Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

Default New Smithsonian hails accuser Anita Hill, barely mentions Clarence Thomas

The new Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History and Culture treats conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas like a mere footnote while heralding the woman who accused him of sexual harassment, Anita Hill.

Twenty-five years ago, Thomas became the second black Supreme Court Justice when he succeeded Thurgood Marshall, the first black justice.

Neither man's accomplishments as jurists on the high court get as much attention as Hill, though Marshall's work on a landmark case as a lawyer is recognized.

http://circa.com/politics/people/sup...american-histo
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 864 Times in 596 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    The new Smithsonian National Museum of African-American History and Culture treats conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas like a mere footnote while heralding the woman who accused him of sexual harassment, Anita Hill.

Twenty-five years ago, Thomas became the second black Supreme Court Justice when he succeeded Thurgood Marshall, the first black justice.

Neither man's accomplishments as jurists on the high court get as much attention as Hill, though Marshall's work on a landmark case as a lawyer is recognized.

http://circa.com/politics/people/sup...american-histo
    Maybe I'm wrong for thinking "why do we need a museum of "African American" history?" I guess I understand what they are trying to do, but to me it comes off as segregation. "African American" history should be in the same museum as "European American" history and "Asian American" history - it's all American history as far as I'm concerned.

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Hang 'Em High Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 10:02 PM
    Liked 5,654 Times in 2,890 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong for thinking "why do we need a museum of "African American" history?" I guess I understand what they are trying to do, but to me it comes off as segregation. "African American" history should be in the same museum as "European American" history and "Asian American" history - it's all American history as far as I'm concerned.
    We don't need African American history month either.

You cannot get rid of racism by continuing to point out people's race. While the idea of these things may be noble, they continue to point out people's different race, and that in and of itself is racist.

Besides, racism doesn't exist anyway. Regardless of skin pigmentation we are all part of the human race. The same as red heads, blondes, and brunettes are.
    I don't always listen to hard rock, but when I do, I prefer Van Halen. Stay Frosty my friends.