Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 285 of 363 FirstFirst ... 185235275282283284285286287288295335 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 5444
    Baluchitherium
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 5,455 Times in 2,465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Tarp was repaid. And it made the government money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it did

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 27,970 Times in 14,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    It really didn't when you look at all the associated costs that came with the meltdown. Even not including those they barely broke even.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    The government made money on the money directly invested into the investment banks. The ancillary costs can't be measured, but that was not directly the USG's fault anyway. There were many contributing factors to the 2007 near collapse of our financial institutions, but none of it would have mattered without runaway greed.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,339 Times in 4,217 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Yes it did

So to sum up. When the banks failed the government made money BUT they can’t do this on a regular basis with social security?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 27,970 Times in 14,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    So to sum up. When the banks failed the government made money BUT they can’t do this on a regular basis with social security?

Social Security is a legalized Ponzi scheme, big difference.

Don't get me started on Social Security, you will get an earful (more accurately as it is a web forum, eyefull, but that doesn't sound right).
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

Don't get me started on Social Security, you will get an earful (more accurately as it is a web forum, eyefull, but that doesn't sound right).
    It really has to be addressed as life expectancy expands, labor participation is lower on a secular basis, interest rates only have one direction to go up, and most fail to realize global population is likely to peak in the next 10-15 years then slowly decline. None of the models take that into account in regard to slower growth and a narrowing of the age pyramid. It can be fixed with reasonable changes but do nothing is simply not an option

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 12,410 Times in 6,981 Posts

The government made money on the money directly invested into the investment banks. The ancillary costs can't be measured, but that was not directly the USG's fault anyway. There were many contributing factors to the 2007 near collapse of our financial institutions, but none of it would have mattered without runaway greed.
    It was partially their fault. They let the banks do whatever the hell they wanted and created a lending environment destined for collapse.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,339 Times in 4,217 Posts

Donor

I get the importance of it in 1933 but now I’d agree with you. If you didn’t save any sort of money ALL your life, then money is going to be the least of your worries. $40 bucks every check for 30 years is something damn near everyone should do and more if you can afford it.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:01 AM
    Liked 1,442 Times in 912 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

"Racist" Trump Supporters Should Lose Their Vote, Says NBC. Guess Who Decides They're "Racist"?

Once again, the mainstream media is pushing the repugnant race card, suggesting that Trump supporters are a bunch of knuckle-dragging xenophobes whose only reason for wanting a wall on the Mexican border is because they suffer an aversion to people with different skin color than them.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-theyre-racist
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

02.23.20 @ 05:59 PM
    Liked 2,389 Times in 1,611 Posts

Cultural Marxism is all the left is about now. They are caricatures of what Liberals used to be. An embarrassment to humanity.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:11 AM
    Liked 19,961 Times in 11,468 Posts

Conn. Democrats propose new state police department to combat 'far-right' extremism

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Friday, January 24, 2020

Connecticut Democrats in the state’s Senate have proposed creating a new state police department that would be tasked with specifically combating “far-right” extremism.

The proposal, which was unveiled Wednesday as part of the state Senate Democrats’ “A Just Connecticut” agenda, would publicly fund a new state police department that specializes in investigating “far-right extremist groups and individuals,” according to a news release.

Senate President Pro Tem Martin Looney said the proposal is aimed at combating “potential” hate crimes but stressed that his caucus has no intention of persecuting people for their political beliefs, the Hartford Courant reported.

“Unfortunately, people who entertain hateful beliefs … are protected as long as [those beliefs] don’t result in hate-crime actions. That’s what we’re talking about,” Mr. Looney told reporters Wednesday. “We want to be more aggressive in enforcing our laws and identifying likely sources of potential domestic terrorism acts against religious institutions and ethnic institutions.”

Senate Minority Leader Len Fasano, a Republican, said there is “strong bipartisan support against any type of terrorism” but he took issue with the proposal only mentioning right-wing extremism.

“When they put a right-wing label on extremism, they do that to elicit a political response,” he said, the Hartford Courant reported.

PJ Media noted that federal authorities in recent years classified activities by antifa, the left-wing militant movement, as “domestic terrorist violence.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ce-department/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Total hunch but I think Klobuchar surprises and gets 12% in Iowa and Wareen is similar in a surprise. This likely guarantees Warren win, but just a bunch as I think awarrens message on woman is well received but her ego and attacks are repelled. That should create voter movement to Klobuchar who has a great ground game. Warren has a great event staff but bad ground and advance teams

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Watch: CNN's Don Lemon laughs until he cries as pundits portray Trump supporters as stupid hicks

https://www.theblaze.com/news/watch-...s-stupid-hicks

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:11 AM
    Liked 19,961 Times in 11,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Watch: CNN's Don Lemon laughs until he cries as pundits portray Trump supporters as stupid hicks

Keep it up, idiots.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

02.24.20 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 11,681 Times in 6,457 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post

Classy. Funny how the same conduct directed at them always hurts their feelings somehow and causes a major stink.

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

NYT: “IOWA SHOULD NEVER GO FIRST,” IT’S “AMONG THE COUNTRY’S WHITEST STATES”

“We’re better than the rest of you, and we deserve special treatment forever” sounds like a perfect summation of the core beliefs of everyone who works at the New York Times.

New York Times columnist and Yale grad David Leonhardt is sick and tired of rural folks in Iowa with “white privilege” oppressing coastal elites like himself by having a say in how the country is run.

https://www.infowars.com/nyt-iowa-sh...hitest-states/