Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 06:43 AM
    Liked 4,063 Times in 2,477 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    That's a dumb comment by Hannity.
    I thought so too and I heard it with my own ears. Carl Rove went off! Pelosi is one of the most wealthy in Congress. She has power and she will only tell you about the legislation after they vote on it.
    Last edited by edwardv; 11.30.16 at 12:15 PM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

11.29.19 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 1,470 Times in 888 Posts

Since we aren't a democracy and that doesn't matter, they might not want to follow your plan.

A- Fix the gerrymandering. This will improve their numbers in the House and also in state legislatures.
    B- They have a majority of voters, but they still need to increase turn and/or change minds in swing states. New leadership would hopefully have some new ideas on making that goal a reality.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    That's why they want illegals to be able to vote. If you can't have new ideas, get new voters.
    Please keep harping on this bullshit.

Don't worry, with Trump in the Oval Office, GOP controlled congress, and an Attorney General who doesn't support what's left of the Voting Rights Act, it will be made a lot harder for people who don't vote GOP to be allowed to vote.

If you don't have a good idea, just make it harder for your opposition to vote.
    MAGA

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 2,948 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Not sure what they will do. I think they are putting all their eggs into Trump imploding (a definite possibility) so that anybody looks good as with their leadership. The problem they have is who are the young Democrats who will take this party over from Clinton, Kerry, Pelosi, Reid, etc? Sure you have I guess Michelle Obama out there but that is really it. Maybe that New Jersey guy. I forgot his name but he was Mayor or something? At least with the Republican party they have younger people in leadership roles or in Congress that people can identify with. Rubio, Cruz, Ryan for instance.

What is Pelosi going to bring different that she did against Bush?
    Trump imploding......I read something where they were talking about how the constitution having an automatic impeachment clause

25th amendment article 4 section 4 allows the Vice President and a majority of the cabinet to declare the President incompetent to discharge the duties of the office

in which case the vice President becomes the President. until the President becomes competent and appeals the declaration I believe it was what they used when Reagan was shot.....and also for GW's colonoscopy LOL....but Trump might be more careful about putting his former enemies in cabinet positions!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 2,948 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TJENZ View Post
    A- Fix the gerrymandering. This will improve their numbers in the House and also in state legislatures.
    B- They have a majority of voters, but they still need to increase turn and/or change minds in swing states. New leadership would hopefully have some new ideas on making that goal a reality.
    you have to energize your voting base to get out the vote.

so who is vying for DNC chair?

Minnesotas Keith Ellison? not going to get those centrists they need
    Howard Dean? HEYYAAAAAAH
    Martin O Malley
    New Hampshire party chair Ray Buckley....not a clue who this guy is
    labor secretery Tom Perez a Hillary surrogate

there has to be someone out there...biden says he has no interest

and they say Obama has no interest and I get that as this is the time when big dollar book deals and speaking fees start racking up
    but I think no matter what he will be the de facto leader and anyone else is going to be second tier

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 06:43 AM
    Liked 4,063 Times in 2,477 Posts

Premium Member

You know Martin Omalley and Pelosi have ties to the same political machine in Maryland.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.29.19 @ 04:27 AM
    Liked 1,305 Times in 676 Posts

Don't worry, with Trump in the Oval Office, GOP controlled congress, and an Attorney General who doesn't support what's left of the Voting Rights Act, it will be made a lot harder for people who don't vote GOP to be allowed to vote.

MAGA
    You must do yoga. That's one hell of a stretch.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

Evergreen post.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 06:10 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,484 Posts

MAGA
    So please tell me how are people unable to vote?

I mean where or when is it that people show up and are turned away because they are card carrying Democrats According to this, it appears that the vast majority of polling stations are open over 12 hours

https://ballotpedia.org/State_Poll_O...g_Times_(2016)

Now I know you will retort with "well there are not enough voting stations in the inner city. People have to stand in line....." Ok stand in line. You work an 8 hour day, two hours for commute and some states have laws allowing people to take paid time off from work. Most don't but most seem to have laws that if there is conflict you can take unpaid time off.

http://www.findlaw.com/voting-rights-law.html

If that doesn't work, then there is this thing called absentee ballot. Oh yeah there is early voting too.

I am failing to see how people can't vote. I mean if I want to vote by mail. I can. If I want to vote early, I can. If I want to use a 12 hour block of time to vote, I can. Are there reports that absentee ballots from certain area codes just go missing?

Oh you probably will bring up that many people in the inner cities don't have transportation. Sure seems to me that in about every city I have lived in, there is public transportation. Far more than in the suburbs where whitey lives. So I don't see why it would be so hard if you needed to go to a voting booth a mile away, you just can't get on the bus to get most likely dropped right in front

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 26,891 Times in 13,567 Posts

Democrats have a majority of the voters in urban centers in highly populated states. You can stuff more and more people in California and New York, but the number of electoral college votes will remain roughly the same.

You can win 90% of the vote in California instead of 60%, and it will still net the same results.

Both Bill and Barack told her not to just concentrate on urban centers, and she didn't listen to them...I mean what the fuck do they know about winning national elections, right?
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

13. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 09:30 PM
    Liked 2,314 Times in 1,568 Posts

Watch out, he knows Karate.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 08:15 PM
    Liked 1,426 Times in 870 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I'll say this about Democrats going forward. You have to ask yourselves if calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist is a winning strategy going forward. It's been going on for years. Now, post-Obama, Republicans have both houses in Congress, the White House, will be appointing SCOTUS justices, and have over 30 Governor's offices and over 30 legislatures in the states. If the plan, as it seems so far, is to double down on 'racist,' I think you may want to rethink that.
    What people fail to see is the hundreds, yes hundreds of liberal judges that have been appointed to the lower federal courts.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1,896 Times in 1,009 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    y
    Howard Dean? HEYYAAAAAAH
    Looking back on it, that poor guy got railroaded. Goodnesss forbid, you show some enthusiasm. It's not like he gave that speech at the UN, he was in front of his equally raucous supporters.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 18,954 Times in 10,842 Posts

Not sure why. Ryan is not a popular with the voters. If you're saying Ryan will stop being the next Boehner because of Trump's win, then yeah. Ryan can go duck himself with a pogo stick.

As for the Democratic party, it will take an uprising from their voters similar to what happened to the Republicans.

FAT CHANCE.

The party machine WILL NOT change. That Soros grip is firm and they have no desire to loosen it.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 18,954 Times in 10,842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Looking back on it, that poor guy got railroaded. Goodnesss forbid, you show some enthusiasm. It's not like he gave that speech at the UN, he was in front of his equally raucous supporters.
    His behavior since then proved that he has no business being in government.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: