Page 139 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2698
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 08:46 PM
    Liked 17,371 Times in 9,811 Posts

Premium Member

Biden slammed by Dem rivals for highlighting ability to work with segregationist senators

2 hours ago

Former Vice President Joe Biden faced scorching criticism Wednesday from his Democratic primary rivals for invoking his ability decades ago to work with two segregationist southern senators to “get things done.”

Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, one of three black candidates running for the White House, said in a statement he was “disappointed” Biden had yet to issue an “immediate apology.”

“Vice President Biden’s relationships with proud segregationists are not the model for how we make America a safer and more inclusive place for black people, and for everyone,” Booker said.

Hours earlier, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio -- who’s married to an African American woman and has an interracial family -- slammed the former vice president on Twitter.

“It’s past time for apologies or evolution from @JoeBiden. He repeatedly demonstrates that he is out of step with the values of the modern Democratic Party,” he wrote, posting an old photo of his family and saying one of the late senators Biden mentioned, James Eastland, thought his family should be "illegal."

Biden, the clear front-runner right now in the race for Democratic nomination, brought up the names of Sens. Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia while speaking at a fundraiser Tuesday in New York City. Eastland and Talmadge, two senior members in the Senate when Biden arrived in the chamber in 1973, were firmly opposed to desegregation efforts.

“I was in a caucus with James O. Eastland,” the 76-year old Biden said as he briefly imitated the late senator’s southern drawl. “He never called me boy. He always called me son.”

And he called long-deceased Talmadge “one of the meanest guys I ever knew.”

But discussing the “civility” in the Senate during the 1970s, according to the pool report, Biden said: “Well guess what? At least there was some civility. We got things done. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. But today, you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don't talk to each other anymore.”

The comments were part of Biden’s repeated warnings against Democrats who feel it’s not worth trying to find compromise with Republicans on the numerous divisive issues that have brought Washington to a standstill. Biden’s message of bipartisanship has been derided by some of his rivals for the Democratic nomination.

It wasn’t the first time Biden’s mentioned his efforts to find common ground decades ago with senators like Eastland and Talmadge.

At a house party in Nashua, N.H., last month, Biden said that when he arrived in the Senate “all the old segregationists were there for Lord's sake….But after the fight was over, then you moved on and this is, like, I don't consider the opposition my enemy, they're the opposition.”

Booker, in his statement, emphasized that you “don’t joke about calling black men ‘boys.’ Men like James O. Eastland used words like that, and the racist policies that accompanied them, to perpetuate white supremacy and strip black Americans of our very humanity.”

“I have to tell Vice President Biden, as someone I respect, that he is wrong for using his relationships with Eastland and Talmadge as examples of how to bring our country together,” Booker added. “And frankly, I’m disappointed that he hasn’t issued an immediate apology for the pain his words are dredging up for many Americans. He should.”

Fox News reached out to Biden’s presidential campaign for comment, but has not yet received a response.

The political spotlight on Biden’s comments comes on Juneteenth, an American holiday that commemorates the June 19, 1865, announcement of the abolition of slavery in Texas. The holiday more broadly also marks the emancipation of those held in slavery throughout the Confederacy.

The pushback also marks Biden's second major dispute in recent weeks with his primary rivals, having recently faced criticism for his support of the Hyde Amendment, which bars the use of federal funds to subsidize abortions in most cases. He later reversed his stance.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...onist-senators

They’re eating their own. Unreal.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default BOOM!

WATCH: NFL Legend Burgess Owens Says Democrats Should Pay Reparations

19 Jun 2019

NFL legend and Super Bowl Champion Burgess Owens, does not agree with the Democrats about much. However, he does agree with them about reparations, except he believes the Democrats should be the only ones who have to pay them.

During stirring testimony in front of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Reparations, Owens blasted the Democratic Party “for all the misery” they’ve brought to blacks; citing everything from the party’s support of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow laws, and abortion.

Watch:

The testimony was in stark contrast to that of other speakers, such as actor/activist Danny Glover and writer/activist Ta-Nehisi Coates, who were much more favorable about the prospects of the federal government issuing checks for reparations.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...y-reparations/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

07.21.19 @ 05:40 AM
    Liked 10,999 Times in 6,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Biden slammed by Dem rivals for highlighting ability to work with segregationist senators

2 hours ago

Former Vice President Joe Biden faced scorching criticism Wednesday from his Democratic primary rivals for invoking his ability decades ago to work with two segregationist southern senators to “get things done.”

Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, one of three black candidates running for the White House, said in a statement he was “disappointed” Biden had yet to issue an “immediate apology.”

“Vice President Biden’s relationships with proud segregationists are not the model for how we make America a safer and more inclusive place for black people, and for everyone,” Booker said.

Hours earlier, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio -- who’s married to an African American woman and has an interracial family -- slammed the former vice president on Twitter.

“It’s past time for apologies or evolution from @JoeBiden. He repeatedly demonstrates that he is out of step with the values of the modern Democratic Party,” he wrote, posting an old photo of his family and saying one of the late senators Biden mentioned, James Eastland, thought his family should be "illegal."

Biden, the clear front-runner right now in the race for Democratic nomination, brought up the names of Sens. Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia while speaking at a fundraiser Tuesday in New York City. Eastland and Talmadge, two senior members in the Senate when Biden arrived in the chamber in 1973, were firmly opposed to desegregation efforts.

“I was in a caucus with James O. Eastland,” the 76-year old Biden said as he briefly imitated the late senator’s southern drawl. “He never called me boy. He always called me son.”

And he called long-deceased Talmadge “one of the meanest guys I ever knew.”

But discussing the “civility” in the Senate during the 1970s, according to the pool report, Biden said: “Well guess what? At least there was some civility. We got things done. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. But today, you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don't talk to each other anymore.”

The comments were part of Biden’s repeated warnings against Democrats who feel it’s not worth trying to find compromise with Republicans on the numerous divisive issues that have brought Washington to a standstill. Biden’s message of bipartisanship has been derided by some of his rivals for the Democratic nomination.

It wasn’t the first time Biden’s mentioned his efforts to find common ground decades ago with senators like Eastland and Talmadge.

At a house party in Nashua, N.H., last month, Biden said that when he arrived in the Senate “all the old segregationists were there for Lord's sake….But after the fight was over, then you moved on and this is, like, I don't consider the opposition my enemy, they're the opposition.”

Booker, in his statement, emphasized that you “don’t joke about calling black men ‘boys.’ Men like James O. Eastland used words like that, and the racist policies that accompanied them, to perpetuate white supremacy and strip black Americans of our very humanity.”

“I have to tell Vice President Biden, as someone I respect, that he is wrong for using his relationships with Eastland and Talmadge as examples of how to bring our country together,” Booker added. “And frankly, I’m disappointed that he hasn’t issued an immediate apology for the pain his words are dredging up for many Americans. He should.”

Fox News reached out to Biden’s presidential campaign for comment, but has not yet received a response.

The political spotlight on Biden’s comments comes on Juneteenth, an American holiday that commemorates the June 19, 1865, announcement of the abolition of slavery in Texas. The holiday more broadly also marks the emancipation of those held in slavery throughout the Confederacy.

The pushback also marks Biden's second major dispute in recent weeks with his primary rivals, having recently faced criticism for his support of the Hyde Amendment, which bars the use of federal funds to subsidize abortions in most cases. He later reversed his stance.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...onist-senators

They’re eating their own. Unreal.
    Tearing down the guy most likely to win. Smart strategy by the Democrats.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 2,328 Times in 1,234 Posts

They're sick. That's awesome.

Trump 2020 KAG!
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Last Online

07.21.19 @ 04:44 AM
    Liked 10,321 Times in 5,642 Posts

Premium Member

KAG! Lol! the new trigger.

They should change the hat color too.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 1,038 Times in 649 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Make shit up when you're out of ideas, and crap like this happens.

BLACK PAROLEE WHO RAPED WHITE WOMAN SAID SHE “DESERVED” IT BECAUSE OF “SLAVERY”

Identity politics madness having real world consequences

23-year-old Temar Bishop punched the victim in the face numerous times before raping her on a rooftop on Alexander Avenue in Mott Haven.
    After the sexual assault, Bishop continued to punch and kick the 20-year-old woman until she passed out. The victim suffered a fractured nose and lacerations to her face and body.

https://www.infowars.com/black-parol...se-of-slavery/

Google his name if you don't like the Infowars link.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

07.21.19 @ 05:40 AM
    Liked 10,999 Times in 6,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Make shit up when you're out of ideas, and crap like this happens.

BLACK PAROLEE WHO RAPED WHITE WOMAN SAID SHE “DESERVED” IT BECAUSE OF “SLAVERY”

Identity politics madness having real world consequences

23-year-old Temar Bishop punched the victim in the face numerous times before raping her on a rooftop on Alexander Avenue in Mott Haven.
    After the sexual assault, Bishop continued to punch and kick the 20-year-old woman until she passed out. The victim suffered a fractured nose and lacerations to her face and body.

https://www.infowars.com/black-parol...se-of-slavery/

Google his name if you don't like the Infowars link.
    https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/man-na...t-for-slavery/

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

"Build that wall!" Oh, wait...

The Obamas drop in on the Clooneys! 300ft exclusion zone will be placed around George and Amal's Italian villa when former President and his family stay with them on Friday on latest leg of their European holiday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mily-stay.html

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 01:59 PM
    Liked 2,840 Times in 1,470 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

How many armed security guards will be there?
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Former Ukrainian Prosecutor: ‘No Doubt’ Joe Biden Forced Me Out to Protect Hunter Biden

A former Ukrainian prosecutor general is speaking out after Vice President Joe Biden forced him out of his job.

20 Jun 2019

Speaking to ABC News, former Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin said he has “no doubt” Biden wanted him gone to help protect Hunter Biden’s employer.

At the time, Shokin was investigating Burisma Holdings while Biden’s son Hunter was on the board earning as much as $50,000 a month.

“Biden was acting not like a U.S. vice president, but as an individual,” he said to ABC News, “like the individual interested in having me removed — having me gone so that I did not interfere in the Burisma investigation.”

The connection was first revealed in author Peter Schweizer’s best-selling book Secret Empires and was featured in reports by Breitbart News.

In 2018, during a speech to the Council on Foreign Relations, Biden bragged about strong-arming the Urkanian government.

“If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.” Biden recalled saying, “Well, son of a bitch, he got fired.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2..._medium=social

This isn’t going away, Joe.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Keep confusing them, dipshits.

Alleged Colorado school shooter says he targeted kids over gender taunts

Alec McKinney, 16, who was born female and identifies as male, said students at the STEM School Highlands Ranch called him “disgusting,” made fun of him and repeatedly referred to him “as a she,” according to written summaries of police interviews.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/20/colora...gender-taunts/

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Teacher traumatizes 6-year-old child telling her ‘there is no such thing as boys and girls’

As a result, her daughter became more and more worried and upset, repeatedly asking why being a girl was “not real” and telling her parents she wanted to go to a doctor, Buffone said.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/te...boys-and-girls

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

CNN's Camerota Badgers Black Trump Supporter for Not Agreeing America Is Racist

New Day host Alisyn Camerota singled out and badgered a black Trump supporter on her show Thursday, for disagreeing that America was racist and it was all Trump’s fault.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...reeing-america

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 861 Times in 492 Posts

Ok, let me get this straight,...Joe Biden shares a clumsy personal story illustrating how Washington used to be able to work across party and ideological lines to govern, to come to a compromise to avoid political gridlock...also implying that he still has this ability in today’s polarized political culture.

Cory Booker, is offended by the story, not because it highlights today’s “your either with us or against us, hardline political stance,” but because some segregationist called Biden ‘boy’ in a demeaning manner, decades ago?

Really?

Feet of clay indeed.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.21.19 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 25,626 Times in 12,934 Posts

Premium Member

Biden, for all his faults, is one of the last of the breed that could disagree about politics by day, but still go out, have a few drinks and sexual harass interns at night with his political opponents for the sake of the betterment of the country.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!