Page 52 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 07:07 AM
    Liked 17,315 Times in 9,778 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    It's pretty rich to slam a liberal Governor for floating eminent domain overreach when the President and leader of the Republican Party whom you support was just this week floating eminent domain overreach (doing it unilaterally as President) to get his wall built (plus has a long history of supporting eminent domain overreach, including for personal gain).
    What's rich is how you will twist any situation into a pretzel to slip Trump into it so you can slam him. In Your eyes there is no difference between the situations. Got it.

I don't agree.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

07.15.19 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 834 Times in 436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Dems fretting over her ‘Twitter star’ status

Adam Shaw 3 hours ago

Rising liberal star Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is hitting back at fellow Democrats who reportedly are concerned about her confrontational style.

(snip)

“People are afraid of her,” one senior Democratic aide told the outlet.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oca...er-star-status
    Divide and conquer, that's the game.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Divide and conquer, that's the game.
    "she is drawing critics in the more established parts of the House Democratic caucus, who are reportedly mounting an operation to bring her into line -- with warnings that she will be on her own and ineffective if she keeps "sniping" inside the party tent."

This says to me she's about to have a "House Of Cards" moment. They made her, they will deal with her. If they threatened to derail Tulsi Gabbard who I respect the hell out of, what do you think they'll do to a 29 year old snot who barely knows the difference between The White House and White Castle?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Tulsi Gabbard, Hawaii Democrat, says she will run for president in 2020

“Tulsi Gabbard has an even bigger problem than her lack of experience – it’s that she has no base of support,” Republican National Committee spokesman Michael Ahrens said. “Liberals think she’s too conservative, conservatives think she’s too liberal, and just about everyone thinks her coziness with Bashar al-Assad is disturbing.”
    https://www.foxnews.com

Will the party allow her? I like her, but the Dems don't. The fact that she loves her country already distances her from half the party.

The Dem primaries will be interesting.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 06:55 AM
    Liked 10,990 Times in 6,150 Posts

“Tulsi Gabbard has an even bigger problem than her lack of experience – it’s that she has no base of support,” Republican National Committee spokesman Michael Ahrens said. “Liberals think she’s too conservative, conservatives think she’s too liberal, and just about everyone thinks her coziness with Bashar al-Assad is disturbing.”

Will the party allow her? I like her, but the Dems don't. The fact that she loves her country already distances her from half the party.

It's amazing seeing the response on Twitter to her announcement. The left dislikes her it seems which reinforces my respect for her.

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    It's amazing seeing the response on Twitter to her announcement. The left dislikes her it seems which reinforces my respect for her.

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk
    The Democrats don’t have anyone else like her. Have you seen all the other contenders so far in their party? They’re all gimmicks. Gabbard has gravitas.

Good Enough
    Last Online

07.15.19 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 834 Times in 436 Posts

I don't know about her "love" of her country despite her service. The optics of the Assad/Syria visit were pretty bad. This is old news from 2017 but brings up the issue regarding Syria:

Tulsi Gabbard reveals she met Assad in Syria, without informing top Democrats

Hawaiian congresswoman claims she went on a ‘fact-finding’ mission in support of ‘peace’ for Syrian people, but characterized US-backed rebels as ‘terrorists’

"Gabbard, a Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii, disclosed her meeting with the Syrian president on Wednesday, during what her office called a “fact-finding” mission in the region.

“Initially I hadn’t planned on meeting him,” Gabbard told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “When the opportunity arose to meet with him, I did so, because I felt it’s important that if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, about their suffering, then we’ve got to be able to meet with anyone that we need to if there is a possibility that we could achieve peace. And that’s exactly what we talked about.”

Democratic leaders were mum on the decision by one of their sitting lawmakers to meet with a dictator whom the US government has dubbed a war criminal for his use of chemical weapons against civilians....."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...yria-democrats
    Last edited by T.B.; 01.12.19 at 02:12 PM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Yeah, that’s known. What does that have to do with whether or not she’s part of the “fuck America” wing of her party?

Those US backed rebels were made up of a good portion of ISIS and radical pro Islamic forces. This was a campaign issue also.

Btw, I posted the videos she made when she went there on this board.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

07.15.19 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 2,223 Times in 1,510 Posts

The Democrats don’t have anyone else like her. Have you seen all the other contenders so far in their party? They’re all gimmicks. Gabbard has gravitas.
    What is it that you like so much about her? Her idea’s are almost as bad as Bernie Sanders.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    What is it that you like so much about her? Her idea’s are almost as bad as Bernie Sanders.
    She seems to be more of a Democrat than the lunatic left that has taken over the party. She was right about Syria and she shares Trump's foreign policy view. If you read her op-ed I posted the other day where she chastised her party ( Feinstein & Harris particularly ) over their attacks on religious freedom, it seems that she respects our basic American freedoms and values. I'm not saying she is my first choice, I KNOW there are things we will disagree on, but she is much better than a gimmick puppet like Beta or Kamala Harris. I'd mention Alice On Crack but she's only a threat to herself right now.

I would have to hear more of Tulsi's views for perspective, but I think that she would lean more towards achieving her ideas constitutionally rather than living out some Che like, college frat daydream.

I could be wrong.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 01.12.19 at 05:10 PM.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

07.13.19 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 1,316 Times in 815 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

She seems to be more of a Democrat than the lunatic left that has taken over the party. She was right about Syria and she shares Trump's foreign policy view. If you read her op-ed I posted the other day where she chastised her party ( Feinstein & Harris particularly ) over their attacks on religious freedom, it seems that she respects our basic American freedoms and values. I'm not saying she is my first choice, I KNOW there are things we will disagree on, but she is much better than a gimmick puppet like Beta or Kamala Harris. I'd mention Alice On Crack but she's only a threat to herself right now.

I would have to hear more of Tulsi's views for perspective, but I think that she would lean more towards achieving her ideas constitutionally rather than living out some Che like, college frat daydream.

I could be wrong.
    Trojan Horse she is bro....
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Catholic Leaders Decry ‘Extreme Pro-Abortion Shift’ in Democrat-Run House

12 Jan 2019

The Democrat-controlled House of Representatives has wasted no time in passing pro-abortion legislation, an “extreme shift” denounced by Catholic leaders.

When the House passed a bill to fund the government last week, it not only omitted financing for a border wall, it also expanded taxpayer funding for abortion.

“They’re making this one of their conditions to reopen the government, which is a pretty extreme position to say, ‘We’re going to force funding, U.S. taxpayer dollars, to promote abortion overseas as part of our foreign policy,’” said Maureen Ferguson, senior policy adviser for the Catholic Association.

"The bill would have ended Trump’s “Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance” policy that blocks taxpayer funds to nongovernmental organizations that perform or promote abortion overseas,” notes an article this week in the National Catholic Register. “It also increased funding by $5 million to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which Trump had previously cut off due to UNFPA’s participation in coercive abortion and involuntary sterilization in China.”

Many Catholic groups have expressed concern over the “extreme pro-abortion shift” enacted by the Democratic majority in the House, the article stated.

The Democrats’ party platform has become “rabidly pro-abortion,” said Tom McClusky, the president of March for Life Action and pro-life Democrats have become a dying breed in danger of extinction.

“We have seen the number of pro-life Democrats dwindle from, at one point, over 40 to just two: Reps. Lipinski and Peterson,” McClusky said.

Abortion has become so central to the Democrat Party platform, that being a pro-life Democrat sounds like an oxymoron.

“Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman’s right to make her own choices about her body and her health,” DNC chairman Tom Perez famously said in 2017. “That is not negotiable and should not change city by city or state by state.”

"At a time when women’s rights are under assault from the White House, the Republican Congress, and in states across the country,” he added, “we must speak up for this principle as loudly as ever and with one voice.”

Rep. Dan Lipinski, D-Ill., one of the two pro-life Democrats and a Catholic, said that he will keep fighting to allow space in the party for pro-lifers.

“They need to stop pushing pro-life Democrats out of the party,” he said. “I faced a very serious primary challenge last time and expect I may face one again, largely based on the abortion issue and the question of whether or not a Democrat can be pro-life.”

Although the Democratic Party’s pro-abortion platform was galvanized in 1992, when the Party refused to allow the late Governor Robert P. Casey of Pennsylvania to give a speech against abortion at its National Convention, it has now become a fundamental pillar of the Party.

The 2016 platform of the Democratic Party was called “the most pro-abortion platform in history,” and the President of NARAL Pro-Choice America Ilyse Hogue praised the 55-page document “far and away the most progressive platform on reproductive health, freedom and justice in the history of the party.”

“We just need to keep speaking out about the horrors of abortion,” Lipinski said, “and that being pro-life is being pro-woman — but politically we may see some tough times in the next couple of years.”

Greg Schleppenbach, the associate director of the Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities at the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, said that a top priority of the bishops is “to protect all pro-life policies from being repealed or weakened, including the Mexico City Policy, Hyde Amendment and other policies that prohibit taxpayer funding for abortion or its promotion.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rat-run-house/
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 01.13.19 at 07:15 AM.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Liked 25,583 Times in 12,910 Posts

Premium Member

Half of the Catholics in America vote for Pro-Choice candidates, so it really shouldn't be a surprise.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

The godless fucking Democrats need to burn in Hell.....