Page 461 of 469 FirstFirst ... 361411451458459460461462463464 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 7028
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 07:39 AM
    Liked 21,481 Times in 12,464 Posts

Charlamagne tha God on Biden’s ‘You Ain’t Black’ Comment: ‘I Want Something for My People,’ Not Just Fear

Joshua Caplan 22 May 2020

Breakfast Club co-host Charlamagne tha God on Friday reacted to former Vice President Joe Biden’s controversial statement — “if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black” — by saying “fear” is no substitute for a platform that will help black Americans.

“We have been loyal to Democrats for a long time, black people have invested a lot into that party and the return on investment has not been great,” Charlamagne told Mediaite. “As Biden said in our brief interview when I asked him if Dems owe the black community ABSOLUTELY was his answer. So let’s see what you got!!! Votes are Quid Pro Quo. You can’t possibly want me to Fear Trump MORE than I want something for my people.”

Earlier Friday, Biden declared Friday that if black Americans cannot decide whether to back him over President Trump, “then you ain’t black.”

Biden made the unsolicited racially-charged comment as he wrapped his virtual interview with The Breakfast Club.

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” Biden said to Charlamagne, not in response to a question, but after the radio host’s remark: “It’s a long way until November, we’ve got more questions.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...im-over-trump/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

Today @ 07:48 AM
    Liked 12,992 Times in 7,261 Posts

Premium Member

Charlamagne tha God... what the living fuck???

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Thumbs up

BET co-founder blasts Biden over comments on black voters: 'Arrogant and out-of-touch attitude'

9 minutes ago

BET co-founder Robert L. Johnson had a blistering reaction to Joe Biden's remarks that have sparked accusations of racism regarding how black Americans vote in the upcoming election.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee raised eyebrows during an interview with Charlamagne tha God on the radio show "The Breakfast Club" as he defended his record with the black community.

“I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” Biden said

Johnson slammed the former vice president and suggested he apologize to "every black person he meets."

"Vice President Biden’s statement today represents the arrogant and out-of-touch attitude of a paternalistic white candidate who has the audacity to tell Black people, the descendants of slaves, that they are not Black unless they vote for him," Johnson told Fox News. "This proves unequivocally that the Democratic nominee believes that Black people owe him their vote without question; even though, we as Black people know it is exactly the opposite. He should spend the rest of his campaign apologizing to every Black person he meets."

Later Friday, Biden walked back those remarks during a conversation with black business leaders, stopping short of a full apology.

"I've never ever taken the African-American community for granted, had their support ... I shouldn't have been such a wise guy. I shouldn't have been so cavalier," Biden said. "I don't take it for granted at all, and no one, no one should have to vote for any party, based on their race or religion or background."

This walk back is a shift from what the statement Biden campaign senior adviser Symone Sanders issued earlier in the day, insisting that Biden's remarks were "in jest."

Biden's remarks sparked condemnation from the Trump campaign, Republican lawmakers, and supporters of his former primary competitor Sen. Bernie Sanders.

However, it's unclear whether some prominent black groups will weigh in on the controversy. Fox News has reached out to the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus for comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bet-fo...ack-voters.amp

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Diddy Rips Biden After V.P. Says Voters ‘Ain’t Black’: ‘#BlackVoteAintFree’

David Ng 22 May 2020

Rap and fashion mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs went after Joe Biden following the Democratic candidate’s “you ain’t black” comment made during an interview on The Breakfast Club radio show.

Combs posted a tweet in which he chastised the Democratic presidential candidate for assuming that black people will automatically vote for him. “I already told you the #BlackVoteAintFree,” the rapper tweeted.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Herschel Walker Blasts Biden for Comments on Black Voters: ‘You Don’t Determine Who We Vote For’

Dylan Gwinn 22 May 2020

College football and NFL legend Herschel Walker ripped former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday, after the Democrat nominee said that black people confused about who to vote for, “ain’t black.”

During a Friday interview on The Breakfast Club, Biden told host Charlamagne tha God that if black people were “confused” about whether to vote for him or Trump, then they “ain’t black.”

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” Biden said to Charlamagne.

Walker took to Twitter and let the former Veep know that “black and brown skinned people can think for themselves.”

Reaction to Biden’s remarks were quick and severe. By mid-afternoon, Biden said he regretted the comment.

“I should not have been so cavalier. I’ve never, never, ever taken the African American community for granted,” Biden said during a call with black business leaders, according to CBS News reporter Ed O’Keefe.

“I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy,” Biden offered. “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier. No one should have to vote for any party based on their race, their religion, their background.”

To black Republican Senator Tim Scott, however, the comments were not that easily explained away.

“I thought to myself, as an African American, been black for 54 years, I was struck by the condescension and the arrogance in his comments,” Scott said during a conference call. “I could not believe my ears that he would stoop so low to tell folks what they should do, how they should think, and what it means to be black.”

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...o-we-vote-for/

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Georgia Democrat Vernon Jones to Biden: ‘You’re Not Entitled to Black Support’

Georgia State Representative Vernon Jones, an African American Democrat, t0ld Joe Biden that he was not “entitled” to black support after the former vice president said black voters who were not sure who to vote for in the upcoming presidential election “ain’t black.”

“I’ve been black all my life. But I’ve never been anyone’s property, especially not @JoeBiden,” Jones tweeted. “You’re not entitled to black support, Joe. You haven’t even earned it.”

He added in a video statement with his tweet:

You ain’t black? See, first of all, I have a problem with his choice of language. And secondly, this is a prime example of how liberal Democrats, they love to dictate the way black people should think.

Well, you know what? I have a message for Joe Biden. Let me be clear about one thing. I ain’t voting for you but I am black. And I am voting for President Donald J. Trump. You got me Joe Biden and those other liberals who think you can think for us? Now we’re not black if we don’t vote for you? What an insult.

Jones’s comment came after Biden on Friday morning told popular radio show host Charlamagne tha God on The Breakfast Club that if still did not know who to vote for, then “you ain’t black.”

Biden’s comments stoked criticism from across the political spectrum — from African Americans listeners, prominent African American musicians such as Diddy, and conservative African American pundits and politicians.

Jones is a Democrat but came out earlier this year in support of President Donald Trump’s reelection, citing Trump’s actions to help the black community such as criminal justice reform, unemployment, and support for historically black colleges and universities. After backlash from Democrats, he announced he would resign. However, he changed his mind about resigning after being embraced by conservatives.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...black-support/

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

FNC’s Faulkner: Biden’s Comments ‘More Than Just a Little Offensive’ – I’ve Fought This Notion ‘My Whole Life’

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Outnumbered,” co-host Harris Faulkner criticized 2020 Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden for his remarks about black voters by stating that the remarks are “more than just a little offensive.” And “I’ve been fighting against this notion that you’re not black enough unless you think a certain way, you vote a certain way, you speak a certain way, you do certain things, my whole life.”

Faulkner said, “I’ve been fighting against this notion that you’re not black enough unless you think a certain way, you vote a certain way, you speak a certain way, you do certain things, my whole life. I grew up military. Pretty much neutral along the zone of, can we all just get along no matter what we look like? I have biracial daughters, Melissa, you know them. This is more than just a little offensive. It is shortsighted. It is a blind spot for this former vice president.”

John James: Biden’s ‘You Ain’t Black’ Comment ‘Pathetic’ — ‘Carry Hot Sauce in Your Purse Next Time’

Michigan U.S. Senate candidate John James blasted Joe Biden on Friday after the Democrat presidential frontrunner claimed “you ain’t black” if black Americans support President Donald Trump.

“Vice President Biden, with all due respect, your latest comments are both pathetic and hurtful,” he said in a video shared to social media.

“I think in a civil discourse, we can have our disagreements on politics, but you challenging me, and millions of other people out there on their blackness. Descendants of slaves, from you,” he said, pointing at the camera.

“You’re embarrassing yourself, Mr. Vice President. Should you even be running for President in a Democratic Party that says they’re for black people?” he said.

“Do you really believe that black people are owned by the Democratic Party? Do you really believe that a black person who doesn’t vote for you is therefore not legitimately black?” James continued.

“Have you forgotten that the Republican Party was started in opposition of the Democratic Party that thought it was okay to own people?” he said.

“I am a man, Mr. Vice President,” James declared.

“Too many people have died to have the right to think and vote for myself, but I wonder if Sen. Peters agrees with you,” he said, referring to U.S. Sen. Gary Peters, James’ likely opponent.

“I bet he does. When I get a chance to debate him, I think I’ll ask,” he said.

Breitbart News sought comment from Peters’ office, and it was not immediately returned.

James said Biden should think “long and hard” about what he said.

“And also, your use of the word ‘ain’t.’ You should also make sure you carry hot sauce in your purse next time,” he ended.

That dig was in reference to a 2016 incident where Hillary Clinton told The Breakfast Club — the same program where Biden made his now-infamous statement — that she carries hot sauce in her purse, a remark widely seen as pandering to the black hosts.

Last Online

Today @ 12:13 AM
    Liked 1,437 Times in 783 Posts

Premium Member

At least Biden already apologized for the "ain't Black" comment:

"Presumptive Democratic Presidential candidate Joe Biden says he regrets his comment to radio host Charlamagne Tha God that if you support President Trump “then you ain’t black.” I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy. I shouldn’t have been so cavalier,” Biden said. "No one should have to vote for any party based on their race, religion or background."

Compared to the daily jaw dropping gaffs from our boy Trump, Biden's got a long way to go before coming within even the same Universe in terms of outrageous quips.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

TB, Biden has decades of improper comments like this. Especially on race.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Liked 2,049 Times in 775 Posts

Excuse me, Holmes?

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,817 Times in 4,499 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    Excuse me, Holmes?

“See where the sign says ribbed tip?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 7,461 Times in 3,883 Posts

I do wonder what the Democratic party gives to the African American community for their support? I get it that yes some Republicans are racist. There are racists every where. That said, why is it that despite their devotion, that the one ethnic group that trails far behind every is the black community? You would think with their power in the Democratic party, they would get a better return on investment? Now I don't discount that with lip service, the Democrat platform caters to the African American community. Year after year a candidate will single them out and promise to take care of them. However year after year the community stays stagnant or even falls further behind.

I know the argument is "well systematic racism. They were recently freed in 1865 and had to encounter decades worth of discrimination and only until the 60's were they truly free." Ok to a degree however what about other races which the Democrats don't go "all in" with? The Latino community has been discriminated against for quite some time. While there obviously are some issues still to overcome there, you don't hear about a party latching onto them. Not in my lifetime. They simply just overcame the obstacles without much help from a party.

Same with Asians. They were mocked for as long as they have been here. How many kids used to slant their eyes as a kid. Heck we have an entire cuisine called "Chinese Food" yet we can can't call a virus "Chinese Virus" Nobody outside of San Francisco politicians ever catered to that ethnic group yet today they make more money than the evil whites. Same with Indian, Pakistani, etc You don't think they ever been discriminated? Shit they were part of the British Empire until after WW2. Forced into service, discriminated against, etc. Does a party cater to them? No in fact some of them probably have had a tough time post 9-11. Higher standard of living with them as well.

At some point people need to really question what do the Democrats actually do for the African American community? Where is the ROI for their devotion? I mean its like the devotion to Republicans for being fiscally conservative. Maybe in years past they were but today they spend spend spend. If you are truly interested in fiscal conservatism, you probably are wondering why you vote GOP? Rightfully so. They are not practicing what they preach and in reality what is the Democratic party doing for their black vote? Besides the lip service.

I just don't get it. I do get their message is better with the community but after 50 or 60 years with no results, maybe its time to think differently

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Today @ 06:29 AM
    Liked 1,994 Times in 782 Posts

Donor

I always loved his comment that poor kids are just as smart as white kids.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: