.C., but I must admit I get a jump out of some of the nutjob SJW's he gets into it with.

    A couple I saw on the weekend:



  8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  9. #5
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    16,003
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    07.23.19 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes
    25,556
    Liked 15,795 Times in 8,289 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Here's another one for you...

    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/18...d-smartphones/

    Now I don't know if the good doctor is a progressive or just an idiot, but he has no right to tell others when it's appropriate for their children to own a smartphone. And he wants retailers to have to monitor sales and report them the the state? What the fuck is wrong with this guy? It's nobody's business but mine and my wife's about when we choose to allow our children to own a smartphone.

    My six year old already uses mine. You gonna report me to the state authorities doc?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  11. #6
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    13,396
    Last Online

    07.21.19 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    864
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,515 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Here's another one for you...

    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/18...d-smartphones/

    Now I don't know if the good doctor is a progressive or just an idiot, but he has no right to tell others when it's appropriate for their children to own a smartphone. And he wants retailers to have to monitor sales and report them the the state? What the fuck is wrong with this guy? It's nobody's business but mine and my wife's about when we choose to allow our children to own a smartphone.

    My six year old already uses mine. You gonna report me to the state authorities doc?
    People try to control other people. It's another reason for government to be as small as small can be.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  12. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  13. #7
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,374
    Last Online

    01.08.19 @ 08:26 PM
    Likes
    1,707
    Liked 1,391 Times in 814 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    THe media lots these people run wild while they jump on the extreme right any chance they get.
    Which is hilarious, because much of the stuff on the Right these days that is being attacked is actually FAR from extreme....More just common sense, or common sense as we once knew it.
    The DNC toolbag in the first clip calls the "science settled", and that those that don't accept the current concepts of gender identity just aren't "enlightened".

    It's not science...It's just politicizing and rewriting historically accepted social/biological norms in the name of "Progressive Enlightenment".
    It's bullshit.

    As far as the woman in the second clip...I get her argument in regards to some women having unhealthy anxiety in terms of potential stigma of not being able to breast feed, but she just takes the whole discussion in a total extreme blanketing tangent.

    I just cannot in any way, shape, or form, begin to understand the direction the world is going, or how these people have gained such firm traction in society.

    These people are not the liberals the world knew even a decade or two ago.....Peace and love, social programs, such as welfare, and minimum wages....sure, but rewriting social, and biological conventions into law?
    Never woulda thunk it.

  14. #8
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    16,003
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    07.23.19 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes
    25,556
    Liked 15,795 Times in 8,289 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Which is hilarious, because much of the stuff on the Right these days that is being attacked is actually FAR from extreme....More just common sense, or common sense as we once knew it.
    The DNC toolbag in the first clip calls the "science settled", and that those that don't accept the current concepts of gender identity just aren't "enlightened".

    It's not science...It's just politicizing and rewriting historically accepted social/biological norms in the name of "Progressive Enlightenment".
    It's bullshit.


    As far as the woman in the second clip...I get her argument in regards to some women having unhealthy anxiety in terms of potential stigma of not being able to breast feed, but she just takes the whole discussion in a total extreme blanketing tangent.

    I just cannot in any way, shape, or form, begin to understand the direction the world is going, or how these people have gained such firm traction in society.

    These people are not the liberals the world knew even a decade or two ago.....Peace and love, social programs, such as welfare, and minimum wages....sure, but rewriting social, and biological conventions into law?
    Never woulda thunk it.
    It's called mental illness. If you were born with a penis and an x and y chromosome you're a male regardless of what you "think" you are. That is the settled science. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Now, this doesn't mean that we should be mean to these people or ostracize them, but we should quit trying to change definitions to suit a small subset of people that have a mental illness.

    I can think whatever the fuck I want but it doesn't make it fact or true. In fact, I think when I get back to Denver I'm going to "think" that I'm really Nolan Arenado and try to get into the players parking lot and dugout at Coors Field. I'll let you guys all know how that goes.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  15. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  16. #9
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    40,754
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    07.23.19 @ 08:29 PM
    Likes
    2,256
    Liked 11,012 Times in 6,166 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    It's called mental illness. If you were born with a penis and an x and y chromosome you're a male regardless of what you "think" you are. That is the settled science. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Now, this doesn't mean that we should be mean to these people or ostracize them, but we should quit trying to change definitions to suit a small subset of people that have a mental illness.

    I can think whatever the fuck I want but it doesn't make it fact or true. In fact, I think when I get back to Denver I'm going to "think" that I'm really Nolan Arenado and try to get into the players parking lot and dugout at Coors Field. I'll let you guys all know how that goes.
    he's still on his rookie deal. Think you're Carlos Gonzalez right before pay day. Better move.

