Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

any 1 that involves the org. 4
    Favorite VH Song

Same as above
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

o.k., I think alot of things may be getting over looked with everything that's happening in VH land. Here are a few pointers that everybody needs to take another look at. 1st, we hear that the only way that Sammy would do "ANYTHING" VH related, it would involve a joint singer tour. Then, without any warning, VH splits with WB. Brad states, without any further explanation, that "THIS" is good news(if I'm not mistaken) . Then, while all this is taking place, we all are talking about DLR, and how much one should be paid for the(or any) reunion. We also start to first hear, then see alot of DLR around(PR move?). Remember, as we've all said, any PR, is good PR. Now, evrybody asking why?, and what answers for the desicion. With no "Official" response from the VH camp, people start getting disgruntled and start demanding explanations. While we're still trying to figure out even if VH "HAS" a singer, people start saying that they(DLR n' VH)tryed it, it didn't work out, they're all done! One thing people need to remember, DLR has "NEVER" been at a loss for words when it has come to his career. The point here is, in my opion, "IF" he(DLR) really has nothing to do with VH, he wouldn't have any problems telling his fans. Unless there is in fact some type of gag order on both camps. That would also explain the answers we get from Brad saying, "if they could say something, they would". Or, as another opinion, maybe there is already an agreement with the guys, and they CAN'T(for legal reasons)say anything, for reasons of being sued by WB or Ray for dealing outside of contract agreements. Then there comes the first speculative rumor, now confirmed, of what, "LET'S FACE IT FOLKS", NO ONE would have thought EVER possible! the making of friendship, and "TOURING" of DLR and Sammy . One can only imagine what type of tour, or party, this thing will create [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] So, as I've babbled on about the obvious things that we already know. I just want you to take another look at things and realize, there is a lot of evidence that points right straight at a VH reunion, with "BOTH" singers folks! To sum it up for EVH's situation, I think that DLR and Sammy are well aware of what he's doing. It wouldn't surprise me if they both actually helped him out with the direction in getting total control of this SHIP, just before it sets sail [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] . Let's face it, you'd want all YOUR ducks in a row before you tackled something this BIG [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] . That being said, look at one common thing shaping up, right in front of our eyes. The big tour is set to OFFICIALLY be announced sometime next week. There is also supposed to be OFFICIAL being available "SOMETIME" next week on the VH website. Getting the association of things happening yet [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] . SO, I SAY WE ALL JUST KICK BACK WITH A BEER, CRANK THE VH ON THE STEREO, AND GET READY FOR THE BEST FUCKING SHOW TO "EVER" HIT A ROCK N' ROLL STAGE! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    BRING ON THE MIGHTY VH!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you made some real good points, but where did you hear that there was to be some kind of word at the vh site?
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 970 Times in 390 Posts

i admire your enthusiasm, however...

this gag order thing has to go. it's a lame excuse at believing vh is up to something. dave is quiet because he wants back in vh. he knows if he shoots his mouth off his chances are done. no one has heard from ed or vh because they have jack shit to tell us.

i agree that all the pieces are in place for a reunion tour with both singers, but i don't see it happening

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by joe318:
    you made some real good points, but where did you hear that there was to be some kind of word at the vh site?
    prolly all the legal mumbo jumbo ed's lawyers are doin

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

all accept vh3
    Favorite VH Song

all accept vh3
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would love to see this happen,and it very well could happen.if you think about it this would be one hell of a blind side wouldnt it?
    "CANT CROW BEFORE I'M OUTTA THE WOODS BUT THERES EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one
    Last Online

08.20.08 @ 02:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree that all the pieces are in place for a reunion tour with both singers, but i don't see it happening

JMJ

I agree with you, J. This is easily a case of wishful thinking. EVH has been adamant for some time now to reduce himself to nothing more than a bitter old man. The fact that there's a PROPOSED Sam/Dave tour doesn't mean a hill of beans to Edward. If anything at all, when EVH learned about Sammy and Dave getting together for a tour, he probably gave his trademark smirk, and cursed them for traitors.
    The recent actions EVH has taken via his legal representation do not equate to his planning "something big". It simply means that he's trying to preserve his legacy. Why? Because it's all over and he HATES his fans enough to leave them hanging in the wind for ever. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Jim Bailes

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Same as above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    i admire your enthusiasm, however...

this gag order thing has to go. it's a lame excuse at believing vh is up to something. dave is quiet because he wants back in vh. he knows if he shoots his mouth off his chances are done. no one has heard from ed or vh because they have jack shit to tell us.

JMJ
    We all know that Dave would like to be back in VH, but I don't see him begging to get back. I see them all just maturing(in a figure of speech) to be able to swallow their pride, everyone of them, and just trying to give "ALL" the VH fans their ultimate dream and going out with one last HUGE bang! Just because we don't hear, or see things happening right in front of our eyes, the behind the scene things I mean, doesn't mean they haven't been doing things. It just doesn't happen over night by any means. Like with what EVH is doing right now with this copy right thing. Those of you that are wise to the legal mumbo jumbo, know how things can get tied up for a long time in the legal system shit! I'm going to put myslef out on the line and say(in my opinion only), that I think that we are going to hear alot more other than just the tour info on DLR/Sammy within the next few weeks. Nothing known about nothing behind the scenes here, but just my own hunch. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But I don't think that I will be. Something's brewing, something "REAL" big! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

the only thing brewing is the beer i'm gonna slam tonight. 2002 is gonna be another washout and i think we all know that

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.21.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree......2002 = washout! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    "I don't need no stinking click"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You know, I think Mushroom Man plans things like this on purpose. Think about it.

The Sam & Dave tour is supposed to have tour date announcements next week.

Brad drops that there will be some kind of update next week to put info on the liscensing thing online.

Now, honestly, if the guy didn't love getting our panties in a wad would he purposely put all these coincidences out there to try and trick people into thinking something REAL is forthcoming? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Now lets say there ARE legal reasons behind no talk from the VH Camp for a second.

and due to whatever reasons under the separation agreement with WB, that they can't use the name Van Halen for a specific period of time or release anything under the name Van Halen either.

Then they go out with the "Sam & Dave Tour" and have Eddie, Alex & Mike as the back-up band.

I know I know I'm reaching for the moon here. But its all possible I guess.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Even though everything here makes sence (putting pieces together) I do have to wonder if it is yet again fans 'reaching' for good news on VH.

I think that 'something' is going to happen, and this is why:

I know that some people here will take this as a slam, but really I can't see 'Sam & Dave' filling 18,000 seat venues. Neither has even done that on there own on their tours in the last few years. Fact they are together will be more of a draw, but not that much.

A side thing here...what I would like to know is what are they going to play on this tour? Anybody know? Any info on that slip out? Are they gonna be a two in one cover band thing with DLR playing his era of VH and Sammy doing his era?
    Not sure what I would think of that, I think it would be kinda weird actually. Also, is there any official word on weather they are using their own respective bands, or is there just one band? I know I am asking a lot of questions here.

All these 'pieces' people are putting together here don't realy satisfy me as a lot can be wishful thinking, as always with a VH fan. But what leads me to think that this could in fact be a VH tour with both singers is that really that is the only way (in my opinion) 18,000 seat venues could be filled.

Another reason is that Sammy is the one who mentioned this in the first place a few years ago, a Sam & Dave tour with VH. What other reason would he have to do this otherwise? Or Dave for that matter? Another question I have (to speculate for fun) is who do you think initiated this, Dave or Sam?

Now, to do my own 'reaching' for answers I will say that if it is indeed a reunion tour with both singers the trademarking and legal stuff going on right now makes absolute sence because this would be a killer cash cow. This will appeal to ALL VH fans, and I would also say further that it would be (in my opinion) the last VH tour...is only way to go out.

A tour with both singers would be about the only thing making this long wait worth it, in my opinion. Sorry to be so long folks. Guess a lot of answers will come next week.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since it looks like DLR and Sammy ARE going on tour together, I think EVH and his lawyers are trying to prevent any kind of visual connection (logos/stripes) to these 2 singers and Van Halen.

Dave and Sammy might not want to use them, but I bet the advertisers/promoters would.

[ April 13, 2002 at 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Fast Eddie ]</p>
    Fast Eddie

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think Ed and Al will be involved in this. It reeks too much of nostalgia and if they have new music recorded, they would want to release it.

All we are gonna get is Dave's band and Sam's band with hopefully an appearance from Mike. If Mike gets along with Dave, the confusion will be higher and the blame factor on the brothers will be stronger.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Same as above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now, to do my own 'reaching' for answers I will say that if it is indeed a reunion tour with both singers the trademarking and legal stuff going on right now makes absolute sence because this would be a killer cash cow. This will appeal to ALL VH fans, and I would also say further that it would be (in my opinion) the last VH tour...is only way to go out.

"THIS" is exactly what I am talking about! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

That is what I'm thinking that all this recent stuff is setting the stage for!

Bring it on............

BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    BRING ON THE MIGHTY VH!!!