Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 207 of 721 FirstFirst ... 107157197204205206207208209210217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 10803
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

06.12.17 @ 09:40 AM
    Liked 73 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Thanks for posting. My computer just melted....
    That is just insane. Pure adrenaline. Part of what makes us batsh*t crazy about this band is clips like this. We all know they have a "Live at Leeds" in their vaults, but we get Tokyo or RHRN. There is just no comparison. I love this show, talk about a band at the peak of their powers.

2. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

DTNA, 5150
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 02:38 AM
    Liked 113 Times in 74 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post

Oh, and I should mention… the best place to talk Van Halen on the Internet in 1995? The VHML! Anyone here remember that?

The UNCD's!!!!!
    It's 5150 time!

4. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

09.14.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 700 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by vcooper3 View Post
    There were reviews on both side of the spectrum in 2015, to include this one from Dallas:

Roth's act might get old after a while, but so can the rest of the band's shows without him.

That's the thing: For all the singers Van Halen has gone through — including the inferior Sammy Hagar and the forgettable Gary Cherone — they need Roth, just as he needs them. Eddie's guitar playing, though nothing short of innovative, is so off-the-wall that this band could never play it straight. Somehow Roth makes it all make sense. It was apt, then, that when the band returned for "You Really Got Me" Eddie became young again, dropping to the ground at Roth's feet and shredding away like it was 1984 all over again.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/...t-gexa-7626069
    First I'm glad Roth received some good reviews. I'm glad he has good moments and fans enjoy VH. It's NOT like I would be pleased if everywhere and everyone trashed Roth and VH!

Sadly though there were far to many poor reviews that consistently cited the same poor/awful reviews of Roth's current performing. No band should be pleased with approx. 40% plus poor reviews of the singer. No I didn't count, but it actually even seems higher than my cited 40%.

Completely disagree wholeheartedly that the act would get old with the band just playing! Man could you imagine the awesomeness of seeing Eddie do a tour just f*cking jamming with Alex, wolf, and surprise guests? I don't think the crowd would all be yawn... were is Roth. Nor would they be yawn... where is Sammy.

Inferior sammy? lol. The guys a great front man. Successful before VH, with VH, and after VH. Sammy's solo career very much more successful than Dave solo overall. Oh by the way did you ever catch Dave's Vegas act run? Sammy has vocals and sings very well. Sammy is a musician and plays very good guitar. Yeah Dave writes better lyrics consistently I know. I don't see inferiority in Sammy Hagar. Both have very strong points and some weaknesses, just like everybody does.

Remember the Sam Vs. Dave tour? Many many many people never thought Sammy was the inferior one.

Have you watched David Lee Roth's No Holds Bar-B-que?

Eddies guitar playing is so off the wall they need Roth to bring it together for it to make sense? Who, what? Where? How? Are you drunk when you posted that?
    Last edited by 5150u812; 01.11.17 at 08:48 AM.

Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 08:57 PM
    Liked 4,994 Times in 2,362 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150u812 View Post
    First I'm glad Roth received some good reviews. I'm glad he has good moments and fans enjoy VH. It's NOT like I would be pleased if everywhere and everyone trashed Roth and VH!

Sadly though there were far to many poor reviews that consistently cited the same poor/awful reviews of Roth's current performing. No band should be pleased with approx. 40% plus poor reviews of the singer. No I didn't count, but it actually even seems higher than my cited 40%.

Someone here has tallied the 2015 reviews. It wasn't 40% bad...but there are plenty sure. Yes Dave at 60+ years old is no longer the rock god he was in his prime... shocker.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 06:48 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 281 Posts

While the reason for debate is natural, the lengths that it goes to on this site is ridiculous. What is going to come of debating this all these years. Anytime I see a thread evolve into a Sam vs. Dave debate I immediately lose interest. Especially since I am a fan of all era's of the band end can recognize all the positive and negative attributes of all that have been in the band.

STOP THE MADNESS!!
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    Someone here has tallied the 2015 reviews. It wasn't 40% bad...but there are plenty sure. Yes Dave at 60+ years old is no longer the rock god he was in his prime... shocker.
    Well my math has already been called into question this thread

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    While the reason for debate is natural, the lengths that it goes to on this site is ridiculous. What is going to come of debating this all these years. Anytime I see a thread evolve into a Sam vs. Dave debate I immediately lose interest. Especially since I am a fan of all era's of the band end can recognize all the positive and negative attributes of all that have been in the band.

STOP THE MADNESS!!
    Part of the magic of VH is they have had so many moments of greatness over a long period of time. It is a tesitmate to there greatness that people feel so passionate in their feelings/opinions about the mighty Van Halen.

Embrace the banter for its entertainment value as no matter what is said, we all have something in common, we love Van Halen.

13. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

09.24.17 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 1,007 Times in 525 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post

STOP THE MADNESS!!
    If you're not going to use your stick to beat the dead horse then hand it off to someone else. I'm sure somebody would be more than happy to double down.

15. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.19.17 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    Everything we post here is subjective. Except certain CVH fans don't realize that.

And no way. Hagar is way better live.
    I am a much bigger fan of the Dave era, but like the Sammy era as well. Sammy is a better live singer, Dave is a better live performer. The band played music that I liked better during the Dave era so that era wins for me live and on record.

I just wish Sammy had been given the quality of music to work with that Dave was given. That would make it a better (and possibly more fair) argument. By 1986 Eddie had veered off track with the synths so Sammy wasn't working with the same type of music that Dave was given. The 80's style production of 5150 and OU812 also hinder the product, because I love most of the songs on those two albums, but the sound quality is subpar...especially on OU812. That handicaps the Van Hagar era more than it just being Sammy vs Dave.

I have seen the band 11 times since 1992 (7 with Hagar, 1 with Cherone and 3 with Roth) and oddly enough I'd say the best live performance I ever saw from the band was the one time with Cherone.

I would have had 4 shows with Roth but they never rescheduled the Knoxville show where I had front row tickets from a couple of years ago. Still upset about that one.

If you thought people being upset about groupons being available to the last VH tour, I'm afraid a future tour with Sammy could be the same in many markets without a new album and a lot of publicity behind it.
    Last edited by RKVH5150; 01.11.17 at 09:29 AM.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.19.17 @ 07:33 AM
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rvk5150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post

Oh, and I should mention… the best place to talk Van Halen on the Internet in 1995? The VHML! Anyone here remember that?

The UNCD's!!!!!
    I had those. Weren't they like $30 for 4 CD's?

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RKVH5150 View Post
    I am a much bigger fan of the Dave era, but like the Sammy era as well. Sammy is a better live singer, Dave is a better live performer. The band played music that I liked better during the Dave era so that era wins for me live and on record.

I just wish Sammy had been given the quality of music to work with that Dave was given. That would make it a better (and possibly more fair) argument. By 1986 Eddie had veered off track with the synths so Sammy wasn't working with the same type of music that Dave was given. That handicaps the Van Hagar era more than it just being Sammy vs Dave.
    Yea!!!! We get to blame Eddie Van Halen for the inferiority of SVH. See it's not Sammy's fault! Dammit... Eddie didn't write ATBL, DOA, In a Simple Rhyme, Mean Street, Little Guitars, and Panama, in 1985-1995. Now I'm annoyed that Eddie handicapped Sammy. It's bullshit!

See myself, CaboChris, vh1988 should all be pissed at Eddie for giving Dave more of his creative genius.

Last Online

Premium Member

I just wish Sammy had been given the quality of music to work with that Dave was given. That would make it a better (and possibly more fair) argument. By 1986 Eddie had veered off track with the synths so Sammy wasn't working with the same type of music that Dave was given. The 80's style production of 5150 and OU812 also hinder the product, because I love most of the songs on those two albums, but the sound quality is subpar...especially on OU812. That handicaps the Van Hagar era more than it just being Sammy vs Dave.

I have seen the band 11 times since 1992 (7 with Hagar, 1 with Cherone and 3 with Roth) and oddly enough I'd say the best live performance I ever saw from the band was the one time with Cherone.

I would have had 4 shows with Roth but they never rescheduled the Knoxville show where I had front row tickets from a couple of years ago. Still upset about that one.

If you thought people being upset about groupons being available to the last VH tour, I'm afraid a future tour with Sammy could be the same in many markets without a new album and a lot of publicity behind it.
    You lost me at SVH being handicapped.

You lost me at the best live VH show being with Cherone.

Sad to see VH tickets dirt cheap on Groupon though. I think they had the lawn seats in Phoenix for $5.00. Would have cost more to park.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

09.14.17 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Part of the magic of VH is they have had so many moments of greatness over a long period of time. It is a tesitmate to there greatness that people feel so passionate in their feelings/opinions about the mighty Van Halen.

Embrace the banter for its entertainment value as no matter what is said, we all have something in common, we love Van Halen.
    The Sam vs. Dave debate is old, boring, and nothing new ever comes out of it. Time for another one of Coulda's top ten lists.

23. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 2,805 Times in 1,214 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Also...

Does anyone remember the MEGADETH, ARIZONA website????

That had to be the first music site I remember. 1994

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...nWa0Il8JA.jpeg

http://i1.wp.com/www.metalinjection....97-1.jpg?w=604
    Holy shit. Dude, I got chills seeing that. Talk about dusting off the cobwebs!

Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 08:57 PM
    Liked 4,994 Times in 2,362 Posts

well like I always say...
    1. this is never just arguing about the singer. Most prefer the music, the overall package of one band vs. the other. Making about the singer is short sighted.
    2. Part of Sam/Halen's status is not their fault at all, but a sign of the times, the mid-80's. The production/sounds of the time and what was popular can lessen those records to a degree, not to mention ballads were all the rage.

The truthful part that sorta sucks... Let's take the 5 most popular songs from each era. They are all overplayed radio hits, but Era1 certainly has mostly rocking legendary tunes (well Jump, then RWTD, ATBL, Panama, HFT). The 5 most popular from Sam's era are most likely all ballad type songs (WCTBL, Dreams, LWI, Right Now... maybe Poundcake if you're lucky). But we know there were a good chunk of cool rocking tunes still.

Yea!!!! We get to blame Eddie Van Halen for the inferiority of SVH. See it's not Sammy's fault! Dammit... Eddie didn't write ATBL, DOA, In a Simple Rhyme, Mean Street, Little Guitars, and Panama, in 1985-1995. Now I'm annoyed that Eddie handicapped Sammy. It's bullshit!

See myself, CaboChris, vh1988 should all be pissed at Eddie for giving Dave more of his creative genius.

I never blame Sammy...well except for his inferior lyrics

26. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: