Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:23 PM
    Liked 10,259 Times in 5,613 Posts

Premium Member

Default James Woods Tells Colin Kaepernick: Keep Your ‘Worthless Ass in the Mud’

Actor and rare Hollywood conservative James Woods has a message for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick — the American flag doesn’t need you to stand up for it.
    “Don’t tarnish our flag by standing,” the outspoken 69-year-old Once Upon a Time in America star challenged Kaepernick on Twitter. “Just stay where you choose to be, with your worthless ass in the mud.”

James Woods
    ✔ ‎@RealJamesWoods

Don't tarnish our flag by standing. Just stay where you choose to be, with your worthless ass in the mud #Kaepernick

1:18 PM - 29 Aug 2016

Kaepernick created a firestorm Friday night when he refused to stand up for the National Anthem ahead of a pre-season game.

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color,” the quarterback later explained. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Kaepernick later said he would continue to sit through the National Anthem at games until he feels that there is “significant change” and that the American flag “represents what it’s supposed to represent.”

The quarterback’s move elicited strong reaction from fans, who began filming themselves burning his jerseys, and from high up places like the White House and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Some, like Woods, have called for a boycott of the quarterback.

James Woods
    ✔ ‎@RealJamesWoods

Does anyone have a list of his endorsement sponsors? Relentlessly boycott his sponsors. #POS #Kaepernick

2:09 AM - 28 Aug 2016

If we really boycotted all of the #SF games and they fired this #dirtbag, people might think twice about behaving like this,” Woods wrote earlier this week in one of several tweets calling for a boycott.

Woods wasn’t the only actor to weigh in on the debate over Kaepernick’s move.

“Oh, f*ck yeah,” actor Charlie Sheen told a TMZ cameraman this week when asked whether he supports the quarterback’s decision, though he did concede that he sees “both sides.”

Filmmaker Spike Lee defended Kaepernick’s move as being in the defiant tradition of other black sports stars like Muhammad Ali and Jackie Robinson.

“I support him,” Lee said in an interview on CNN Monday. “It’s in that tradition of black athletes standing up, saying I’m not using their platform, saying I’m not happy with the way black people, people of color are being treated.”

Meanwhile, the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office in California has invited Kaepernick to experience their basic police training sessions and to have an “open dialogue” with police officers about their experiences.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...hless-ass-mud/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default WOW, HE REALLY IS AN IDIOT

SF Cops: ‘Mr. Kaepernick Has Embarrassed Himself’

30 Aug 2016

The San Francisco Police Officers Association (SFPOA) sent a letter objecting to Colin Kaepernick’s verbal attacks on police to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and San Francisco 49ers owner Jed York calling on the pair to “denounce his foolish statements.”

The quarterback’s remarks came by way of explaining his motivation for sitting during the national anthem before a 21-10 49ers loss to the Green Bay Packers at Levi’s Stadium on Friday. He claimed that he experienced racial profiling when police drew weapons on him in college and that cosmetologists receive more training than cops. He maintained, “Someone that’s holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us.”

The SFPOA says that “Mr. Kaepernick has embarrassed himself, the 49er organization, and the NFL” through such comments. The letter calls on the team and the league to denounce the passer fighting for his job as he fights for social justice.

Perhaps he could lend his commentary to the over 8,000 murders that African Americans inflicted on one another in 2015,” SFPOA President Martin Halloran writes in the letter. “The law enforcement community cannot be continuously blamed for all of society’s problems, including racial divide, in our country. It isn’t fair and it isn’t true.”

Kaepernick’s remarks on Sunday targeted cops, who he says target people of color. “There’s a lot of things that need to change,” Kaepaernick declared. “One specifically? Police brutality. There’s people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable. People are being given paid leave for killing people. That’s not right.”

Halloran’s missive invites Kaepernick and other NFL players to the local police academy to participate in simulation training that prepares recruits for the law enforcement profession.

Halloran writes:

While we certainly acknowledge Mr. Kaepernick’s first amendment right to remain seated during the National Anthem, as inappropriate as that may be, we will not stand by as he attacks police officers in this country with statements such as, ‘People are on paid leave while people of color are killed.’

Not only does he show an incredible lack of knowledge regarding our profession and ‘officer involved’ shootings, but also shows a naivety and total lack of sensitivity toward police officers. Ironically, it is those officers who on numerous occasions have protected Mr. Kaepernick and have ensured that the venues where the NFL holds its events are fully protected.

On Sunday, Kaepernick promised to continue sitting during the national anthem until “change” occurs to his satisfaction. The quarterback looks to sit during the song again on Thursday in San Diego, home to numerous Navy and Marine Corps installations as well as the Chargers.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016...k-embarrassed/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 2,696 Times in 1,581 Posts

Technically he's not 100% wrong. You need a GED or better to be a peace officer in California, but the requirements for cosmetology aren't as stringent. However, future cosmetologist must complete nearly double the amount of training hours that peace officers do.

