Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 11:34 PM
    Liked 1,261 Times in 708 Posts

Rand Paul's plan sounds waaay better:

https://www.randpaul.com/news/obamac...-act-rand-paul

Obamacare Replacement Act - Rand Paul

The Obamacare Replacement Act Sen. Rand Paul, M.D.

Since the passage of Obamacare, Americans have seen their premiums skyrocket, coverage they liked terminated, and dwindling choices of in-network healthcare providers. Many individuals who gained coverage through Obamacare are still, for all practical purposes, without insurance because the deductibles are beyond the reach of low income workers. It is essential that Obamacare be replaced with a plan that achieves what Obamacare failed to do - insure the most people possible at the lowest price.

Legalize Inexpensive Insurance Plans:

Obamacare not only told individuals that they must purchase insurance, but defined specifically what that insurance must be. The first order of business should be to ensure that Americans can purchase the health insurance coverage that fits their needs.

By imposing a variety of requirements on what plans can cover and how much they pay out in claims, Obamacare significantly increased premiums. By eliminating Obamacare’s essential health benefits requirement, and other restrictive coverage and plan requirements, low-cost insurance options will again be available to American consumers.

Help People Save To Buy Health Insurance:

Authorize a tax credit (up to $5,000 per taxpayer) for individuals and families that contribute to HSAs to further incentivize health savings.
    Remove the maximum allowable annual contribution limit to HSAs, so that individuals may make unlimited contributions to an HSA.
    Currently, HSA funds may not be used to purchase insurance or cover the cost of premiums. Allowing the use of HSA funds for insurance premiums will help make health coverage more affordable for American families.

Allowing HSA funds to be used for a broader range of health-related expenses give Americans the freedom to choose the type of health care they wish to receive. Eligible expenses are expanded to include prescription and OTC drugs, dietary supplements, weight loss programs and physical exercise expenses, and direct primary care and concierge medicine services, among others.

Fair Tax Treatment of Health Insurance

Equalize the tax treatment of the purchase of health insurance for individuals and employers, by allowing individuals to deduct the cost of their health insurance from their income and payroll taxes, they will be empowered to purchase insurance independent of employment.

Help Individuals Join Together to Purchase Insurance:

Expand Association Health Plans (AHPs) allow small business owners and individuals to band together across state lines through their membership in a trade or professional association to purchase health coverage for their families and employees at a lower cost.
    In addition, we should allow individuals to pool together through any organization to purchase insurance.

These new pooling mechanisms increase the buying power of individuals and small businesses to decrease costs, increase administrative efficiencies, and protect individuals with pre-existing conditions by giving them access to the group market.
    Allow the Purchase of Insurance Across State Lines

Increase access to health coverage by creating an interstate market for health insurance that allows insurers licensed to sell policies in one state to offer them to residents of any other state.

State Medicaid Flexibility

Provides states new flexibilities for Medicaid waivers for innovative state plan designs.
    Last edited by Wildman; 03.10.17 at 10:40 PM.
    blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

https://www.facebook.com/devintownsendexperience

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 4,721 Times in 2,852 Posts

It does, but the Republicans have already lost this debate, I think. Unless there is some brilliant, 3-phase plan to go from a top-down model like the ACA to a much freer version, we're debating who has the better top-down plan. Most people see health care as the free market failing, and that's due to the success of how Democrats have contextualized this whole thing. I think that's a major reason Republicans haven't been able to come up with a plan they agree on.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 19,975 Times in 11,479 Posts

Pfaff: GOP Leadership Undermining the Trump Agenda — Setting Up 2018 Fight with House Freedom Caucus?

by JIM PFAFF

11 Mar 2017

This week, Speaker Paul Ryan and House leadership introduced an Obamacare replacement bill. They said it was the culmination of months of discussion and input with members of the GOP caucus in the House. “We listened to our members,” they said, and this was the result.

It turns out that isn’t the case at all. The House Freedom Caucus and conservative groups like Heritage Foundation, Americans for Prosperity, Freedomworks and Club For Growth—among others—came out opposing the plan. And the furor began. What’s being revealed as this plays out is the real challenge it will be to “drain the swamp.” And as the fault lines between conservatives and leadership in the House widen, the Trump agenda is truly at risk.

Paul Ryan in his now famous “PowerPoint Press Conference” sent a message to the House Freedom Caucus and conservative groups. “They don’t understand the reconciliation process,” he said. He drew a line in the sand against to their efforts when he said, “The time is here. The time is now. This is the moment, and this is the closest this will ever happen. It really comes down to a binary choice.”

It’s a binary choice over something which has no costs associated with it. The Congressional Budget Office has not released their report on its budget effect. And some members of Congress are openly concerned the report might show severe impacts on future spending. House leadership hasn’t been forthcoming on the fiscal impact either.

Paul Ryan has been sending a message to conservatives. He is telling them to either accept the plan or not. And while conservatives aren’t yet falling into line, an effort to oppose them during the 2018 campaign is beginning to emerge. It may be a repeat leadership’s 2016 efforts to take out conservative members.

Just this week, a group began a $500,000 ad campaign targeting 30 House Freedom Caucus members calling upon them to support what is now being called Ryancare. Similar efforts were initiated against Freedom Caucus members like Paul Gosar (R-AZ) and Tim Huelskamp (R-KS) last year taking out Huelskamp.

Ultimately, Paul Ryan is causing severe harm to the agenda of President Trump. The Speaker knew the bill he released would have strong opposition from conservatives. Sen. Rand Paul was already explaining the reasons for opposition when he complained how the House was hiding the bill in the last few weeks. As the politics in the House continues to deteriorate, there is speculation that while feigning support for the President’s agenda, House leadership is using the legislation to set up an electoral fight with conservatives next year.

I found myself in the middle of this give and take serving Cong. Tim Huelskamp as his Chief of Staff. Immediately after the 112th Congress began in January 2011, leaders in the House offered a spending cut of $38.5 billion in the budget. They claimed they were taking aggressive steps to get spending under control. But no CBO report had been issued to confirm that number. Our office found the actual CBO research which revealed the cut was only $352 million (not ‘billion’ but ‘million’). House leadership was apparently hiding the report. We released it to a furor of condemnation in the House. I met with Boehner’s Chief of Staff Barry Jackson. He was furious. I’ll just say this meeting set the tone for the ongoing backlash against House Freedom Caucus members and John Boehner ever since.

A typical pattern emerged in the House after 2011. Bills were written in the Speaker’s office. They were forced through the committees with limited amendments. They proceeded to the Rules committee which is stacked with members loyal to the speaker. Conservative amendments were killed there. And the bill reached the floor with rules taking away the right of members to amend the bill.

Conservatives have been shut out of the process for years. And it seems nothing has changed.

The House could have offered a full repeal bill. Speaker Ryan is making a passionate plea against the idea saying it would be filibustered in the Senate and die. But experts are saying that might not be the case at all.

Reconciliation is a mystery to the average American—mostly because members of Congress make it so. Reconciliation is a process created through the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 that allows changes to budget items to “reconcile” with the then current budget on a simple majority vote. Spending items only are allowed under Reconciliation.

Some experts believe Congress can pass a full repeal of Obamacare in a reconciliation bill. Paul Winfree of the Heritage Foundation argued this in a Politico article last November:

“…it is clear that those rules are inseparable from the rest of the ACA’s structure. In fact, the Obama administration argued this before the Supreme Court in King v. Burwell, the case over whether enrollees who buy insurance through the federal exchange are eligible for subsidies. As a result, Congress may repeal those regulations via reconciliation.”

The Senate Parliamentarian could certainly rule against a bill with full repeal language, but there is a simple fix to that. The presiding officer can rule against the parliamentarian, and the Senate can overrule her with a simple majority vote.

GOP leadership in the Senate and House know this. But they are unwilling to take the risk.

This is where President Trump can use his political heft to bring a solution. And it just might save his agenda from an initial defeat.

He can sit down with Speaker Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and conservatives and hash out a full repeal now. President Trump can send Mike Pence to the Senate to override any negative ruling by the parliamentarian, and Obamacare can go to the ash heap of history.

The Swamp doesn’t want this. But Donald Trump could once again defy the odds and make winning great again.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 07:21 AM
    Liked 4,231 Times in 2,589 Posts

Premium Member

I'm too lazy to find out. Who gets the tax credits and what are the amounts or hows it based?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 27,978 Times in 14,156 Posts

Paul Ryan is an idiot.

Why do men and women of such limited talent and intellect become our elected officials?
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Paul Ryan is an idiot.

Why do men and women of such limited talent and intellect become our elected officials?
    He knows what he is doing. Unfortunately for the country it is not in our best interests.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Rand Paul's plan sounds waaay better:

https://www.randpaul.com/news/obamac...-act-rand-paul
    Keep fighting, Rand.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 27,978 Times in 14,156 Posts

Republicans are going to fuck around and not do what they promised to do, just watch.

Then, in 2020, they are all going to be saying "what went wrong?"
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Last Online

04.28.18 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 33 Posts

Would the good people of Wisconsin vote out Paul Ryan the next time his term comes up, please?!?

He is nothing but a good-for-nothing RINO. He is a Globalist (Totalitarian). He is no better than any of the leftists he proclaims to be against. Vote him out and get someone in there that will keep their promise (repeal Obamacare), support the constitution of U.S.A., the people of Wisconsin, and the citizens of the U.S.A. Paul Ryan is NOT a conservative/libertarian/constitutionalist. He is a leftist globalist, beholden to his masters at the central bank.

"Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

"Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

Last Online

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 11,193 Times in 6,766 Posts

Establishment Republicans have reverted back to their "we're afraid of losing our seats" mindset.

They're scared of those 20 million that Obamacare insured that previously weren't.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Rand Paul on Obamacare Lite: There Is a ‘Separation Between’ Ryan, Trump

12 Mar 2017

Sunday on CBS’s “Face The Nation,” while discussing the Republicans the repeal and replacement of the Affordable Care Act, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said there is a “separation between” Speaker of the House Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) and President Donald Trump.

Paul said, “I think there is a separation between the two. I have talked to the president, I think three times on Obamacare and I hear from him he is willing to negotiate. You know what I hear from Paul Ryan ‘it is a binary choice, young man.’ But what is a binary choice, his way or the highway?”

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

CBO Sees 24 Million More Uninsured, $337 Billion Deficit Cut in Coming Decade With GOP Health PlanDrop in number of insured would result in part because people would opt to go without coverage

By 

STEPHANIE ARMOUR and

KRISTINA PETERSON

Updated March 13, 2017 5:13 p.m. ET

A Republican plan to replace the Affordable Care Act would leave 24 million more people without insurance in 2026 compared with current law, an analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has found.

The legislation would reduce the federal deficit by $337 billion through 2026, in large part because it would lower federal spending for Medicaid and end tax credits now provided to people on the Affordable Care Act’s insurance exchanges, according to the report, which was released Monday.

The long-awaited analysis is likely to inflame the debate and pose the first significant test for Republicans trying to topple the Affordable Care Act. It could imperil the legislation’s changes in the Senate, where some moderate Republicans already are wary of supporting measures that strip too many people of their health insurance.

The report, by the CBO and the Joint Committee on Taxation, said the number of insured would drop in part because of people opting to go without coverage once the requirement that most Americans have coverage or pay a penalty is repealed. Higher premiums would also prompt some people to opt to go without insurance.

Premiums in the individual market would tend to increase before 2020, rising up to 20% higher than under the ACA, in large part because of the demise of the penalty for not having coverage, based on the report. Premiums would then go down: In 2026, the average premiums for a single person in the individual market would be about 10% lower than under the health law now, the analysis found.

Republicans have been pitching their overhaul of the health law as a cure for high prices under the ACA, asserting that the proposal would drive down costs by encouraging competition and giving people more choice. To achieve that, GOP members aim to relax the requirement that insurers provide a certain array of benefits, allowing them to offer less generous plans that cost less, among other changes.

President Donald Trump has also said he would work to make it easier for insurers to sell plans across state lines, arguing that the competition would also drive down premiums.

The Congressional Budget Office is an independent office that assesses the impact of legislation for Congress. In its calculations, it used estimates that the bill would be enacted by May 2017.

“Today’s CBO report now confirms what we already knew: despite promises that ‘everyone would be covered’ and ‘no one would be worse off,’ this Republican bill would rip away health insurance from 24 million Americans over the next decade and ask millions to pay more for less coverage,” said Reps. Richard Neal of Massachusetts and Frank Pallone of New Jersey, the top Democrats on the two House committees that drafted the GOP health bill.

But House Speaker Paul Ryan (R., Wis.) drew a different lesson.

“When people have more choices, costs go down. That’s what this report shows,” Mr. Ryan said. “And, as we have long said, there will be a stable transition so that no one has the rug pulled out from under them.”

The ranks of the uninsured would rise by 24 million in a decade in part due to a decline in the number of people on Medicaid, according to the CBO analysis. In 2026, an estimated 52 million people would be uninsured compared with 28 million who would lack insurance under the current ACA.

The new tax credits in the House GOP proposal would be less generous than the credits under the ACA, but other changes would lower average premiums enough to draw healthy people in and stabilize the individual market, according to the report.

The independent CBO has long been used as a neutral referee when claims are made about a bill’s costs or benefits. At times the office has come in for criticism by the party that is less enamored of its conclusions about a particular piece of legislation.

In the days leading up to the CBO’s report, Republicans, concerned about unfavorable findings, had been laying the groundwork by playing down the importance of the office’s estimates, or “scoring.”

White House spokesman Sean Spicer on Monday said the Republican solution would increase choices while decreasing costs. And many in the GOP have said their proposal should be judged not against the current situation but against what would happen if the ACA were left untouched.

“Americans have been watching their health care costs escalate,” Mr. Spicer said at a press briefing.

Read the full report here: (37 pages)

https://www.scribd.com/document/3417...HCA#from_embed