Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 849 of 875 FirstFirst ... 349749799839846847848849850851852859 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 13121
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Rush is retired. They will not be touring again. Is this email from 2015 then?
    Was wondering the same thing.
    Last edited by CaboChris; 12.07.17 at 03:44 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    Yes. Last tour's rumor from DD.
    Dude...I thought that was a contact YOU had now.

That wasn't made very clear.

So again...back to square one. Oy vey...

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:33 AM
    Liked 2,074 Times in 672 Posts

Re read it...
    It was very clear.

I posted it before in this same thread.

It clearly states 2015.

Point being...there's plenty of time.
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Ok. Well mid December is around the corner. Maybe DD should email this guy and see what's up because as it stands now...nobody's got a clue and the debut anniversary day is fast approaching.

I do not believe VH can be THIS secretive. If so, they are the most powerful band in the biz or people are dealthy afraid of Ed's wrath.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    Re read it...
    It was very clear.

I posted it before in this same thread.

It clearly states 2015.

Point being...there's plenty of time.
    Umm..not really. VS by his question to you wasn't so clear.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 41 Times in 12 Posts

Ok I listened to the whole Van Helen catalog on Spotify over the past few days.
    I must have never listen to the whole VH III album before. I knew a couple of songs but that album is really bad!
    I mean REALLY bad.
    Most songs aren't even recognizable as Van Halen's sound.
    Maybe I have listened to it in the past and buried it in my mind because it was so bad!

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Liked 11,730 Times in 6,499 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcstravi View Post
    Ok I listened to the whole Van Helen catalog on Spotify over the past few days.
    I must have never listen to the whole VH III album before. I knew a couple of songs but that album is really bad!
    I mean REALLY bad.
    Most songs aren't even recognizable as Van Halen's sound.
    Maybe I have listened to it in the past and buried it in my mind because it was so bad!
    But did you like it?

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Ok. Well mid December is around the corner. Maybe DD should email this guy and see what's up because as it stands now...nobody's got a clue and the debut anniversary day is fast approaching.

I do not believe VH can be THIS secretive. If so, they are the most powerful band in the biz or people are dealthy afraid of Ed's wrath.
    I have a clue.

You are mistaken about VH being secretive lol. It's not that they're secretive. It's simply that they wait until last minute to do jack shit.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I have a clue.

You are mistaken about VH being secretive lol. It's not that they're secretive. It's simply that they wait until last minute to do jack shit.
    But how can you do that in terms of booking venues. Wouldn't that info leak out?

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    But how can you do that in terms of booking venues. Wouldn't that info leak out?
    Eventually, but the common oversight here is that venues must be booked so far in advance. Some do, some don't. Lots of venues have dark nights even in their busy seasons often dependent on their sponsor sports team's schedules. But venues can be booked a year out or a month away. It's not like every arena in the country is booked 365 nights a year, and rarely are all 90 nights of summer booked either.

You seem particularly curious about the availability of VH's schedule for a guy who's consistently insisted he isn't attending the pending tour no matter what.

14. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

How Now Brown Sound
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 341 Times in 192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    Yeah... Unless I'm mistaken: There was no box set released. There were no re-mastered Sam albums released. Wolfs album did not drop in the spring 17. As far as I'm concerned, the rumors did not come to fruition. A standard 2018 tour (regardless of bass player) of 30+ year old music will not change my opinion of that either. Just calling it like I see it. I always appreciate everybody's input and rumors - even if they don't equate to anything notable happening. For Van Halen - this is all par for the course. And not that EVH cares, but without something new, even an EP or whatever - I don't see myself dropping any more $$$ at shows to see basically the same set-list I've seen in 2007, 2012, 2015. The shows were all fantastic and awesome experiences. I'm just kinda over it unless there is something new to promote. And I don't mean another greatest hits or re-masters of anything or striped guitars and amps. I have 1/1000th the resources of Van Halen, and I was able to put together a 4 song EP with artwork, write/record/produce and have it up on all the online distributors in just over a 3 month period. Granted, maybe it will only sell 10 copies, but its not THAT hard to do, even for some guys who just do it for fun.

Some friends of mine back home in a podunk South Carolina town just made and released their own movie. Did it in under a year for "less than the cost of a used car", working their other fulltime jobs all the while. Getting good reviews and some noteriety and recognition. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Where there isn't, there's whining and excuses. Not saying we're owed anything, just don't say nothing's happening because of x, y, and z.

As for the rumours and their veracity? Called it early on. Throw literally every scenario at the wall and if/when one of them sticks, play it off as the sage prophet with the inside skinny. Sigh. Where was all the news that was supposed drop last St. Patrick's Day? The rest of the "verbatim" predictions? Whatever.
    Last edited by E-roc; 12.07.17 at 05:31 PM.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:27 AM
    Liked 1,852 Times in 810 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by E-roc View Post
    Some friends of mine back home in a podunk South Carolina town just made and released their own movie. Did it in under a year for "less than the cost of a used car", working their other fulltime jobs all the while. Getting good reviews and some noteriety and recognition. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Where there isn't, there's whining and excuses. Not saying we're owed anything, just don't say nothing's happening because of x, y, and z.

As for the rumours and their veracity? Called it early on. Throw literally every scenario at the wall and if/when one of them sticks, play it off as the sage prophet with the inside skinny. Sigh. Where was all the news that was supposed drop last St. Patrick's Day? The rest of the "verbatim" predictions? Whatever.
    No offense, but we should stop with the Snyde comments about this not being true. We have no idea what the facts were or are. We had someone that felt they had reliable information and they shared a rumor with the group, that blew up to bullshit sights reporting it as fact because they are too lazy to fact check, and a guy having his personal life fully invaded because why? He wanted to share some info
    It could have been true at one point and VH changed directions as they often have and do, but we shouldn’t beat up the guy cause it didn’t come to fruition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

Routing that tour must not be easy, if you're only counting on leftover "empty" nights not already chosen by other acts.
    Little Dreamer

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 1,943 Times in 913 Posts

Premium Member

I have a clue.

And that's why their product usually feels thrown together last minute. Because it is.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:20 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 35 Posts

The idea of a tour in 2018 would be cool, but has anyone heard anything about new music?

This is crazy: the band still has an incredible amount of pull and interest in Hollywood; look at how they rolled out ADKOT. Yet, with all of their relevance, they keep everything under wraps; no one hears a peep...I don't get it.

If the band was set to release a new LP, how long would it take to get from a completed form, to printing, to distribution?
    "There is something completely wrong with Sammy Hagar. The man is all over the place with his mood swings. "I hate Eddie", "I love Eddie", "I want to tour with VH", "I don't want to tour with VH", "I'm not looking to start anything", "I just want to go out on a high note and not have any negativity looming over how I've handled this", "Eddie and Alex are the devil and his brother" - NoBrownM&M's