Humans Being
    Last Online

09.25.17 @ 01:06 AM
    Liked 682 Times in 377 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    Who's Brian & why is he soft?
    I need a coffee... stat
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

09.22.17 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 1,946 Times in 875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I think Dave does a LOT more than we as fans realize; just not as a musician. I'll put $$$ down that he does a shit tonne of charity work on the QT; for example, I think his work as the ambulance / emergency health care provider (can't remember for the life of me what the correct term is) is a shining example of this. Or his donation to Mike's charity. So, my personal belief is that this is what that statement means.
    Yeah he's not a cheap selfish vainglorious hollywood phoney baloney flake using charity donations & so forth as a means of publicity.

I'm guessing the NYC Paramedic endeavour was a personal challenge kind of adventure just something to do as a hobby.

Last week's benefit performance also without financial remittance or publicity. Demi Lovato was photographed wearing a DLR Skyscraper shirt I'm guessing maybe she's a fan. Or wore it because of her song of the same title maybe both.

Like you said there's probably many other examples of DLR's good natured unselfish socially conscience charitable doings. He's a helluva guy super duper no doubt about it. Shine on crazy diamond.

But-The timing of that $10000 donation to Michael Anthony's foundation and the fact his name was publicly published very shortly before the release of Noel Monks book struck me being a tad bit suspicious.

IDK- Maybe I'm just a cynical jaded prick but the thought entered my mind maybe there was possibly some sort of ulterior motive somehow. Why would he post his name on the donation.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 499 Times in 268 Posts

Donor

^I'm guessing Demi Lovato wearing a solo DLR shirt is because VH is a classic band and DLR is a classic name. I'd bet somebody lunch right now that she's never heard that album, much less owns it.

Probably just a fashion statement.....but I appreciate anything that brings some attention to the guys in the band.

As far as the timing of his donation for Mike's grandson.....I think that was just more of a coincidence that has more to do with when the fundraiser was going on than anything else.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V