Premium Member

Default Misfits

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:47 AM
    Liked 1,224 Times in 444 Posts

Danzig To Sue Everyone On Earth

You’ve probably heard of him before. He’s part wolf, part lion, part ubermensch. He is possibly the most evolved being in human history. He is Glenn Danzig and He is suing you.

In a stunning declaration of war against the entire human race, Glenn Danzig has filed a lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court against over seven billion human beings. Danzig, who is acting as his own attorney, claimed in one of the over 40 billion documents brought into court by an entire fleet of Federal Express trucks that “He has been done wrong by everyone including Misfits bassist Jerry Only, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, actor Eli Wallach, NFL quarterback Sam Bradford, Frank Oz (the voice of Yoda) and everyone else on this godforsaken planet.”

While some of the suits have been thrown out by the Court as frivolous, over two and a half billion cases will be heard over the next five centuries. Danzig, who is immortal and has over 35,000 defense points (ten times as many as Snorlax), plans to argue each case “with the passion and burning rage of a thousand suns”.

Judge Marvin Barnes labeled many of the suits “patently absurd and possibly indicative of a severe break with reality that could signify mental illness”. For example, Danzig attempted to sue everyone in the country of Azerbaijan for erecting statues in his honor without properly compensating him for the use of his likeness.

His lawsuit against the 1.6 billion citizens of the People’s Republic of China for building thousands of environmentally hazardous coal plants without consulting Him or giving Him proper credit for the invention of coal was also considered not worthy of the Court’s time.

Barnes begrudgingly agreed to hear 2.5 billion lawsuits because he “greatly admired Danzig’s first four solo albums and even a few songs by Samhain.” Danzig’s five hundred thousand dollar suit against Carol Mosley, a tax accountant in Boise, Idaho, for listening to “How The Gods Kill” without headbanging during the part where the song gets really heavy will go forward.

His 1.2 million dollar suit against Edward Callahan, a construction worker in Sacramento, California, when, in 2011, Callahan laughed hysterically at Danzig’s famed discussion of his book collection where He talks about the crimes of Jesus, clay people and the occult roots of Nazism will also see its day in court.

Danzig’s six hundred million dollar claim against The Tyranny of Tradition for implying that he gave birth to identical twin girls, a suit that would bankrupt myself and my progeny for the next three thousand years, is also proceeding. Danzig also plans to sue this website for having to waste time filing a lawsuit. Finally, Danzig will sue this site for having to file a lawsuit about filing a lawsuit; again wasting valuable time he could be using writing songs about being the nephew of the Devil and his general disdain for having been born.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

10.18.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 146 Times in 101 Posts

You've unleashed the Fury!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:38 AM
    Liked 11,166 Times in 6,148 Posts

Premium Member

Watch MISFITS Feat. GLENN DANZIG, JERRY ONLY And DOYLE Perform At Denver's RIOT FEST

September 4, 2016

]

The classic-era lineup of the horror punk outfit MISFITS — Glenn Danzig, Jerry Only and Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein — reunited for first time since 1983 Sunday night (September 4) to headline this year's Riot Fest.

The reunion, billed as "The Original Misfits," took place at at Denver's Riot Fest And Rodeo. Joining Glenn, Jerry and Doyle at the show was drummer Dave Lombardo (SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES).

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below.

Another MISFITS reunion show will happen at Riot Fest And Carnival on September 18 in Chicago.

According to Only, the reunion came about after a meeting he had with Danzig in January. The pair had gotten together with the MISFITS management in order to discuss the rights to the band's name and merchandising with a view towards avoiding any further litigation between the parties.

Glenn didn't rule out more dates after the Riot Fest shows, saying: "We'll see how it goes. It may lead to some other work, but who knows how it's going to turn out? I mean, I don't think it's going to be a disaster; I think it's going to be incredible."

Regarding what fans can expect to see at the upcoming MISFITS concerts, Danzig said: "I'm just going to do what I normally do, which is to go out there and try and have a great time myself and make sure everybody has a fantastic fucking time. I want them to be so blown away they don't know what the fuck just hit them."

The original MISFITS band broke up in 1983, and bassist Jerry Only brought forth a new version of the MISFITS in 1995. Various members have come and gone, but Only, along with BLACK FLAG's Dez Cadena, has kept some form of the MISFITS in the recording studio and on the road for most of the last two decades.
    [/B]

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.18.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 517 Times in 269 Posts

I blew off seeing The Misfits back in the beginning of the 80's, always hearing they were crap live (despite seeing plenty of other punk bands like Fear, X, etc). Didn't get into their music until Danzig went solo later that decade, grew to love a lot of their stuff, got the Coffin Box set, blah blah blah. Now, they're a bucket list band and based on the Riot Fest clips and feedback, seem to still bring it. Supposedly, they may do a few shows on the East Coast late this year and one in LA, maybe at the Hollywood Palladium. If so, I'm all in.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:38 AM
    Liked 11,166 Times in 6,148 Posts

Premium Member

Thumbs up

INTRO/DEATH COMES RIPPING

AT RIOT FEST

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

10.13.17 @ 03:46 PM
    Liked 2,091 Times in 1,070 Posts

Great Video ^^^^

Side note: it was very cool yesterday to open my new Guitar World issue on the iPad and see a full tab for Danzig's 1990 "Her Black Wings"... Unusual for GW to showcase that type of music in 2016

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.18.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 517 Times in 269 Posts

There's going to be a Misfits show in LA on Dec 30th. That's the good news.

The bad news is it will be an arena show at the Inglewood Forum.

Still, it will probably be fun. Tickets on sale this Friday.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post: