10.26.16 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 6,043 Times in 3,284 Posts

Premium Member

Thumbs up The Flight 93 Election

Long article that's worth the read.

The Flight 93 Election

By: Publius Decius Mus
    September 5, 2016

2016 is the Flight 93 election: charge the cockpit or you die. You may die anyway. You—or the leader of your party—may make it into the cockpit and not know how to fly or land the plane. There are no guarantees.

Except one: if you don’t try, death is certain. To compound the metaphor: a Hillary Clinton presidency is Russian Roulette with a semi-auto. With Trump, at least you can spin the cylinder and take your chances.

Read the rest
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 07:10 AM
    Liked 878 Times in 513 Posts

Im charging the cockpit. Great read and pretty much sums up where I am at.

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

10.25.16 @ 07:42 AM
    Liked 853 Times in 527 Posts

Premium Member

Todd Beamer was (at one time) an avid Judo player. Back when I was 16 years old. I spent 6 weeks in Belgium, France, Amsterdam, and Luxembourg with him and a team of 15 other Judo players. While most of us partied and enjoyed running around like drunken crazy Americans--he took it seriously. I don't remember where he placed in the tournaments but I know it was up there in score.
    When I heard on the news bout Flight 93 and "Let's Roll" I was like right on--Americans going down with a fight. Then, a week or two later, the news reported his name was Todd Beamer. Talk about blown away, I checked all the notes and score cards and pictures of the 6 weeks in the Belgian area and sure enough. It was him. It made me sad but proud all at the same time. Still does really. On occasion, I have wanted to reach out to his family and tell them about how dedicated to the sport of Judo he was when we where kids. But, I realize (IMHO) it would probably be best to let the past be the past. I wouldn't wanna bring up this type of thing being a stranger to his wife and kids. I just couldn't stand to hurt them in any way and I just don't have a clue how they would react to this type of info.
    Last edited by evhintexas; 09.08.16 at 11:55 AM.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”