Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 27,984 Times in 14,158 Posts

Default US Senators: Russia should be sanctioned for election hacks

I love our arrogance as Americans.

We try to affect elections all over the globe, including Russia's, but we believe others returning it in kind should be sanctioned.

Just a thought, maybe we shouldn't interfere with other countries elections and then maybe they will leave ours alone.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cks/ar-BBxGdn3
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

2. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

01.21.20 @ 08:54 PM
    Liked 1,291 Times in 714 Posts

"My hypocrisy knows no bounds, Wyatt. .."
    One of the greatest lines in cinema history and so true to life. We directly attempted to buy Israel's election without even trying to disguise it now the libtards are up in arms about "influence" in ours? This administration is nothing but sanctimonious scum.

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,341 Times in 4,218 Posts

Donor

What's funny is it's ok when we meddle in other elections. Like oh I don't know, Israel.

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 2,036 Times in 1,094 Posts

Premium Member

The media loves to mince words but to be clear, the hacks were timed to influence the electorate and the campaign. The election itself was not tampered with or hacked.

So when the New York Times leaked what was presumably an illegally garnered copy of a 1998 Trump tax return was that “tampering with the election" too?
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 18,085 Times in 9,615 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    The media loves to mince words but to be clear, the hacks were timed to influence the electorate and the campaign. The election itself was not tampered with or hacked.

So when the New York Times leaked what was presumably an illegally garnered copy of a 1998 Trump tax return was that “tampering with the election" too?
    Nope. That wasn't "tampering" - that was "educating" the public.

When lefties do it it's "educating." When anyone else does it it's "tampering."

Hope that clears it up.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    What's funny is it's ok when we meddle in other elections. Like oh I don't know, Israel.
    Russia comes to mind as well. Don't know where Russia would get the idea to meddle in another country's election....
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Eruption
    Last Online

02.12.20 @ 09:27 AM
    Liked 107 Times in 91 Posts

I've been holding back and never commenting on this area. I've been saving things for a post-mortem I'm planning, called "Fear and Loathing in Trumpland." I'd hoped to have it ready by inauguration day, but direct action has taken precedence. I will finish it, and when it's done, I will release here in Political Underground. I know, that as the vast majority of you all on this site are of conservative or libertarian beliefs, you will not agree with me, a center-left registered Democrat, in the slightest. But I am not afraid to let it all be known. However, this particular thread has encouraged me to leak some of what that piece will say, albeit in a different written form than what will appear below.

Vladimir Putin directly encouraged an act of espionage with his intelligence experts in order to prop up the individual that he expressly desired to become president. Donald Trump is a cowering, simpering bully, a sullen teenager or spoiled toddler in the body of a 70-year-old man, as especially proven by his Twitter temper tantrums where he has a vocabulary that is so limited and an intelligence level so shockingly low, that he makes George W. Bush and his hilarious unintentional mangling of syntax look like a Rhodes scholar. Trump is a narcissist par excellence with skin made of rice paper that lashes out at anything remotely resembling a criticism. This man, with his cavalier attitude to nuclear proliferation, praising a dictator who has journalists murdered, and tendency to continually change his statements and opinions every day, has no diplomatic skill, and is a perfectly malleable piece of clay for Putin to work with. Trump obviously won't know that he's the leader of what will eventually become a Russian puppet state, because he lacks the capacity to grasp ideas that can't be distilled into 140 characters or less.

The hacking into DNC servers and John Podesta's email account is nothing less than a felony, an act of espionage, and if Trump's campaign knew what was to happen (as indicated by the comments of Roger Stone, who admitted he had communications with the far-left's favorite professional pimp and secret authoritarian, Julian Assange, as well as Rudy "a verb, a noun and 9/11" Giuliani commenting that Podesta didn't know what would hit him a month before those emails were released), an act of treason, the only crime spelled out in the Constitution and punishable by death. An act, that if it were the case, would render Trump as illegitimate and having stolen the election, even without any actual voting data deleted or manipulated. The full extent of the story must be known and investigated in order to determine the truth. Bear in mind, if the opposite were true, and it looked as though a Hillary Clinton victory was brought about by Russian espionage, I still would be calling for a full investigation, as the Republicans and Trump supporters unanimously would've have done, to the point of actual street warfare and media blitzes by the likes of Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, iHeartRadio and the Koch Brothers.

The mainstream media has been largely passive and silent about the issue, focusing on Trump's transition or his meeting with Kanye. But so it has been through the election. The media is owned by corporate backers like Comcast and Time Warner, and they determine how coverage will play out. For example, no NBC subsidiary, not even MSNBC, covered the net neutrality debate to any meaningful measure, to discuss what the effects of discarding it would be. In an age of sound bites and clickbait, the narrative was formed early on, and they stuck to it through the entire campaign: Trump is "controversial", a "populist" whose "unexpected rise" is quite "compelling." Hillary is "embroiled in scandal", acting "in bad faith" until proven otherwise, "disingenuous" and "disconnected", and whose flaws are "equal to Trump." Not a single day went by without some news source coming out with a negative article or piece on Hillary. Compare that to the glowing attention Trump received, broken temporarily by the Access Hollywood video and the investigative efforts of Newsweek's Kurt Eichenwald and the Washington Post's David Farenthold, but then broken by James Comey's look into duplicates of Hillary emails on pervert Anthony Weiner's computer. Simply put, the press has carried water for Trump, been lapdogs eager to get access to him, and boost their ratings. As Leslie Moonves said, "Trump may not be good for the country, but he's damn good for CBS." History repeats itself. George W. Bush was called an "authentic man of the people", a "compassionate conservative" and "the guy you want to have an O'Doul's with." Al Gore was a "calculated phony", a "pathological liar" (used by bastardizing phrases he stated to change the context. NO, he did not claim to have invented the Internet, he awkwardly stated that he sponsored funding bills that helped bring it into fruition. But I'll talk more about that and the other "lies" in the full piece), an "arrogant elitist" castigated for "sighing" during a debate. Under Bush's administration, the press became a parade of fluff pieces in exchange for access, eagerly accepting what Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz and Donald Rumsfeld fed them (Judith Miller et al.) and those who dared speak out were punished (the Valerie Plame affair). Under Trump, the disinformation will reach new heights, especially with Breitbart being given permanent press credentials and Trump using Facebook to broadcast directly. Truly, Big Brother has arrived.

In any other nation, when an election is contested to this extent, the results would be rendered null and void, and a revote would be called for. Of course the response will be "but the Constitution doesn't allow that! Besides, our traditions and institutions are built to prevent that. We're not like the Balkans or Northern Ireland!" That has been a pipe dream, as America is not exempt from the lessons of history or the forces of the world. Besides, when the traditions lead to situations like this, and the installation of such an incompetent, arrogant, misogynistic, xenophobic and unqualified individual as this one, the traditions have already been corrupted and cannot hold. Besides, when Trump discards traditions concerning releasing tax and health records and divesting himself of his businesses, why bother any longer?

BTW, the what the New York Times did was in the tradition of what Woodward and Bernstein did with Watergate. Someone got the info and gave it to them, knowing it was an important story that must be told. By the standards here, they would be traitors and criminals, I suppose.
    Last edited by Toxic34; 12.29.16 at 10:58 AM.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 11:38 AM
    Liked 19,978 Times in 11,482 Posts

Sooo, hate to burst your bubble after all that effort, 95% of what you wrote has been already brought up and argued in this forum. You can also bring things up for a discussion. You don't have to write it all out in a super long post. Nothing wrong with it if you want to do that, of course.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I hear what you are saying, but if I might offer a few counterpoints for discussion.

Tax returns contain private information of not just the individual, but his or her family as well. That is why the unauthorized publication of that information is a felony, and the decision maker at the NYT that made the decision to publish it should be in prison.

"It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution."

The law is clear, you can't do it.

I also have a hard time buying the general theme of your 4th paragraph of media bias. I'm sorry, as someone who considers himself an Independent and is one of the so often spoken of white males that voted for Barack Obama but not Hillary, I don't see it. The media fawned over Hillary during this entire process and she was anointed President by most major news outlets. Yes, they gave coverage to Trump, but mostly to laugh and make fun of him.

Is he everything you state? Incompetent? Who knows, our current President had zero experience worthy of being President, and he got a 2nd term. Misogynistic? Yep. Not disqualifying for President, especially considering 42% of American women voted for him. Xenophobic? I don't think so, he has already backed off of everything he said in the general election in that regard, he knew what buttons to push and he pushed them. Unqualified? Yes. But so was Barack Obama, so was George W. Bush, and they both won two terms, so that doesn't really matter either.

And yes, Russia hacked the United States. They hack us every day. So does China. Guess what? We hack them too. This is selective outrage. They have done a lot more to the United States than hack John Podesta's emails, hell, they've hacked the NSA and caused shut downs of our entire military network. Until some kind of proof can be delivered that actually shows a direct link in which Trump aided in the DNC hacking, it doesn't matter. It's hypocritical of any of us as Americans to complain about it, as our government does it to other countries all the time. We tried our best to influence the 2011 Russian election, and now we are surprised that Russia and Putin got some bit of revenge against Hillary and the Obama administration? That's naive.

To me, this election was not about Trump, it was a repudiation of Hillary Clinton and an Obama third term. She ran a crappy campaign. The private server was stupid. Lying about it was stupid. Deleting the emails before submitting her server as part of subpoena was stupid. The DNC colluding with her campaign to eliminate Bernie Sanders was stupid. John Podesta putting plants within the Catholic Church and at Trump rally's, and then talking about it in emails after his bosses emails all just came to light is beyond fucking stupid. Ignoring the campaign advice of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, two Democrats that have won four Presidential elections between them was stupid.

I could go on. She ran one of the worst political campaigns in modern history (along with Al Gore), and you can tell how frustrated her own staff were with her by Podesta's emails.

You run bad campaigns, you lose elections. I believe it is way too simplistic to just blame this on Russia, especially when we are guilty of doing it ourselves multiple times.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Man, right now is a perfect time for a lovemachine post.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

SMH

Thu Dec 29, 2016 | 2:58 PM EST
    U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14I1TY

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Well, if they are intimidating US officials in Russia, this is an adequate level response. However, the timing of it is a little suspect due to recent banter back and forth, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that this was not warranted and political only.

Maybe the best way to describe it would be "warranted, but usually overlooked, except when needed to make a political point".

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Well, if they are intimidating US officials in Russia, this is an adequate level response. However, the timing of it is a little suspect due to recent banter back and forth, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that this was not warranted and political only.

Maybe the best way to describe it would be "warranted, but usually overlooked, except when needed to make a political point".
    Definitely suspect. Russia hacked the NSA and they don't pull this. Hack the DNC (a private non government organization ) and they lose their shit? LMAO

I imagine that doing this two hours before the Syrian cease fire goes into effect was also timed political maneuver.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 4,233 Times in 2,589 Posts

Premium Member

I don't like the Russian leaders. I don't like Obama. Trump needs to prove to me he is the real deal. Whats next for lame ducker BO to go on TV and announce the election null and void then enact martial law? He would probably do it but he knows the military which he has eviscerated would turn on him in a minute.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 10:49 AM
    Liked 1,513 Times in 920 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    SMH

Thu Dec 29, 2016 | 2:58 PM EST
    U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds: official

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14I1TY
    In all reality--this is Obummer covering for Billary's loss in the election.
    It is an attempt to fool the American People and more Soros manipulation.
    After all WE THE PEOPLE have seen from the Obummer camp--how in the Hell can anyone trust or believe what any current government agency claims to be true? They have been proven to be out right liars just like the MSM !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”