Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 4486
  1. #16
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    17,445
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    1,334
    Liked 4,444 Times in 2,680 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic34 View Post
    It's not a mental illness. Psychiatry has demonstrated that people are meant to be one gender but born the wrong one. I can't stand Caitlyn Jenner in any way, shape or form, but there is no doubt whatsoever that she is a woman, and always was. She was trapped in a body that wasn't actually hers. Laura Jane Grace was meant to be a woman, the Wachowskis, Wendy Carlos (wrote the music for A Clockwork Orange and Tron), they don't "think" they're women. They ARE women, and always were. Long distance away from Rachel Dolezal. Not to mention, the South Park episode is wrong. Trans people won't lead to "trans-racial" or "trans-species" people, that's just fearmongering and hate being stirred.
    Problem is that isn't the argument. The argument is that sex and gender are two different things. You can be born with male or female parts, but gender or outward appearance is a social construct (women have long hair, wear dresses and makeup, men have short hair, wear jeans, just to hit some stereotypes). Just because you were born male doesn't mean your outward appearance has to be male. But the reason these things can be separated is that one is biological and one is a societal expectation/norm.

    The reason people bring up transracial is that race is also a social construct. There's no scientific basis for it and there's no scientific expectation that my buddy whom society would call "Black" would have more genetically in common with another Black person as opposed to me or, say, someone from Japan.

    The exact explanation for transgenderism—the separation of biological sex versus social constructs—can be used to argue one is transracial. And we know this concept exists because "passing" is real. And what are minorities doing when they "pass" as White? Others assume they're White and they play along by assuming another race.

    The reason the left goes nuts over that is because they've separated us by race into having special statuses. Minorities cannot be racist; Whites can. All Whites are more privileged than minorities. No one can know what it's like to be a minority or walk in their shoes, so trans-racialism cannot be accepted (of course, what it is like to be White or walk in their shoes CAN be known, or the concept of privilege couldn't exist, but that assumption based purely on race cannot be racist because only Whites can be racist).

    The left has a vested interest in shouting down the idea of transracialism because it eats away at the core of critical race theory, which is the main prism through which the left looks at the world.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  3. #17
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    16,270
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 11:19 AM
    Likes
    25,977
    Liked 16,092 Times in 8,456 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic34 View Post
    It's not a mental illness. Psychiatry has demonstrated that people are meant to be one gender but born the wrong one. I can't stand Caitlyn Jenner in any way, shape or form, but there is no doubt whatsoever that she is a woman, and always was. She was trapped in a body that wasn't actually hers. Laura Jane Grace was meant to be a woman, the Wachowskis, Wendy Carlos (wrote the music for A Clockwork Orange and Tron), they don't "think" they're women. They ARE women, and always were. Long distance away from Rachel Dolezal. Not to mention, the South Park episode is wrong. Trans people won't lead to "trans-racial" or "trans-species" people, that's just fearmongering and hate being stirred.
    This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read here.

    I was "meant" to be Michael Jordan, but somehow I was "trapped" in this 5 foot 6 inch, no vertical leaping ability, white body.

    You do realize how utterly ridiculous that is, right?

    Here's a newsflash. The body you inhabit, including its gender characteristics is the one you were "meant" to have. If you were "supposed" to be something else then you would be something else.
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 06.20.17 at 11:12 AM.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  4. #18
    Eruption
    Join Date
    05.27.16
    Posts
    1,040
    Last Online

    03.25.19 @ 11:19 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 106 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read here.

    I was "meant" to be Michael Jordan, but somehow I was "trapped" in this 5 foot 6 inch, no vertical leaping ability, white body.

    You do realize how utterly ridiculous that is, right?

    Here's a newsflash. The body you inhabit, including its gender characteristics is the one you were "meant" to have. If you were "supposed" to be something else then you would be something else.
    It's not that simple. So you're just saying that psychiatrists and psychologists are frauds and their research into the area spanning decades means nothing.

  5. #19
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    50
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    7,061
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 09:55 AM
    Likes
    3,763
    Liked 2,963 Times in 1,570 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read here.

    I was "meant" to be Michael Jordan, but somehow I was "trapped" in this 5 foot 6 inch, no vertical leaping ability, white body.

    You do realize how utterly ridiculous that is, right?

    Here's a newsflash. The body you inhabit, including its gender characteristics is the one you were "meant" to have. If you were "supposed" to be something else then you would be something else.
    I want to come back as Pappy Boyington! He was a bad ass drunk that flew corsairs!!!

    HH<---- I seriously thought about starting a Liberial, leftist thread last night, about dissecting this warp ideology they seem to have--------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  6. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  7. #20
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    50
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    7,061
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 09:55 AM
    Likes
    3,763
    Liked 2,963 Times in 1,570 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic34 View Post
    It's not that simple. So you're just saying that psychiatrists and psychologists are frauds and their research into the area spanning decades means nothing.
    Well, you seem to think they earth is melting, so what's that tell ya? Research isn't what you think it is sometimes.

    HH<----- this thread may be rough on you -----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  8. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  9. #21
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,877
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Respect my Wind
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 06:38 AM
    Likes
    143
    Liked 1,284 Times in 710 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    I want to come back as Pappy Boyington! He was a bad ass drunk that flew corsairs!!!

    HH<---- I seriously thought about starting a Liberial, leftist thread last night, about dissecting this warp ideology they seem to have--------
    I can't believe someone dropped a Pappy Boyington reference on here. I lived on Black Sheep Squadron re-runs in 85-86. What a great show....
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

  10. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  11. #22
    Atomic Punk Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    38,568
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 01:16 PM
    Likes
    2,543
    Liked 10,511 Times in 5,766 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    "I am Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht."


  12. #23
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    16,270
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 11:19 AM
    Likes
    25,977
    Liked 16,092 Times in 8,456 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic34 View Post
    It's not that simple. So you're just saying that psychiatrists and psychologists are frauds and their research into the area spanning decades means nothing.
    Occam's razor.

    I don't need a bunch of bullshit research to tell me that there's something mentally wrong with someone who has a penis thinking he's a woman. Just like someone who hears voices that no one else does is mentally ill.

    But if you want to believe a bunch of academic gobbledygook instead of what your own eyes are telling you, more power to you.

    That actually seems to be your MO...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  13. #24
    Atomic Punk TheresOnlyOneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.13.04
    Location
    Avengers Tower
    Posts
    12,922
    Favorite VH Album

    Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

    Different Devil
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 12:55 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 1,054 Times in 661 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    This is the kind of idiocy we have to deal with now. Notice how this was rarely a problem before the messiah became president?

    Women-Only Spa Ripped for Being ‘Transphobic’ Because of Its ‘No Male Genitals’ Policy

    Seriously, read this convoluted bullshit:

    “There are many ways of being trans and there are many ways of being a woman,” Cavanaugh noted to the National Post. “What is between our legs is our own business.”

    She also claims that “transgender” doesn’t only refer to going from one binary gender to the other. “Transgender” can mean any number of transitions, from single-gender to multi-gender, from single-gender to bi-gender, and from gendered to non-gendered, agendered, or pan-gendered. The binary gender system is woefully outdated.

    Whole 'story':
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/wome...nitals-policy/
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

    Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

    A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

    Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

  14. #25
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    14,828
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 10:24 AM
    Likes
    3,784
    Liked 6,448 Times in 3,346 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Occam's razor.

    I don't need a bunch of bullshit research to tell me that there's something mentally wrong with someone who has a penis thinking he's a woman. Just like someone who hears voices that no one else does is mentally ill.

    But if you want to believe a bunch of academic gobbledygook instead of what your own eyes are telling you, more power to you.

    That actually seems to be your MO...
    Having a transgender in my extended family I have to be a little sympathetic to the issue. I do believe that people are born gay and I do believe people are transgender. However I don't believe every gay, bisexual or trans are born that way. I do believe external factors do contribute to people making decisions like this. Its not an all or nothing. That's whats being preached. If you say you are trans, well gosh darn it, its true. You are mentally sound and are simply just confused. I don't believe that is the case. I know with my family member everything was great a year ago. Then parents start arguing more, cheating and now getting a divorce. Boom now somebody is trans. Totally due to external factors in their life and they are reaching out for help. A girl now is a boy because her family life is fucked up.

    That's my problem. Nobody can at least challenge the notion that maybe there are some mental issues or problems that need to be addressed. Nope you are just identifying as such and it is so. Having short hair, wearing boys clothes, etc makes all the problems go away.

    Now I do believe with others there could be biological issues at play. Certainly am ok with admitting that but its not 100% like people make it to be.

  15. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  16. #26
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    17,445
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    1,334
    Liked 4,444 Times in 2,680 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Having a transgender in my extended family I have to be a little sympathetic to the issue. I do believe that people are born gay and I do believe people are transgender. However I don't believe every gay, bisexual or trans are born that way. I do believe external factors do contribute to people making decisions like this. Its not an all or nothing. That's whats being preached. If you say you are trans, well gosh darn it, its true. You are mentally sound and are simply just confused. I don't believe that is the case. I know with my family member everything was great a year ago. Then parents start arguing more, cheating and now getting a divorce. Boom now somebody is trans. Totally due to external factors in their life and they are reaching out for help. A girl now is a boy because her family life is fucked up.

    That's my problem. Nobody can at least challenge the notion that maybe there are some mental issues or problems that need to be addressed. Nope you are just identifying as such and it is so. Having short hair, wearing boys clothes, etc makes all the problems go away.

    Now I do believe with others there could be biological issues at play. Certainly am ok with admitting that but its not 100% like people make it to be.
    I think it can all be true. Perhaps there are people who genuinely feel this and it isn't mental illness. Lest we forget that gays were initially dismissed as being mentally ill and you could make a similarly strong argument that guys have something for the girls and vice versa, so going against nature in this way means there must be something messed up on your head/mental illness. What we thought was singular turned out to not just be binary, but there are people who like both sexes.

    And I would actually even push back against being born with it. You don't have to look any further than Jason and Jarron Collins, identical twins. Only the former is gay. So I think it's actually more complicated. Nurture and nature work together and different influences change or turn genes on and off to change even identical twins. But if Jason were born 100% gay by genetics, then his genetically identical twin should be gay too.

    So maybe like homosexuality and genetics/nature, we don't yet know everything. I do think there are people who say they are trams that are doing it as part of a fad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  18. #27
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,374
    Last Online

    01.08.19 @ 08:26 PM
    Likes
    1,707
    Liked 1,391 Times in 814 Posts

    Default

    This is gonna be a long, weird, probably far to deep and offensive (to some) post for a Tuesday, but bear with me:

    There's a lot of factors that lend themselves to dissociative disorders, and that does play into this "gender debate", if it really is one, and yes, gender identity is often part of these disorders.
    It doesn't mean everyone who is trans is "mentally ill"...there are very well documented medical journals where there were cases, (as I mentioned in an earlier post) where some people were clearly born with physical abnormalities to their genitals which were profoundly inconclusive as to their development, so there is proof that during gestation, some genetic switches or triggers don't actually function as they should have, so as far as sexual, or gender identity goes, I have no doubt that certain people's brains and chemistry have developed one way, and their body quite another.

    The problem I see is the politicizing, and Progressive over analysis of it. I seriously think we have wayyyy to much fucking time on our hands, and come up with all this prefabricated fake outrage over things that just a few decades ago would be laughed at outright.

    Firstly....Let me say that I am not anti gay, trans, whatever.... by any means. People are who they are....It's what makes the world go round, and keeps it interesting.

    You may think so...I'm not. I have gay friends who are equally frustrated by all these SJW agendas.
    We keep talking about social conventions, and that we are somehow indoctrinated into a particular engineered gender orientation, and that's not exactly true.
    Sure...Most of us here grew up with "dresses for girls...pants for boys", "Tonka Trucks for Boys, Dolls for Girls", but beyond that, there are much more hardwired tendencies.
    It's a chicken and egg thing.
    These days, the general concensus is that "Gender" is based solely on our social conventions, and stereotypes, but we've forgotten that a lot of these conventions, and stereotypes were also in response to the sexes' inherent natural interests and tendencies.......Of course most of these things predate women's lib, but think about it....If one thing capitalism has proven, it's that marketing is a science in of itself, and caters to the common denominator.

    Call me crazy, but from the dawn of time, humans have been defined by two distinct gender labels....Male, and Female. It's a FACT. Period.
    Male: Hunters, Gatherers, Protectors.
    Female: Childbearing, Caring of family unit.....There are exceptions....Queens, and Earls for example.

    Pretty blunt, and unenlightened, but that's the point....Forget enlightenment for a moment, and think about base human instinct.
    Take away all the trappings of the current World Order...All the luxuries we've always known, and take for granted; home, work, food from the supermarket, friendly neighbors, a steady reliable routine, entertainment, devices, etc. etc.

    Let's just imagine for a moment that everything we take for granted in "civilized society" went away tomorrow, and we all had to rely on our own two hands, and primal drive to just survive .
    Forget about the suedo-intellectual debates about gender identity, and think about the human base instinct for survival of the species.....the reason we have sex organs and crave sex in the first place.

    The only reason we can have these stupid debates in the first place is because we have "evolved" or "enlightened" ourselves enough to be able to choose weather we want to have sex for recreation, or procreation, and have the civilized societal conventions in place to choose who we have sex with, of either gender and what gender we choose to identify as....

    If everything went away tomorrow, though there would be some pretty damn admirable women, the bottom line is we would eventually revert back to a base tribal instincts, and men would most likely be the hunters, gatherers, and warriors, and women would most likely revert to their role of childbearing, and care of the family.

    So lets take a quick look at this, as neanderthal a concept it may be.

    Men in their base primal instinctual state are aggressive, methodical hunters/trappers, and fighters. This has persisted throughout as the reasoning behind boys toys, and their clothing....More rough, and tumble, and made to meet the demands of rough play. Also why toys for boys tend to involve war themes, or are mechanical in nature. It's ingrained.....Hardwired.

    Women in their primal instinctual state are nurturers, caring and protecting their young. This has persisted throughout as the reasoning behind girls toys, and their clothing.....conversely, toys geared towards more sensitive, nurturing play..... Clothes for girls is very much a social construct...No dispute there whatsoever.

    The bottom line is, we can try to adopt an "enlightened view" on gender, but is this not a true social construct in of itself?

    There will always be sensitive, weak boys, and there will always be tough tomboy girls...it doesn't mean they will become gay/lesbian with any certainty...The reality is that if this was a different time free of all our modern societal protections, they wouldn't exist for long.
    You don't have to dig too deep into the animal kingdom to see what happens to the weak or different.

    again...I know this post may rub some wrong, but sometimes I think we've lost, or have chosen to lose our connection to the fact that though we are human, we are still part of the animal kingdom.
    Our intelligence has risen us above all other animals, but sometimes I question if we haven't plateaued somehow.

  19. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  20. #28
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    41,148
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 11:40 AM
    Likes
    2,308
    Liked 11,343 Times in 6,341 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    This is the kind of idiocy we have to deal with now. Notice how this was rarely a problem before the messiah became president?

    Women-Only Spa Ripped for Being ‘Transphobic’ Because of Its ‘No Male Genitals’ Policy

    Seriously, read this convoluted bullshit:

    “There are many ways of being trans and there are many ways of being a woman,” Cavanaugh noted to the National Post. “What is between our legs is our own business.”

    She also claims that “transgender” doesn’t only refer to going from one binary gender to the other. “Transgender” can mean any number of transitions, from single-gender to multi-gender, from single-gender to bi-gender, and from gendered to non-gendered, agendered, or pan-gendered. The binary gender system is woefully outdated.

    Whole 'story':
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/wome...nitals-policy/
    Yup this was a big story up here. People have lost their fucking minds.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  21. #29
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    47
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I work with a girl who's gay. Her sister is also gay. They're like a year apart in age. Both in teens.

    I do wonder if something like that is more influence then being born with....

  22. #30
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    45
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    41,148
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    08.19.19 @ 11:40 AM
    Likes
    2,308
    Liked 11,343 Times in 6,341 Posts

    Default

    i think those on the left fighting for these causes often have their hearts in the right place but there comes a point where you push so much that you hurt your own cause. People that fall into the "don't care" category will move to "I care and I hate this idea" if you move too far too fast in my opinion.

  23. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 1971 memo exposed by Progressive Rep. Keith Ellison that you need to read
    By bklynboy68 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01.31.14, 10:20 AM
  2. Was it a good idea or a bad idea for VH not to do Promo vids for 5150
    By Bad to the Bone in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07.23.12, 06:56 AM
  3. Great, another shitty superbowl
    By HippieLettuce in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02.06.02, 11:24 AM
  4. The shitty Beatles!
    By Runnin' with yo mama in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11.21.00, 01:33 PM
  5. If you like progressive metal...
    By Alchemy in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10.16.00, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •