Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 430 of 464 FirstFirst ... 330380420427428429430431432433440 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 6948
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 08:26 PM
    Liked 796 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Heads will Roll, Put up or shut up, Jailbait....

I take no Prisoners, is killer, too.

It was like the cap off to a great era of Ted.

I think his next album was, Nugent, which was way more commercial & glossy.
    Agreed. I believe when he changed his "logo" the quality of his music went down.

He had a great run in the 70's up to Intensities. After that I didn't really tune in to anything of his.

But Intensities in 10 Cities was in heavy rotation on my turntable back then.

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 08:08 PM
    Liked 13,798 Times in 7,786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I think in the beginning a lot of the criticism aimed at Trump was that his "messaging" wasn't always in alignment with what his medical experts were saying. And I believe there was some justification in that criticism. At least recently they're more on the same page, which is a very good thing.
    it wasn't early on, his messaging was off the mark. That said, if it was perfect you'd still be staring at a recession and a bunch of dead people. Trump has a habit of saying stuff in a crappy way but the overall impact on that on the results of the virus is pretty much zero.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    it wasn't early on, his messaging was off the mark. That said, if it was perfect you'd still be staring at a recession and a bunch of dead people. Trump has a habit of saying stuff in a crappy way but the overall impact on that on the results of the virus is pretty much zero.
    He's the POTUS. His words matter. It's crucial that his messaging is on the mark. When he was taking this virus "lightly" ("the virus will miraculously go away") he was rightfully criticized. The problem is that he's still criticized for things he said back then. Now that he's seemingly on the same page as Fauci and the rest, the criticism should have diminished. But, this is America...and this is what happens here, sadly. But let's be honest, he does himself no favors by mentioning stupid things like the ratings of his pressers. And then he wonders why he's treated "unfairly." It's an unfortunate and endlessly vicious cycle, even during a pandemic.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 08:08 PM
    Liked 13,798 Times in 7,786 Posts

He's the POTUS. His words matter. It's crucial that his messaging is on the mark. When he was taking this virus "lightly" ("the virus will miraculously go away") he was rightfully criticized. The problem is that he's still criticized for things he said back then. Now that he's seemingly on the same page as Fauci and the rest, the criticism should have diminished. But, this is America...and this is what happens here, sadly. But let's be honest, he does himself no favors by mentioning stupid things like the ratings of his pressers. And then he wonders why he's treated "unfairly." It's an unfortunate and endlessly vicious cycle, even during a pandemic.
    Just seems to me that the role of the press should be to inform and not to try fight political battles. This is especially the case in times like these.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 21,299 Times in 12,338 Posts

Just seems to me that the role of the press should be to inform and not to try fight political battles. This is especially the case in times like these.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    The press isn’t “just doing its job”, it’s the exact opposite. America’s issues with the media have been going on for decades, Trump’s just the first one to fight back. People seem to forget what a wet noodle Bush was with the media and they went on to define his presidency and character. Mind you , I’m not defending Bush at all. I’ve said many times I’ll never vote for another Bush ever.

Also, the Clinton emails proved once and for all that the media is just an arm of the DNC.

Last Online

When the messaging wasn't on the mark, it was kind of difficult for the press to inform. This is especially important in times like these.

But, as I've said, now that the messaging is more aligned, the criticism should cease. But, of course it won't. In that regard, I guess we're saying the same thing.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    The press isn’t “just doing its job”, it’s the exact opposite. America’s issues with the media have been going on for decades, Trump’s just the first one to fight back. People seem to forget what a wet noodle Bush was with the media and they went on to define his presidency and character. Mind you , I’m not defending Bush at all. I’ve said many times I’ll never vote for another Bush ever.

Also, the Clinton emails proved once and for all that the media is just an arm of the DNC.
    It's fine that Trump fights back when the media is unfair. But, let's be honest, if the reporting isn't praise, it's "fake news."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

It's fine that Trump fights back when the media is unfair. But, let's be honest, if the reporting isn't praise, it's "fake news."
    Not entirely accurate. Theyíll run with a clip of Trump berating a reporter but they wonít show you or report that the question was already answered twice in the same presser. Any slight deviation and they spin a negative. Itís an old game called gotcha thatís just not working like it used to for them. Theyíre trying that with Fauci with the Corona models and heís starting to get snappy with them.

Every president has been set up this way, heís just the first one to fight back on it. Now, does he do the political two step like EVERY OTHER president and politician in history? Sure he does, thatís always been called deflection. Today because itís Trump itís called lying, being dishonest, or whatever negative they want.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

Not entirely accurate. They’ll run with a clip of Trump berating a reporter but they won’t show you or report that the question was already answered twice in the same presser. Any slight deviation and they spin a negative. It’s an old game called gotcha that’s just not working like it used to for them. They’re trying that with Fauci with the Corona models and he’s starting to get snappy with them.

Every president has been set up this way, he’s just the first one to fight back on it. Now, does he do the political two step like EVERY OTHER president and politician in history? Sure he does, that’s always been called deflection. Today because it’s Trump it’s called lying, being dishonest, or whatever negative they want.
    My assessment wasn't entirely inaccurate, though. It's why he loves Fox News so much. They constantly praise him and he eats that up.

Yes, other outlets do go to far, no doubt. But any critical word against his thin skin is fake news. There ARE times when the criticism is warranted and true, just like with any President.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

My assessment wasn't entirely inaccurate, though. It's why he loves Fox News so much. They constantly praise him and he eats that up.

Yes, other outlets do go to far, no doubt. But any critical word against his thin skin is fake news. There ARE times when the criticism is warranted and true, just like with any President.
    He won't get a fair shake from other outlets so he goes on Fox. What is he supposed to do? I don't recall Bush on MSNBC OR CNN either.

The problem, which was pointed out around 2016, is that when outlets like CNN run reports about how he's the devil because he had two scoops of ice cream when others had one at a White House function, they lose all credibility and they're not taken seriously on other critiques which may be legitimate.

The average person doesn't give a damn about that because it's stupid. Most people don't give a shit about his tweets, either.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

05.26.20 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 12,881 Times in 7,187 Posts

Premium Member

Trump has been critical of Fox News at times, for those that care to notice.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Trump has been critical of Fox News at times, for those that care to notice.
    Yes, he's called them out on the few times they called him out. There was a blip in their praise of him, so naturally that's when he criticizes them.

Last Online

He won't get a fair shake from other outlets so he goes on Fox. What is he supposed to do? I don't recall Bush on MSNBC OR CNN either.

The problem, which was pointed out around 2016, is that when outlets like CNN run reports about how he's the devil because he had two scoops of ice cream when others had one at a White House function, they lose all credibility and they're not taken seriously on other critiques which may be legitimate.

The average person doesn't give a damn about that because it's stupid. Most people don't give a shit about his tweets, either.
    He goes on Fox because they know he watches and everyone praises him over there. He knows he'll get a Trumpian "fair shake." Look what happens when someone like Chris Wallace dares make a criticism of him.

Yes, the ice cream bullshit was just that. Most people didn't give a shit about that. And I'm not going to argue the utter nonsense put out by the media on a daily basis.
    See, when Trump began his Presidency with that stupid attendance B.S. (Spicer's saying it was the biggest Inauguration ever. Period), he kind of set the bar very low. And it certainly was a sign of things to come, both from him and from the media.

The tweets are a different thing. Sure most people don't care about the tweets when he puts out irrelevant nonsense like bashing Joe & Mika or SNL. I don't care about the tweets, but it seems he, the POTUS, has his mind pre-occupied with stupid shit...not unlike the media with the ice cream B.S. He should be more mindful of his tweeting...the words of the POTUS do matter.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

And there it is.
    You can believe that about him and Fox , you can’t deny that he would not be treated fairly on MSNBC Or CNN.

As for Chris Wallace, he not the same guy he was pre Trump. There’s several reasons for that but the most important is that he now likes “play to the narrative” where he never did before. This is part of corporate media handing down dictates from above.

I used Juan Williams as an example a few weeks ago. Years ago Williams would never touch some of the crap that’s put out there. Now he’s playing the role of the “ultra left blowhard” for Fox. Just like some conservative commentators transfer to one of the left leaning networks and become the “country club Republican” caricature.

The media has always had the knives out for conservatives but what they’re doing with Trump is worse than what they did to Bush.

And the ice cream story is just a small example. They’ve done worse than that on important stuff.

Last Online

And there it is.
    You can believe that about him and Fox , you can’t deny that he would not be treated fairly on MSNBC Or CNN.

As for Chris Wallace, he not the same guy he was pre Trump. There’s several reasons for that but the most important is that he now likes “play to the narrative” where he never did before. This is part of corporate media handing down dictates from above.

I used Juan Williams as an example a few weeks ago. Years ago Williams would never touch some of the crap that’s put out there. Now he’s playing the role of the “ultra left blowhard” for Fox. Just like some conservative commentators transfer to one of the left leaning networks and become the “country club Republican” caricature.

The media has always had the knives out for conservatives but what they’re doing with Trump is worse than what they did to Bush.

And the ice cream story is just a small example. They’ve done worse than that on important stuff.
    And there it is. Of course Chris Wallace is "not the same anymore." If anyone dare says anything critical of Trump, like they would and have with every other President, there's an issue that the reporter is bad. There's a reason Trump never says a bad word about Hannity.

It appears to be worse with Trump because he "fights back" and gives them more to "write" about. As I've said, it's a vicious cycle.

I agree with you about Juan Williams. It seems he's just a foil for the others on that opinionated show.

If Trump ever went on CNN I'm sure he and his base would think he wouldn't be treated fairly, and there certainly is a chance of that. You'd probably have to define what it would be to treat a President fairly. I give Trump credit, he has won the battle with them. He has people believing the CNN truly sucks and Fox News is the gospel. Look, I know that CNN isn't what it once was, far from it. It's very unfortunate that they have stooped to this partisan programming B.S. like the others. For the most part all those channels are just toxic partisan crap.