It's really a stat that doesn't carry a lot of meaning, though, as you're not comparing apples to apples.

Then again, the Black on Black crime thing isn't really meaningful in this conversation either. 89.9% of Blacks are killed by Blacks. But 82.3% of Whites are killed by Whites. You're just more likely to be killed by someone of your same race. Black leaders are often called out for not talking about this, but the reality is that it just isn't publicized that much, nor is the fact that violence is down across the board, even Black on Black crime.

Kaepernick hasn't been very eloquent about it, and he certainly isn't 100% right about it. I am actually surprised little is being made on him calling out Clinton. He mentioned her "super-predators" comment and said, "I mean, we have a presidential candidate who deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn't make sense to me. Cuz if that was any other person you'd be in prison, so what is this country really standing for?"

He's not wrong about that, either.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Technically he's not 100% wrong. You need a GED or better to be a peace officer in California, but the requirements for cosmetology aren't as stringent. However, future cosmetologist must complete nearly double the amount of training hours that peace officers do.

It's really a stat that doesn't carry a lot of meaning, though, as you're not comparing apples to apples.

Then again, the Black on Black crime thing isn't really meaningful in this conversation either. 89.9% of Blacks are killed by Blacks. But 82.3% of Whites are killed by Whites. You're just more likely to be killed by someone of your same race. Black leaders are often called out for not talking about this, but the reality is that it just isn't publicized that much, nor is the fact that violence is down across the board, even Black on Black crime.

Kaepernick hasn't been very eloquent about it, and he certainly isn't 100% right about it. I am actually surprised little is being made on him calling out Clinton. He mentioned her "super-predators" comment and said, "I mean, we have a presidential candidate who deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn't make sense to me. Cuz if that was any other person you'd be in prison, so what is this country really standing for?"

He's not wrong about that, either.
    I can assure you that the comparison he made between cosmetology and law enforcement training is 100% false. This man is talking out of his ass.

My family has been deeply involved in both fields and I am very familiar with what they go through. Again, he is a jackass.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I can assure you that the comparison he made between cosmetology and law enforcement training is 100% false. This man is talking out of his ass.

My family has been deeply involved in both fields and I am very familiar with what they go through. Again, he is a jackass.
    This was actually a story a few years ago, and his claim was fact checked by several papers. It's true that cosmetologists have to complete more hours of training, at least in California and Nevada. But not only is that a superficial study of what goes into it, one has nothing to do with the other. He's just repeating a story that went around a couple years ago. Like I said, it's a dumb comparison. It's like saying a Cuban sandwich takes hours and hours to prepare properly, so a Cuban sandwich is better than a song that took 20 minutes to write.

That said, as you know, I don't think he is wrong that there needs to be some changes in how we do policing in this country.

He just went about this all wrong, even though I have no real issue with him sitting.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 5,874 Times in 2,922 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Cosmetologists dont also have to take psyc evals and physicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Hillary Clinton's email server.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    This was actually a story a few years ago, and his claim was fact checked by several papers. It's true that cosmetologists have to complete more hours of training, at least in California and Nevada. But not only is that a superficial study of what goes into it, one has nothing to do with the other. He's just repeating a story that went around a couple years ago. Like I said, it's a dumb comparison. It's like saying a Cuban sandwich takes hours and hours to prepare properly, so a Cuban sandwich is better than a song that took 20 minutes to write.

That said, as you know, I don't think he is wrong that there needs to be some changes in how we do policing in this country.

He just went about this all wrong, even though I have no real issue with him sitting.
    Law Enforcement Officers not only have to comply with mandatory state requirements for certifications, they also have year round training that is required by the agency that employs them. There are also TONS of training courses that are made available free of charge that they are encouraged to take.

So again, HE IS A JACKASS.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Colin Kaepernick’s Biological Mother Steps Into National Anthem Fray With a Pointed Message for the Quarterback

Aug. 30, 2016

The biological mother of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick criticized his controversial refusal to stand for the National Anthem last Friday.

"There’s ways to make change w/o disrespecting & bringing shame to the very country & family who afforded you so many blessings,” tweeted Heidi Russo, who gave up Kaepernick for adoption when he was an infant.

Russo’s Twitter bio reads: “Wife, mom to Michael, Ethan & Alex, Birthmom of Colin, Co-Founder of Linked Thru Love, advocate for changing stigmas & stereotypes for birthmothers & adoption.”

She added this message to Kaepernick: “The path less traveled doesn’t need to be one of destruction.”

According to a 2013 ESPN article, Russo was “19, unmarried and nearly broke when she gave him up. She cared for him for five weeks while she looked for an adopting couple who were (A) set for money, (B) had other kids and (C) loved sports. Heidi stands 6-foot-2, and the birth father, now absent, was also 6-2.”

ESPN added that Kaepernick had no interest in meeting Russo, and writer Rick Reilly wondered if that sentiment was out of respect for his adoptive parents.

“No,” Kaepernick said. “It’s not really a respect thing. It’s just — that’s my family. That’s it.”

More from ESPN:

Colin Kaepernick turned out to be an iron-willed, headstrong athletic tornado. He was so good at every sport that his family called him “Bo,” after Bo Jackson. Still do. As he grew, the new mother would send the old one letters and pictures, until Russo finally asked her to stop. They were too painful.

“I couldn’t move forward with my life,” she recently told Denver TV station KDVR. (Russo did not return my phone calls.)

The nature of their relationship today, if any, is unclear.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...e-quarterback/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 6,361 Times in 3,687 Posts

Premium Member

She needs to STFU too.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

07.21.17 @ 11:46 AM
    Liked 531 Times in 313 Posts

White People: Black people need to protest peacefully.
    Black Man sits down during national anthem.
    White People: No, not like that.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TJENZ View Post
    Right. Because that's all it's about.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5,717 Times in 3,207 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TJENZ View Post
    Do you not see how hypocritical it looks for a black man who's been afforded the opportunity to make more money than 99.99% of the world to insult the nation who made that possible?

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Kaepernick has a megaphone and influence. He is bringing something up that he might actually be serious about. If he is serious, he may be wrong about it, he may be right about it, but he shouldn't be disqualified from talking about it simply because he is a financially successful Black man. And on the other side, I also don't think pre-being-pretty-sure-he's-a-rapist Bill Cosby should have been dismissed by the left for saying things he said about the Black community either, simply because he's successful.

I'm fine with people having reacted as they have, but honestly I am fine with what Kaepernick did. I have a lot of friends who think you deserve a good ass kicking and perhaps jail if you speak badly of the United States of America. I come down on the side of freedom cutting both ways. You fight for freedom not so people can say popular things, but so people can say unpopular things. Of course, the way it works is that people have the right to respond. Suggesting he should find another country, especially by a presidential candidate, is a pretty incredible response, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Law Enforcement Officers not only have to comply with mandatory state requirements for certifications, they also have year round training that is required by the agency that employs them. There are also TONS of training courses that are made available free of charge that they are encouraged to take.

So again, HE IS A JACKASS.
    Again, I said he's right on a superficial technicality. The Free Thought Project went through this a few years ago, but Kaepernick likely got it from Shaun King in the New York Daily News a month ago:

Speaking with the Daily News, former police officer Randy Shrewsberry said, "On average, state basic police training is 622 hours with no required apprenticeship. Of course there is some time with a Field Training Officer — which is not mandated in most states and is fully subjective to the employing department.

"Conversely, the basic training requirements for cosmetologists is 1,570 hours, with an average of 1,080 mandated apprenticeship hours with a total of 2,650 required hours — and that's just the average. Additional research shows that there is little to no requirement of continued education for police officers. Those states that do mandate continued education it is usually in the ballpark of 40 hours per year."

Even if the numbers are wrong (and even if they are right), I said this is a false equivalency. I am sure there are all kinds of things not being taken into account here, not the least of which is that a lot of state licensing requirements are bullshit, often especially in cosmetology, so even if you take these numbers at face value, A) it doesn't necessarily mean police aren't getting enough training and B) it presupposes cosmetologists need all that training.

However, my Facebook feed has not failed me today. Every single one of my friends who are 100%, solidly, there-is-nothing-to-see-here #BlueLivesMatter think Kaepernick deserves an ass kicking at best, should be escorted out of the country at worst. Everyone who thinks police do nothing but seek out Blacks and kill them think he's the new Muhammad Ali.

If only there were a middle ground where a conversation could happen . . .

21. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:16 AM
    Liked 16,075 Times in 7,881 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Do you not see how hypocritical it looks for a black man who's been afforded the opportunity to make more money than 99.99% of the world to insult the nation who made that possible?
    "Black man".

He's about as black as I am.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

23. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 02:16 AM
    Liked 16,075 Times in 7,881 Posts

Premium Member

Does Kaepernick have the right to speak his mind and do non-violent protests?

Absolutely.

But you then can't deride people for reacting to it negatively, as they are also speaking their mind in a non-violent way.

Free speech is available for all involved, not just the poor 100 million dollar white quarterback who grew up in a wealthy home.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

25. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: