Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
  1. #1
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    04.16.10
    Age
    26
    Posts
    226
    Last Online

    04.18.18 @ 06:10 PM
    Likes
    12
    Liked 42 Times in 24 Posts

    Default 2nd Cherone album, where did the songs go?

    Where did the songs from the 2nd Cherone album go? Apparently some songs were later used for Tribe Of Judah and maybe one turned into It's About Time, but I can't find the information.

  2. #2
    Good Enough DRFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.04.15
    Posts
    1,979
    Favorite VH Album

    1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    04.19.18 @ 07:17 AM
    Likes
    1,042
    Liked 2,202 Times in 1,032 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    The current lineup recorded 35 songs just five years ago and only released 13 of them and you want to know what happened to VH3b?

  3. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:


  4. #3
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    04.16.10
    Age
    26
    Posts
    226
    Last Online

    04.18.18 @ 06:10 PM
    Likes
    12
    Liked 42 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFC View Post
    The current lineup recorded 35 songs just five years ago and only released 13 of them and you want to know what happened to VH3b?
    Yes, I don't like the current lineup.

    My question is not what Eddie did with the songs, but only which songs were later used in other projects.

  5. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  6. #4
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,628
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,364
    Liked 6,657 Times in 3,317 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    There's a picture floating around of the 2nd album track listing somewhere. I saw it once. I do remember one of the songs was a comical name.

  7. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  8. #5
    Hot For Teacher joezlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    236
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    02.19.18 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    55
    Liked 141 Times in 84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    There's a picture floating around of the 2nd album track listing somewhere. I saw it once. I do remember one of the songs was a comical name.
    Its About Time
    Trouble With Never
    China Town.
    Maybe Part of As Is.

    There's an article from the inside talking about the camp working on stuff and it could very well be describing the above for mentioned. Gary even said, I think with Eddie Trunk, that he had heard of of the stuff off ADKOT

  9. #6
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    40,056
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    04.19.18 @ 08:40 AM
    Likes
    3,888
    Liked 20,059 Times in 9,958 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I'd rather listen to my dog farting into a kazoo than another Cherone fronted VH album.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  11. #7
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.05.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,827
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

    04.18.18 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    1,349
    Liked 824 Times in 447 Posts

    Default

    ...just looked this up from Issue #15 of The Inside:

    Rock and Roll Cliche
    I Want Her Anyway
    More Than Yesterday
    Love Again
    Miss You Much
    You Wear It Well
    Say Uncle
    River wide
    Left for Dead
    That's Why I Love Ya (different version)

    ...I know there's a discussion thread around here somewhere which details ALL of the unreleased music through the years and which parts of what songs ended up where...probably within the last year, if I remember.

    Just poke around the VHLinks seedy underbelly a little. You'll find it.

  12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  13. #8
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.05.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,827
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

    04.18.18 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    1,349
    Liked 824 Times in 447 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I'd rather listen to my dog farting into a kazoo than another Cherone fronted VH album.

    I dunno, DD...

    While I'm certainly no VHIII apologist, I also don't think the album is the complete abortion that the torch and pitchfork crew around here professes it to be.

    We all know EXACTLY where the shortcomings were with that project. That said, given the fact that Ed's in a FAR better headspace, and putting the right producer and engineer in place so that Ed can just write and play, I'd be willing to give that combo a second chance...


    Now, if Ed only has ONE MORE album in him, a Gary project is the solid #3 choice.


  14. #9
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    32,953
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.19.18 @ 08:44 AM
    Likes
    12,570
    Liked 18,247 Times in 10,377 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hubs View Post
    I dunno, DD...

    While I'm certainly no VHIII apologist, I also don't think the album is the complete abortion that the torch and pitchfork crew around here professes it to be.

    We all know EXACTLY where the shortcomings were with that project. That said, given the fact that Ed's in a FAR better headspace, and putting the right producer and engineer in place so that Ed can just write and play, I'd be willing to give that combo a second chance...


    Now, if Ed only has ONE MORE album in him, a Gary project is the solid #3 choice.
    #3 behind Hillary and Trump?
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  15. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  16. #10
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    20,281
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    04.19.18 @ 02:41 AM
    Likes
    14,505
    Liked 12,777 Times in 7,174 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I'd rather listen to my dog farting into a kazoo than another Cherone fronted VH album.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Gary/Eddie did not and does not work. That album blew.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  17. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  18. #11
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    32,953
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.19.18 @ 08:44 AM
    Likes
    12,570
    Liked 18,247 Times in 10,377 Posts

    Default

    Does anybody besides this guy disagree?

    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  19. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  20. #12
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    50
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,138
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    04.19.18 @ 05:12 AM
    Likes
    2,850
    Liked 2,901 Times in 1,460 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Where did the songs from the 2nd Cherone album go? Apparently some songs were later used for Tribe Of Judah and maybe one turned into It's About Time, but I can't find the information.
    It became one of the "Ten Albums".


  21. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  22. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,957
    Last Online

    04.16.18 @ 03:32 PM
    Likes
    863
    Liked 1,240 Times in 454 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hubs View Post
    ...just looked this up from Issue #15 of The Inside:

    Rock and Roll Cliche
    I Want Her Anyway
    More Than Yesterday
    Love Again
    Miss You Much
    You Wear It Well
    Say Uncle
    River wide
    Left for Dead
    That's Why I Love Ya (different version)

    ...I know there's a discussion thread around here somewhere which details ALL of the unreleased music through the years and which parts of what songs ended up where...probably within the last year, if I remember.

    Just poke around the VHLinks seedy underbelly a little. You'll find it.


    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

  23. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  24. #14
    Forum Frontman Double Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,911
    Favorite VH Album

    ('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

    11.17.17 @ 11:11 AM
    Likes
    538
    Liked 1,036 Times in 545 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joezlo View Post
    Trouble With Never
    China Town.
    Maybe Part of As Is.

    There's an article from the inside talking about the camp working on stuff and it could very well be describing the above for mentioned. Gary even said, I think with Eddie Trunk, that he had heard of of the stuff off ADKOT
    Those songs are credited as being originals for ADKOT. If Cherone heard a few riffs before he left that doesn't mean they were songs ready for VH3 part 2. Which thank god never happened.
    .
    .
    .
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

  25. #15
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    44
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    35,394
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    04.19.18 @ 08:30 AM
    Likes
    1,472
    Liked 7,532 Times in 4,209 Posts

    Default

    i would have been interested in what a 2nd album would have sounded like. Certainly better than the nothing we got for the decade that followed.

  26. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Which songs on each album ...
    By I Coulda Hada VH in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06.09.15, 08:29 PM
  2. Cherone and Hagar on new album
    By Jesus H Christ in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 329
    Last Post: 03.08.12, 12:06 PM
  3. There are NO old songs on the new album!
    By Fat Cabernet in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01.17.12, 03:52 AM
  4. Is the new Gary Cherone album available in stores?
    By YankeeRose in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11.07.05, 04:22 AM
  5. Two Best Songs Off Each Album:
    By BrokenCombs in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12.21.00, 03:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •