Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 356 of 431 FirstFirst ... 256306346353354355356357358359366406 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 6456
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

03.31.20 @ 04:26 PM
    Liked 20,465 Times in 11,787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I would say most people in this country would want the superior Canada-style healthcare system.
    And you would be wrong
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

03.31.20 @ 07:42 PM
    Liked 12,860 Times in 7,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    And you would be wrong
    what do you think the answer is? Clearly there's a reason Obamacare happened. People were not happy prior and that didn't solve anything. The Republicans having an alternative of nothing really hasn't help any.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

03.31.20 @ 04:26 PM
    Liked 20,465 Times in 11,787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    what do you think the answer is? Clearly there's a reason Obamacare happened. People were not happy prior and that didn't solve anything. The Republicans having an alternative of nothing really hasn't help any.
    It didn't happen because we the people wanted it that's for sure. Obamacare was rammed down our throats by the Democrat majority at the time. People may have forgotten how it was fought tooth and nail and the Dems pulled every payout trick in the book like Harry Reid's $100 million "Cornhusker Kickback". Obamacare has never been popular in America regardless of how many Obama supporters try to tell you different.

Show was right, the MAJORITY of this nation was insured and happy with their plans. Approximately 12-15 % of the nation was uninsured. And a lot of those numbers were fudged too. They were counting illegals in the uninsured numbers also in order to bullshit people about this monstrosity. Republicans kept saying that we don't have to trash our system when we could find a solution for that small a sector of the country. Nope. Dreams of socialized medicine were dancing in the heads of the left side of the aisle and they had the power to force it so they did.

It was a HUGE reason why the Democrats were voted OUT of power during Obama's presidency.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 02.21.20 at 12:34 PM.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

03.31.20 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 3,087 Times in 1,483 Posts

Default The Democratic Party .... fresh out of ideas

Iíll just chime in with my thoughts on healthcare. First off, after recently been the victim of cutbacks, I can tell you both the exchange and COBRA options are outrageous expensive, how is someone unemployed supposed to cover that, not to mention itís mandatory to have insurance.
    Now in my instance, Iím fine, I have plenty saved up and an actually taking a small break before going for another job
    Now keep in mind I am single, the lowest exchange monthly option is $500 a month, COBRA is $600
    So how does someone stem the tide having to cover bare minimums (mortgage, auto insurance, gas, and grocery) and cone up with those insurance premiums? For a family the costs are 1400-2000 a month

To say the system is not broken is flat out wrong, and it was hardly better before ACA, but it was a little. Problem being there was 45 million with no insurance, flooding ERs and urgent cares and it was still expensive to have insurance, especially COBRA, but at least you had the option to do without for a few months while changing jobs

But there is not one politician, not one that wants to do away with ACA. One of the top three lobbies in DC is Pharma, and they are getting filthy rich with this and their kickbacks are only going up

A real solution? Do away with the mandate, allow Medicare for the unemployed and households making less than 30k, the rest stays the same. Pay for it any number of ways, reduce or eliminate the NEA budget, reduce defense spending with better oversight into civilian defense contractors ( so the army doesnít get 300 abram tanks they didnít want or need and I kid you not sat around for years before being sold to other countries) just to fulfill contracts
    Yes increasing taxes with a wealth tax too

Any number of options

None of this stuff needs to be gov run or a handout, but the basics of life do need to be made more accessible for the people that truly need it. It just needs to be a little easier with some of this stuff

Like college tuition, it doesnít need to be free, make it 100% tax deductible, but that wonít happen cause it lowers the revenue coming in to the government which increases the deficit because they lack any ability to cut any spending

/rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mean Streets; 02.21.20 at 12:12 PM.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

03.31.20 @ 06:56 PM
    Liked 18,532 Times in 9,874 Posts

Premium Member

it might be but that's an awful may to build policy (either private of public).
    Expecting people to be responsible for themselves is an awful way to build policy?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Expecting people to be responsible for themselves is an awful way to build policy?
    building a system where clients may avoid early detection due to cash constraints is horrible policy.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    I’ll just chime in with my thoughts on healthcare. First off, after recently been the victim of cutbacks, I can tell you both the exchange and COBRA options are outrageous expensive, how is someone unemployed supposed to cover that, not to mention it’s mandatory to have insurance.
    Now in my instance, I’m fine, I have plenty saved up and an actually taking a small break before going for another job
    Now keep in mind I am single, the lowest exchange monthly option is $500 a month, COBRA is $600
    So how does someone stem the tide having to cover bare minimums (mortgage, auto insurance, gas, and grocery) and cone up with those insurance premiums? For a family the costs are 1400-2000 a month

To say the system is not broken is flat out wrong, and it was hardly better before ACA, but it was a little. Problem being there was 45 million with no insurance, flooding ERs and urgent cares and it was still expensive to have insurance, especially COBRA, but at least you had the option to do without for a few months while changing jobs

But there is not one politician, not one that wants to do away with ACA. One of the top three lobbies in DC is Pharma, and they are getting filthy rich with this and their kickbacks are only going up

A real solution? Do away with the mandate, allow Medicare for the unemployed and households making less than 30k, the rest stays the same. Pay for it any number of ways, reduce or eliminate the NEA budget, reduce defense spending with better oversight into civilian defense contractors ( so the army doesn’t get 300 abram tanks they didn’t want or need and I kid you not sat around for years before being sold to other countries) just to fulfill contracts
    Yes increasing taxes with a wealth tax too

Any number of options

None of this stuff needs to be gov run or a handout, but the basics of life do need to be made more accessible for the people that truly need it. It just needs to be a little easier with some of this stuff

Like college tuition, it doesn’t need to be free, make it 100% tax deductible, but that won’t happen cause it lowers the revenue coming in to the government which increases the deficit because they lack any ability to cut any spending

/rant

I went uninsured for a good number of years after I graduated from college because I was self employed and doing some other part time things, none of which had benefits.

I came across a company that offered individual plans at an affordable price, I don't remember exactly what my premiums were but I think it was about 70 bucks per month with a 10 grand deductible which was perfect for me because I rarely go to the doctor.

Of course when Obamacare came along they jacked up my premiums and included all sorts of shit I didn't want because of the mandates so I cancelled it and went uninsured again for a couple years until I got on my wife's plan from her employer.

And that's the bullshit I'm talking about, who is Obama or some other asshole politician to tell me that my insurance plan wasn't good enough?

It was good enough for me, that's why I purchased it.

Can't get that stuff no more.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

building a system where clients may avoid early detection due to cash constraints is horrible policy.
    Cash constraints?

If you can't afford 50 to 100 bucks to go to the doctor if you think something is wrong with your health then you've got major problems.

Maybe rethink spending 700 dollars on a new iPhone that you don't need.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Cash constraints?

If you can't afford 50 to 100 bucks to go to the doctor if you think something is wrong with your health then you've got major problems.

Maybe rethink spending 700 dollars on a new iPhone that you don't need.
    don't disagree with you on the 2nd part. But it happens a lot I would bet

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

don't disagree with you on the 2nd part. But it happens a lot I would bet
    You're actually right that it happens a lot, but usually it's not because of money.

My wife tells me that patient compliance is a huge problem, even when they are insured.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

03.31.20 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 3,087 Times in 1,483 Posts

I went uninsured for a good number of years after I graduated from college because I was self employed and doing some other part time things, none of which had benefits.

I came across a company that offered individual plans at an affordable price, I don't remember exactly what my premiums were but I think it was about 70 bucks per month with a 10 grand deductible which was perfect for me because I rarely go to the doctor.

Of course when Obamacare came along they jacked up my premiums and included all sorts of shit I didn't want because of the mandates so I cancelled it and went uninsured again for a couple years until I got on my wife's plan from her employer.

And that's the bullshit I'm talking about, who is Obama or some other asshole politician to tell me that my insurance plan wasn't good enough?

It was good enough for me, that's why I purchased it.

Can't get that stuff no more.
    No, canít get that stuff anymore and itís not coming back due to the lobbying. I truly feel there is one singular issue that needs to be fixed for any real chance and fixing any of the other problems, campaign finance reform, until you get lobbying and endless amounts of money rolling into campaigns, there will never be any effort to create legislation for any of the needs of the largest block of this country, because removing it is too detrimental to the originations making those large donations and kickbacks. Campaign finance to me is the only issue that matters, without it, you canít fix any other issue, and itís how we ended up with ACA, health insurance Anf pharma companies wanted it bad and they are making bank off of it

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    No, can’t get that stuff anymore and it’s not coming back due to the lobbying. I truly feel there is one singular issue that needs to be fixed for any real chance and fixing any of the other problems, campaign finance reform, until you get lobbying and endless amounts of money rolling into campaigns, there will never be any effort to create legislation for any of the needs of the largest block of this country, because removing it is too detrimental to the originations making those large donations and kickbacks. Campaign finance to me is the only issue that matters, without it, you can’t fix any other issue, and it’s how we ended up with ACA, health insurance Anf pharma companies wanted it bad and they are making bank off of it

I think you're right about that which is why I detest that Citizens United ruling.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

You're actually right that it happens a lot, but usually it's not because of money.

My wife tells me that patient compliance is a huge problem, even when they are insured.
    why does she think that happens?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

why does she think that happens?
    Good question.

There's a variety of reasons, some that seem to come up more often than others is people not wanting a diagnosis in their medical records, denial, not wanting to go on drugs. She'll want to run labs on people to confirm her suspicion of a diagnosis and they say no. So obviously she can't force someone to do a blood draw so she notates it and then sends them on their way.

A big one is people not wanting to to to the ER, so they come into her office instead even when they're in dire straits. The doctors there have had to call an ambulance numerous times for people that are in really bad shape but think for whatever reason that they can go get fixed at their family practice.
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 02.21.20 at 12:40 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Good question.

There's a variety of reasons, some that seem to come up more often than others is people not wanting a diagnosis in their medical records, denial, not wanting to go on drugs. She'll want to run labs on people to confirm her suspicion of a diagnosis and they say no. So obviously she can't force someone to do a blood draw so she notates it and then sends them on their way.

A big one is people not wanting to to to the ER, so they come into her office instead even when they're in dire straits. The doctors there have had to call an ambulance numerous times for people that are in really bad shape but think for whatever reason that they can go get fixed at their family practice.
    Interesting, that's got to be incredibly frustrating for them.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: