Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: New DLR tracks?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, the month is just about over, and the new DLR track that was promised by slawterhouse.com still isn't here. To make matters worse, no one seems to know who won the Ashley Abernathy auction, or if the song is going to be released online by the winner. Has anyone heard anything at all?

------------------
    "Money GOOD! Napster BAD!" -James Hetfield

Sebastian Bach made the following comment on the Conan O'Brian show... on national television: "I got long hair for 2 reasons Conan, number 1 I get laid, and number 2 I get paid."
    Now lets all laugh together!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I don't see anything bad about not knowing what's going on with the Ashley Abernathy song. That song was done to help a little girl with cancer, and that's a million times more important than getting the song in my collection.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think JD's trying to say that the keepers have gone silent as of late. Along with everyone else, it seems.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow Glenn, thanks for making me look like the fucking antichrist! I'm glad Dave sang a song for Ashley Abernathy, I thought it was an amazing thing for him to do, and I thought the clip of the song was heartwarming. I was trying to say that Slawterhouse has not only forgotten about their new DLR song, but they've just ignored the end of the Ashley Abernathy auction. Did anyone win? If so, how much did the single raise for charity? Usually when the end result of something like this is never mentioned, it means that it was never followed through on. And yes, I'm excited about hearing the Ashley Abernathy song, it's a sweet, funny song. I have trouble imagining anyone who heard the clip of the song wouldn't want to hear it in it's entireity. I don't know why you took my first post to mean "screw the little girl with cancer, I want me some new music!", but I assure you that wasn't the intent.

------------------

Sebastian Bach made the following comment on the Conan O'Brian show... on national television: "I got long hair for 2 reasons Conan, number 1 I get laid, and number 2 I get paid."

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

JD,

Apparently, someone in Japan just won the single for a bid of $3,350.00. (Yowza!)

------------------
    Dirty Faced Kids...the hope of the future!
    "1989" - Maya's Van Halen Page
    Offical Designated Driver for the Atomic Drunks...where everybody knows your screen name.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

JD, that's fair enough. I didn't (and don't) think you're some heartless person trying to squash a little girl to build up a VH collection. I wasn't trying to show you up or make you look like an antichrist. What got me was your reference to it being bad that we didn't know if the song was being released online. I agree that it would be nice for the Keepers to give us this promised single, and that they should keep us aware of how much money was raised for little Ashley. But I disagree that it's of any importance whether the song is released on the net. Anyway, disagreeing is legal around here.

JD, I think you and I are pretty close to being on the same page here, but if not feel free to float me an email.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agreed. No harm, no foul. I still wonder about that new Dave track that was talked about. Was that actually announced by the Keepers, or was it through the cousin of a friend of a guy who hangs out in the Gary Cherone chat board? They never mentioned it on their page, and I'm not on the mailing list, so could anyone clue me in as to whether that one was hearsay or not?

------------------