Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Well,

I have not posted in this part of the forum because of the lack of "good news" or "substantial" news in the past 2+ years. However, I think this would be a good time to recap, make comments, and other observations of what has happened not only in the soap known as VH, but the music industry as a whole.

When we last left VH...

The year was 1998, and VH just release the ill-gotten album entitled, VHIII. Shortly after the poor reception, and lack of sales Van Halen dumped Gary Cherone and the rumors began to swirl. Was Dave coming back to record the follow up? Would Sammy return to be the 4th Singer? Worst of all, would we get Sa-bitching Bach, that screaming anal-retentive reject from Skid Row to sing for Van Halen? Who knew? Days slowly became months, and months became years. Most of all nobody knew what the hell has become of these musical heroes. We hear Eddie had cancer, we hear Eddie kicked cancer. We hear that there is a ton of material recorded, and we hear that there were/are three elusive tracks recorded with Dave. Most of all we hear deafening silence.

Before we know it, three whole years pass us by and the interest of the band declined sharply. The once mighty VH became the band that people remembered in their faded memories, almost like Tommy Tutone. Nobody except the hard core VH fans really cared about the day to day happenings in the world of VH. Furthermore, the music industry has changed so much, that bands like VH are now eclipsed by boy bands such as N-Stink, and the Backside Boys. To make matters worse, tragedy strikes on our home turf with terrorists which makes VH seem to even less important than before.

I guess what I am trying to say that VH’s time is over, and while I am sad to see the band go like so many others, out with a whimper nonetheless, maybe it is best that they end it now instead of dragging it out much longer. Van Halen’s issues and problems at this point seem trivial with what is going on in the world, and etc. And while if they did ever get their act together and record an album, I would be delighted, although I don’t think it would set the world afire like 1984 or any other prior album. Ultimately the boys: Eddie, Alex, Mike, and Dave (and/or Sammy) have been the victims to their own stupidity. And in the end, while they may not need to work ever again, they lost their legitimacy with their fans for screwing them around. So with this, I would like to say R.I.P Van Halen, 1978-2002… You provided us with some awesome memories, yet like the late George Harrison once said, “All Things Must Pass.” Goodbye VH…

-Bostonian

[ February 10, 2002 at 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Bostonian ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Nice post Bostonian. Where's your sig line from?
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Even though my heart says, 'yes, they will be back', my mind lately has been saying....'they are gone and not coming back'.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well put Bostonian. I, too am finally seeing that they are lost and gone forever. maybe that is what they want. WHO THE FUCK KNOWS since they aren't saying. It is kind of like they have simply turned their backs on us. Well, ya know what, I am about tired of the no news thing. This, coming from one that has been saying patience for way fucking too long.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

R.I.P.
    "Oh come on mom. You know I'm not like the other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose."-WALDO-

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary walked out, he was not dumped!!!
    "Jebe Ga"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Raldo:
    Even though my heart says, 'yes, they will be back', my mind lately has been saying....'they are gone and not coming back'.
    very well said. i feel the same.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I guess the longer the silence drags on the harder it is to envision Van Halen coming back. At this point I hold no expectations with the band. If they make another album and tour-FUCKIN AWESOME-if not well I guess we have th memories to keep the band alive not to mention 13 good albums.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by BEZEK KNOWS BEST:
    Gary walked out, he was not dumped!!!
    I heard that he took a dump. Then walked!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

EUX,

My sig is from the Aerosmith song "No Surprise" from 1979's album "Night in the Ruts".
    As for VH, the more and more the lay down silient, well the less likely we're going to see them come out of this. Now, VH doesn't owe us dick, with one exception, the courtesy call it quits in public. Otherwise, it's done, because they really have taken away the joy of waiting for a new album, and cranking it. They've made a band with so much energy and passion into the laughing stock of rock and roll. Most of all, they (VH the band) have ruined their creditability. Why would ANY record label want to sign a band of washed up bickering old ladies, when they can focus on bands that are still producing material, and not waste.

-Bostonian