Page 265 of 265 FirstFirst ... 165215255262263264265
Results 3,961 to 3,963 of 3963
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

03.18.19 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 3,737 Times in 1,650 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    The only reason a story like that is written is to make the victims look like they somehow deserved what they got. It's the same sort of garbage we saw from that Australian politician who tried to pin the shooting on the victims. It's garbage and we should be better than that. 50 people were killed for the crime of praying in the wrong house of worship. I don't care if they're Muslims , Jews or Christians.
    There is always discussion when the topic is thousand year old texts and meaning plus how many use or interpret for a variety of reasons whether Koran, Bible etc... Oddly enough my studying of these texts and greatest dialogues on all the major religions and their history occurred at a Catholic university with many Jesuit priests. One the great experiences on seeing how many common threads of history and origin of differences in ritual vs faith etc...

In the context of people being slaughtered for the sole reason your god is not my god, whether Muslims in New Zealand or Christians in Nigeria, is simply not the proper context for that discussion and study. Especially when wants to promote an elevation of one or minimizing of other in the context of blood shed it tends towards being empathetic to the underlying hate. Those are seeds that pull people apart. Plenty of time for study and dialogue, while dead are being buried perhaps empathy is better reserved for those grieving and who had their lives in a second torn apart by someone else's hate.
    Last edited by Darrin Stephens; 03.18.19 at 09:47 AM.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

03.18.19 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 9,950 Times in 5,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Hate to say this but I’m grateful as I can be that more of this stuff doesn’t happen here on the 2 upper countries on the North American continent.

It’s a shame people feel the need to ice a bunch of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's happened in our nations far too often too but I think we're lucky that the scope of immigration is much lower and that helps take away opportunities for this stuff. Europe is in a far different place. Not sure there's any coming back from the mess they've made. You don't import problems from other countries and think they'll magically go away. It's just dumb policy.

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

03.18.19 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 9,950 Times in 5,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    There is always discussion when the topic is thousand year old texts and meaning plus how many use or interpret for a variety of reasons whether Koran, Bible etc... Oddly enough my studying of these texts and greatest dialogues on all the major religions and their history occurred at a Catholic university with many Jesuit priests. One the great experiences on seeing how many common threads of history and origin of differences in ritual vs faith etc...

In the context of people being slaughtered for the sole reason your god is not my god, whether Muslims in New Zealand or Christians in Nigeria, is simply not the proper context for that discussion and study. When especially wants to promote an elevation of one or minimizing of other in the context of blood shed it tends towards being empathetic to the underlying hate. Those are seeds that pull people apart. Plenty of time for study and dialogue, while dead are being buried perhaps empathy is better reserved for those grieving and who had their lives in a second torn apart by someone else's hate.
    Agreed. And the issue with those stories is their intention. It's not to learn, it's to smear. It's to victim blame. A madman murdered dozens of people because they weren't like him. That's the story. It's really rather simple. But in no time at all people on all sides need to look at the story and try to get their shitty angle. The left will blame Trump, the very left will blame Clelsea Clinton it appears, the far right will try to blame the victims' religion. I guess it's a problem with the age we live in. The news 50 years ago would have just given you the story of "madman kills 50". We could use a return to that.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post: