diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 3,445 Times in 2,098 Posts

Premium Member

Default NFL Offseason Thread

Free agents, trades,combine,draft, training camp,arrests. Whatever else you can think of goes right here. Sticky please
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 04:45 AM
    Liked 2,015 Times in 1,381 Posts

one of the big questions I'm sure is "what happens to Romo?"

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 04:13 AM
    Liked 987 Times in 631 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

What happens to the Patriots' defense?

Butler restricted. Branch, Ryan, Harmon, Hightower, and Sheard all unrestricted.

To me, Hightower is the most important. Word is they may franchise him while talking new contract. Butler they have a year to play with, and knowing them, they will.

On offense, not as bad, everyone figures Bennett will cash in on the ring and move on. Blount likely stays, he's more valuable to them than anyone else. Couldn't say about Vollmer.

A lot of talk about Garoppollo and whether they'll trade him. Some talk about Cleveland and their Philly pick at 12 for him. I would say it all depends on how the Pats view him. Doesn't really matter how good we think he is - everyone questioned the Pats when they elevated Brady to #2 his second year, but they knew he was good. If they think he's a franchise QB, can they let him go? If they aren't sure, now is the time to move him. I've heard Chicago, SF, Cleveland and one other team I can't remember are in on him, but only Cleveland is in a position to deal a 1st rounder. Timing might be an issue - Brady wants to go another 4-5 years, figure unless injury he probably has a good 3-4 years left. But at 40, you can't discount injury...

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 04:46 AM
    Liked 24,725 Times in 12,470 Posts

Premium Member

If you can get a first rounder for Garoppollo, take it.

Though, they might need to keep him if Brady switches leagues.

If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

Throwback Thursday

Sorry Kenny Easley this guy comes first.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

It will be like Kenny Stabler, he'll have to die to get in.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

The NFL hall of very good is huge. I agree that lack of stats for offensive lineman plays a big part. There is also a factor in football that you can not apply to statistics. Its a strange game in that respect. The ultimate team sport where unskilled guys throwing their body around can make a difference.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 6,160 Times in 3,183 Posts

I am at ground zero for the favorite for Jimmy G and its definitely not happening for a 1st. Also I highly doubt anybody is giving up a 1st for him this year. Only chance if somebody trades down to the 20's or something like that. This is all media driven. Cleveland in fact wants Tyrod Taylor if he gets released. Just hired his former QB coach yesterday. Jimmy G is a possibility but definitely not for #12

Plus when you look at other teams, nobody is giving the Pats a 1st for him this year. 49'ers are not giving up the 2nd pick of the draft for him. True Shanny had him as his number 2 QB in the draft when he came out but not going to start off his era by getting rid of that pick. Bears have a former Brady backup in Brian Hoyer who did well. Not giving up #3 for another backup. Jets are not trading with the Pats. Same for Buffalo if they get rid of Tyrod.

So who is left in the 1st? Maybe Arizona? However that depends on Palmer. Everybody else above them have a Franchise QB or somebody proven and better than Jimmy G.

Anyway just what I am hearing locally from people who know people. Not the media, Anyway if he gets traded it will be for probably a 2nd or two 2nd's

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 2,887 Times in 1,976 Posts

Raiders need to continue to build this off season so they can try and take the next step. Possibly another LB and Def Lineman in the draft. More depth in the secondary as well. Almost every mock draft has them going DEFENSE early.

They could go Free Agent or Mid round pick at RB if Latavius Murray leaves.

++++++++

As for the 49ers....

They have to keep that 1st round pick (#2 overall). Fuck no on trading for a QB. They are still 2+ years away from contending. They need to rebuild the entire team with Smart Drafting.

A few 2017 Mock drafts have the 49ers going for a Def Lineman in the 1st round (Garrett or Allen). A few including Todd McShay's 2.0 at ESPN have them taking QB Deshaun Watson (Clemson).

I still say NO on a QB this early in the rebuild.

TANK, TANK , TANK in 2017! Get another top pick the following year.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I am at ground zero for the favorite for Jimmy G and its definitely not happening for a 1st. Also I highly doubt anybody is giving up a 1st for him this year. Only chance if somebody trades down to the 20's or something like that. This is all media driven. Cleveland in fact wants Tyrod Taylor if he gets released. Just hired his former QB coach yesterday. Jimmy G is a possibility but definitely not for #12

Plus when you look at other teams, nobody is giving the Pats a 1st for him this year. 49'ers are not giving up the 2nd pick of the draft for him. True Shanny had him as his number 2 QB in the draft when he came out but not going to start off his era by getting rid of that pick. Bears have a former Brady backup in Brian Hoyer who did well. Not giving up #3 for another backup. Jets are not trading with the Pats. Same for Buffalo if they get rid of Tyrod.

So who is left in the 1st? Maybe Arizona? However that depends on Palmer. Everybody else above them have a Franchise QB or somebody proven and better than Jimmy G.

Anyway just what I am hearing locally from people who know people. Not the media, Anyway if he gets traded it will be for probably a 2nd or two 2nd's
    Tyrod blows.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Compared to RGIII and Cody Kessler he's Johnny Unitas.

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 1,045 Times in 552 Posts

Hanging with Belichick before this past season. I asked him to please win at least one more Super Bowl just to put the deflategate nonsense to bed once and for all. He laughed but apparently listened.

VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

04.23.19 @ 04:13 AM
    Liked 987 Times in 631 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post

I don't disagree with any of that. I didn't really elaborate much with my post. The Cleveland #12 talk was similar to what you said from the standpoint that they're the only team who COULD give up a 1, the others are way too high for Jimmy G. Even the 12 might be, sure. But it's their second pick, so at least they could. That was the point. No way someone gives up a top 10 for him. Probably not even a top 20. I think the conversation was more about these teams are interested, what could the package be, and would the Pats go for it. Nobody really knows jack shit, the Pats don't talk. It all depends whether the Pats really think he's "the guy" or not. And won't really have any idea until after a deal is made based on what they take for him. And if a deal ISN'T made, then you can probably be sure that Cleveland should have given up the #12 pick, LOL.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 2,887 Times in 1,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Hanging with Belichick before this past season. I asked him to please win at least one more Super Bowl just to put the deflategate nonsense to bed once and for all. He laughed but apparently listened.

Cool pic!

Hey is that a Bud Light or a Sam Adams in your hand? You need to up your Massachusetts beer game!!

Trillium Brewery in Boston is one of the hottest Breweries in the United States. They are in Fort Point (Boston) and a 2nd location in Canton. http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/ https://www.instagram.com/trilliumbrewing/

Also if you are ever out by Monson off I-90, try Treehouse. They are now known nationwide as well. http://treehousebrew.com/

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It will be like Kenny Stabler, he'll have to die to get in.
    Yeah Kenny was number one on that list for years too. Now its Jerry. Not a good list to be on.