The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 17,678 Times in 10,026 Posts

Premium Member

Puerto Rican officials indicted in sweeping corruption probe

By Max Jaeger

July 10, 2019

Two former members of Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló’s administration were indicted Wednesday on bid-rigging and corruption charges — prompting the chair of the House committee overseeing the territory to call for the governor’s ouster, according to a report.

The arrests come just a month after Congress approved a disaster-aid bill for the island over the objections of President Trump, who said Puerto Rico’s officials are “incompetent or corrupt.”

Federal prosecutors say former education secretary Julia Keleher, former Puerto Rico Health Insurance Administration executive director Angela Avila-Marrero and four other people steered government contracts to unqualified, friendly outfits in order “to benefit and enrich themselves through fraud and the theft of government funds,” according to an indictment unsealed in US District Court for the District of Puerto Rico Wednesday.

“It was alleged that the defendants engaged in a public corruption campaign and profited at the expense of the Puerto Rican citizens and students,” Neil Sanchez, the special agent in charge of the U.S. Department of Education Office of Inspector General’s Southern Region, said Wednesday.

“This type of corruption is particularly egregious because it not only victimizes taxpayers, it victimizes those citizens and students that are in need of educational assistance.”

The six are accused of improperly diverting $15.5 million in federal funding to unqualified contractors between 2017 and 2019 — with $2.5 million passing through the insurance administration and the rest spent by the education department.

They are variously charged with wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy, according to the 32-count indictment. There was no evidence Keleher or Avila-Marrero personally benefited from the scheme. Keleher left the education department in April and Avila-Marrero departed the insurance administration in June.

Among the others arrested was Alberto Velázquez-Piñol, who allegedly took advantage of his connections to health and education honchos to secure federal contracts and illegally paid for lobbying using federal money.

Rosselló was not involved in the investigation.

But US Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva (D–Ariz.) — who chairs the Natural Resource Committee overseeing Puerto Rico — called on him to resign.

“We’ve crossed that crucible now,” he said, according to the Washington Post. “The restoration of accountability is so key going forward.”

Rosselló planned to return early from a European vacation to huddle with lawmakers.

“To maintain the trust of the people in the institutions of the government is a constant challenge that all of us who work in public service have,” he said in a statement. “That trust is torn when public officials or those related, are accused of crimes of corruption.”

Trump resisted sending aid to the island following the devastation of Hurricane Maria in 2017, arguing that it would be squandered by corrupt bureaucrats.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/puerto...ruption-probe/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Thumbs up

Published 44 mins ago

Minnesota city council reinstates Pledge of Allegiance after widespread backlash

A Minnesota city council on Monday reportedly agreed to reinstate the Pledge of Allegiance at meetings, weeks after the group sparked a widespread -- and high-reaching -- backlash by removing the pledge's recital.

Officials for St. Louis Park unanimously voted to reinstate the pledge.

“I’ve concluded that I made a mistake and I’m sorry and I’m asking for forgiveness,” city council member Steve Hallifan said at the meeting, according to FOX9.

The city council, which is in controversial Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar’s 5th congressional district, created an uproar after a June 17 unanimous vote which amended the procedural rules to cut the pledge from the start of each session. The change came as part of an effort to serve a more “diverse community," council member Tim Brausen said during the June meeting.

“We concluded that in order to create a more welcoming environment to a diverse community we’re going to forgo saying the Pledge of Allegiance before every meeting,” Brausen said.

The change soon sparked protests and criticism from people opposing the decision – and the news eventually worked its way up to President Trump.

“The Pledge of Allegiance to our great Country, in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, is under siege. That is why I am going to win the Great State of Minnesota in the 2020 Election,” Trump tweeted last week. “People are sick and tired of this stupidity and disloyalty to our wonderful USA!”

Trump has not commented since the pledge was reinstated.

At Monday’s meeting, the city council members spoke about the toll the decision -- and the reaction to it -- had taken on their mental health and productivity. Additionally, council members reported receiving threatening phone calls and emails, FOX9 reported.

Anne Mavity, the councilwoman who proposed the original measure, remained defiant -- even as she reversed her vote -- and addressed the council's critics.

“I’m not sure that if you say the pledge three times a month instead of this two, you’re more patriotic," Mavity said. "Or if you say it one time a month you’re less patriotic. That makes no sense."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota...pread-backlash

Right in Omar's district. Nice.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 25,996 Times in 13,118 Posts

Premium Member

To be honest, I don't like that either.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 1,054 Times in 661 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Modern Progressive ideology is based on the belief that America is fundamentally bad, and America can only be fixed by making it “less American”.

That truth is the belief among elite Progressives that America is fundamentally and inherently bad. According to them, America is rooted in racism, oppression, and misogyny and therefore the only solution to fix America is to make it less American. Of course, “less American” means open borders and the prioritization of illegal immigrants over American citizens. The thinking being that with an influx of non-Americans, they can dilute or wash away the “bad” Americans which are perpetuating America’s past bad deeds.

http://theculturechronicles.com/inde...less-american/
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

“F*ck Them”: Fox 10 Host Responds to Bosses Who Asked Her to Hide Her “Right-Wing” Views

Emmy Award-winning anchor faces heat for having a Parler account.

Paul Joseph Watson 16 July, 2019

A Fox 10 host in Phoenix whose bosses asked her to hide her account on “right-wing” social media platform Parler because a left-wing outlet might notice it had a terse response; “F*ck them”.

Fox 10’s Emmy Award-winning anchor Kari Lake dropped the f-bomb on camera as she was preparing to do a Facebook Live broadcast and the clip was subsequently leaked online.

The video shows her co-host John Hook suggesting that station managers wanted her to hide her Parler account because of potential bad press from left-wing outlet the Phoenix New Times.

“I think they just think it’s been branded as a far-right kind of place,” Hook said, to which Lake responded, “Jesus”.

“So they don’t want you tied in with anything like that, where you’re going to get blowback from the New Times or whoever it is,” said Hook.

“Fuck them. They’re 20-year-old dopes,” Lake responded. “That’s a rag for selling marijuana ads”.

“I know,” Hook said. “But then you’re in a position where they’ve gotta explain it or you’ve gotta explain it”.

“I’m reaching people,” Lake said.

The issue was raised after FTV Live published an article revealing that Lake maintained an account on Parler (as if this was some terribly evil deed).

After her outburst, Lake was not on air in her usual 5pm time slot. Her Parler account is still active.

https://summit.news/2019/07/16/fck-t...ht-wing-views/

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 1,054 Times in 661 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Pelosi Storms Off amid Boos from Members

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) answers questions during a press conference at the U.S. Capitol on July 11, 2019 in Washington, DC. Pelosi answered a range of questions including comments on a recent flap with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and more progressive members of the House Democratic caucus.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was booed after attempting to shame lawmakers into supporting the House Democrats’ resolution to condemn what they consider “racist” tweets from President Trump, arguing that anything less would be “a shameful abdication” of their oath of office to “protect the American people.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-boos-members/
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

08.16.19 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 125 Times in 73 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Modern Progressive ideology is based on the belief that America is fundamentally bad, and America can only be fixed by making it “less American”.

That truth is the belief among elite Progressives that America is fundamentally and inherently bad. According to them, America is rooted in racism, oppression, and misogyny and therefore the only solution to fix America is to make it less American. Of course, “less American” means open borders and the prioritization of illegal immigrants over American citizens. The thinking being that with an influx of non-Americans, they can dilute or wash away the “bad” Americans which are perpetuating America’s past bad deeds.

http://theculturechronicles.com/inde...less-american/
    This is exactly the bullshit white guilt concept Haze Guevara has been pushing on the other thread.
    Last edited by ValHallan; 07.16.19 at 01:19 PM.

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:07 PM
    Liked 4,444 Times in 2,680 Posts

Rest In Peace, *Justice* Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Online

08.17.19 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 10,497 Times in 5,760 Posts

Premium Member

I had to turn the news off. I can't handle this fucking hand in the puppet head news cycle. I'll try back on Friday.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 3,715 Times in 2,268 Posts

Premium Member

I turned off the news many years back.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:07 PM
    Liked 4,444 Times in 2,680 Posts

Default POLITICAL BLOTTER

Rush Limbaugh now days that not only is the deficit and spending not a problem, it never has been and was always a scare tactic.

Caller asked him about the $1 trillion debt this year and Limbaugh responded. “Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore. All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it's been around … How many years have people tried to scare everybody about [the deficit]? How many years, how many decades have politicians tried to scare us about the deficit, the national debt, (Sen. Jim Sasser pronunciation) ‘the dafycit,’ any number of things? Yet here we're still here, and the great jaws of the deficit have not bitten off our heads and chewed them up and spit them out.”

I guess his point of view has (conveniently) “evolved” since the last (a Democrat) Presidency, where he called Obama a “coward” without a “spine” or the “gonads” to do something about spending and the deficit (https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...the-spi/158383). Or when he had this to say after a story emerged about Obama, the responsible spender: ”They are admitting that big spending is a huge problem. In pointing to this piece, ‘Hey, it isn't me, it isn't me,’ they are admitting, they are accepting the premise, if you will, the Tea Party premise, our premise, that Obama's spending is reckless, that it's dangerous, that it is destroying the future of your kids and grandkids. That's why the Tea Party exists. People know that this is happening. They know they've never seen spending like this. They know they've never seen indebtedness racked up this fast. They know it instinctively. That's why the Tea Party came into existence.” (https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...spending_king/)

What a phony asshole.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 11,337 Times in 6,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Rush Limbaugh now days that not only is the deficit and spending not a problem, it never has been and was always a scare tactic.

Caller asked him about the $1 trillion debt this year and Limbaugh responded. “Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore. All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it's been around … How many years have people tried to scare everybody about [the deficit]? How many years, how many decades have politicians tried to scare us about the deficit, the national debt, (Sen. Jim Sasser pronunciation) ‘the dafycit,’ any number of things? Yet here we're still here, and the great jaws of the deficit have not bitten off our heads and chewed them up and spit them out.”

I guess his point of view has (conveniently) “evolved” since the last (a Democrat) Presidency, where he called Obama a “coward” without a “spine” or the “gonads” to do something about spending and the deficit (https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...the-spi/158383). Or when he had this to say after a story emerged about Obama, the responsible spender: ”They are admitting that big spending is a huge problem. In pointing to this piece, ‘Hey, it isn't me, it isn't me,’ they are admitting, they are accepting the premise, if you will, the Tea Party premise, our premise, that Obama's spending is reckless, that it's dangerous, that it is destroying the future of your kids and grandkids. That's why the Tea Party exists. People know that this is happening. They know they've never seen spending like this. They know they've never seen indebtedness racked up this fast. They know it instinctively. That's why the Tea Party came into existence.” (https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...spending_king/)

What a phony asshole.

he certainly is. the problem is that neither party cares so it's almost a non issue politically. Being a deficit hawk in America seems to make you unelectable.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Media Matters. For all the shit “one way” gets for posting from Info Wars we’re going to take Media Matters as gospel. The same outlet that has consistently been called out for cutting and pasting comments for propaganda.

If Limbaugh is actually saying this, and not being sarcastic, at least post the link to where he’s said it. That link is from 2009. Has he said this recently? And that ^^^ doesn’t say that he thinks deficits are cool and just fine.

It will be a first if Limbaugh is now pushing that deficits don’t matter. If we go by Media Matters track record, five bucks says they did their usual hi jinks with this quote.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 07.21.19 at 11:21 AM.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

08.17.19 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 11,337 Times in 6,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Media Matters. For all the shit “one way” gets for posting from Info Wars we’re going to take Media Matters as gospel. The same outlet that has consistently been called out for cutting and pasting comments for propaganda.

If Limbaugh is actually saying this, and not being sarcastic, at least post the link to where he’s said it. That link is from 2009. Has he said this recently? And that ^^^ doesn’t say that he thinks deficits are cool and just fine.

It will be a first if Limbaugh is now pushing that deficits don’t matter. If we go by Media Matters track record, five bucks says they did their usual hi jinks with this quote.
    I don't think he's saying that he thinks they don't matter, I think he's pointing out that no one seems to care. He's right on that. But the Republicans have been proven to be hypocrites on the deficit. They cried about it for 8 years and now seem just fine with it.