  17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  18. #10
    Eruption
    Join Date
    05.27.16
    Posts
    1,040
    Last Online

    03.25.19 @ 11:19 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 106 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    It's not a mental illness. Psychiatry has demonstrated that people are meant to be one gender but born the wrong one. I can't stand Caitlyn Jenner in any way, shape or form, but there is no doubt whatsoever that she is a woman, and always was. She was trapped in a body that wasn't actually hers. Laura Jane Grace was meant to be a woman, the Wachowskis, Wendy Carlos (wrote the music for A Clockwork Orange and Tron), they don't "think" they're women. They ARE women, and always were. Long distance away from Rachel Dolezal. Not to mention, the South Park episode is wrong. Trans people won't lead to "trans-racial" or "trans-species" people, that's just fearmongering and hate being stirred.

  19. #11
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    26,222
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    07.23.19 @ 07:05 PM
    Likes
    19,684
    Liked 17,390 Times in 9,823 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    It's called mental illness.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #12
    Atomic Punk Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    38,067
    Last Online

    07.23.19 @ 08:29 PM
    Likes
    2,505
    Liked 10,323 Times in 5,644 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Ken Doll Gets A Makeover With New Body Types, Skin Tones And Hairstyles

    “We are redefining what a Barbie or Ken doll looks like to this generation.”

    Last year, Mattel gave Barbie a long overdue makeover with three new body types and a variety of skin colors and hairstyles. Now the toy company is announcing another move toward inclusiveness with “new and diverse” Ken dolls.

    On Tuesday, Barbie expanded its ‘Fashionistas’ line with 15 new Ken dolls, featuring three body types ― “slim,” “broad” and “original” ― as well as seven skin tones, eight hair colors and nine hair styles (like the man bun, cornrows and more).



    “By continuing to expand our product line, we are redefining what a Barbie or Ken doll looks like to this generation,” senior vice president and general manager for Barbie, Lisa McKnight, stated in a press release. “Evolving Ken was a natural evolution for the brand and allows girls to further personalize the role they want him to play in Barbie’s world.”

    The original Ken doll was introduced in 1961 and over the past half-century has become a staple for Barbie-loving girls and boys.



    While 10 of the new dolls are available now, five more will join in the coming months. In addition to the 15 new Ken dolls, there are now 25 more diverse Barbie dolls in the Fashionistas line.

    You can take a look at the new doll options on Barbie.com and at retailers nationwide.



    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0edb84c15c929







    Ken 1972


  22. #13
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,374
    Last Online

    01.08.19 @ 08:26 PM
    Likes
    1,707
    Liked 1,391 Times in 814 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    It's called mental illness. If you were born with a penis and an x and y chromosome you're a male regardless of what you "think" you are. That is the settled science. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Now, this doesn't mean that we should be mean to these people or ostracize them, but we should quit trying to change definitions to suit a small subset of people that have a mental illness.

    I can think whatever the fuck I want but it doesn't make it fact or true. In fact, I think when I get back to Denver I'm going to "think" that I'm really Nolan Arenado and try to get into the players parking lot and dugout at Coors Field. I'll let you guys all know how that goes.
    Right.....The thing that gets me is when they are applying these same principles to prepubescent kids....Elementary school kids.
    I saw a debate about this a while ago, and these two "child advocates" were adamant that these children should be able to choose which bathroom to be able to use based on their "preferred individual gender identity". The age group they were specifically talking about was ages 4 to 9.
    Now I get get that kids are developing earlier these days, but I've yet to meet a kid in this age group stressed over their gender identity, let alone even think about gender in the same way an adult does.
    Sure....There are some boys that may have a leaning toward being more feminine, and there are girls that are died in the wool tomboys, but time has proven to me watching these kids grow up that very often by the time they hit puberty, any preconceived notions of how these kids would turn out was turned on it's ear.

    At this age, kids are just getting their bearings, observing, learning, and developing their own identity overall....Not just sexual identity.

    I may be totally wrong, and I'm fine with that if you say so, but in my opinion, any child of this age who shows anxiety over their gender, shows it because it's been inflicted on them by parents, teachers, or other influences that they may be exposed to.
    Kids will be kids, and sure there are some at a very early age exhibit either very male or female traits opposite what their genitalia would otherwise dictate, and in those cases, and there's some that are born with underdeveloped or undefined genitals that have a very defined gender identity. It can be understandable in those cases, to be more sensitive to these individual needs but this discussion is making a mountain out of a molehill.

    Most kids will grow up fine without any out of the ordinary drama. They will hit puberty, and get interested in the opposite, or same sex, and yes, some will identify with the opposite gender as well, but it's not a social justice issue in my view.
    Yes, we should accept people for who they are, and I think as a society, we are far better at acceptance than previous generations, but this move of essentially eliminating gender in a defining way is knee-jerk Progressive madness.
    Hell...I think I mentioned it here last year, but from our HR dept. we received a letter regarding being cautious of descriptive, "potentially" offensive words such as: He, She, Him, Her, Man, Woman, and in particular, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Husband, and Wife.
    We were only to refer to our "significant other" as a "Partner".

    That didn't go over so well.

  23. #14
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    14,764
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    07.23.19 @ 12:35 PM
    Likes
    3,741
    Liked 6,395 Times in 3,320 Posts

    Default

    Those Ken dolls would be a lot sweeter if they wore Rompers

    Here is what I find interesting about science is settled. Global Warming. Science trumps all. You have data which even though its suspected, its infallible. When it comes down to races, they analyze our genetics and say "science settled. We are the same human race regardless of skin color" Even when we discuss people who are gay, there is talk of a "gay gene" Evidence supports it as recently as this article
    http://www.newsweek.com/lgbt-gay-lgb...esearch-608493

    Hell science has settled what makes a man or woman by the X and Y chromosone. Heck we can tell by analyzing the Y chromosone of violence. Of course prenatal testing can show whether a birth defect will occur and of course the sex. Science is settled and infallible

    Yet with Transgender, its all in the mind. Science be damned. If the person thinks they are a dolphin, well they are.

  24. #15
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,374
    Last Online

    01.08.19 @ 08:26 PM
    Likes
    1,707
    Liked 1,391 Times in 814 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic34 View Post
    It's not a mental illness. Psychiatry has demonstrated that people are meant to be one gender but born the wrong one. I can't stand Caitlyn Jenner in any way, shape or form, but there is no doubt whatsoever that she is a woman, and always was. She was trapped in a body that wasn't actually hers. Laura Jane Grace was meant to be a woman, the Wachowskis, Wendy Carlos (wrote the music for A Clockwork Orange and Tron), they don't "think" they're women. They ARE women, and always were. Long distance away from Rachel Dolezal. Not to mention, the South Park episode is wrong. Trans people won't lead to "trans-racial" or "trans-species" people, that's just fearmongering and hate being stirred.
    I get you, and I will reference Tula (Caroline Cossey) from James Bond movie fame.







    In this case (for one), there was absolutely no doubt that she identified as a woman very early....It was a classic example of something in the genetic code not flipping at the right time during development. She actually has one hell of a story, and it's worth the read...Quite a few funny parts. There is not one iota of mental illness emanating from Tula.
    On the other hand....
    I don't know what to say about Jenner.....I mean, he/she has gone through some change, but personally, and who am I to say, but something just screams that he had something more psychological at play (I mean aside being part of the Karshashian freakshow) than true gender dis-associative issues, and I'm not the only person who has mentioned that. experts with far more insight than me, including trans people who have undergone reassignment both early and late in life have questioned his case. Some of them have said that his/her personality traits are more of someone with escapism syndrome,, or attempting to completely erase the recognizable traces of themselves...Sometimes more associated with extreme self loathing.
    There used to be pretty heavy psychological scrutiny in cases where some people would ask for gender reassignment mainly because it is most certainly life changing, and can be, understandibly prone to enormous regret afterwards should they not achieve the physical, or psychological goals they intended.
    I can't remember who it was (definitely not doctor Drew), but this one Doctor who is very respected said that based on what he knows of Jenner's personality, and some of the things he's gone through, he definitely would not approve gender reassignment without serious scrutiny, and peer review, but that "She does appear to be happy publicly", but still questions some other underlying issues that made him come to this decision.
    So yes...Mental illness is still possible in cases of gender identity, just as it is in any number of human conditions.
    The fact that he/she has made such a huge public/social spectacle out of it just doesn't sit right with me as someone who is truly at ease with themselves....I don't know how to explain it, but something doesn't sit right from a genuine self perspective.

    Last edited by we die young; 06.20.17 at 10:57 AM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 1971 memo exposed by Progressive Rep. Keith Ellison that you need to read
    By bklynboy68 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01.31.14, 10:20 AM
  2. Was it a good idea or a bad idea for VH not to do Promo vids for 5150
    By Bad to the Bone in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07.23.12, 06:56 AM
  3. Great, another shitty superbowl
    By HippieLettuce in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02.06.02, 11:24 AM
  4. The shitty Beatles!
    By Runnin' with yo mama in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11.21.00, 01:33 PM
  5. If you like progressive metal...
    By Alchemy in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10.16.00, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •