Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FOX NEWS

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Default FOX NEWS

Andrea Tantaros Sues Fox News, Ensnares Bill O’Reilly, Scott Brown, and Others

The latest sexual-harassment lawsuit against Fox News and deposed CEO Roger Ailes alleges that the network’s executives actively retaliated against on-air personality Andrea Tantaros after she repeatedly complained about inappropriate conduct in the workplace.

Tantaros's lawsuit filed Monday in New York Supreme Court declares that “Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny.”

In particular, she names Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, and several on-air contributors as having allegedly harassed her; and she accuses top executives including Ailes’s successor, Bill Shine, and chief flack Irena Briganti of trying to intimidate her from complaining further.

Among the allegations against Ailes are that after she rebuffed his repeated sexual advances, he “demoted” her from a regular co-hosting gig with 5 p.m. gabfest The Five to the noon hour’s Outnumbered. The longtime conservative commentator also claims that Ailes would suggestively ask her to “twirl” and show off her body in his office; that he would inappropriately pry about her personal life; and that he would make sexually charged remarks about her colleagues, including calling Kimberly Guilfoyle a “Puerto Rican whore” and asking whether The Five star hosts Greg Gutfeld and Dana Perino were engaged in an extramarital affair.

Tantaros claims she repeatedly sought help from Shine, Fox’s top lawyer Dianne Brandi, and executive vice president of programming Suzanne Scott, but that she was told Ailes is a “very powerful man” and that she “needed to let this one go.”

According to the suit, O’Reilly also harassed Tantaros, despite having infamously once been accused of repeated sexual harassment by ex-producer Andrea Mackris. The primetime star allegedly attempted to lure Tantaros to his Long Island home for some “privacy,” and told her that he views her as a “wild girl” with a “wild side.” For their part, Fox took action by immediately ending her regular appearances on The O’Reilly Factor.

Fox News’s culture of sexual harassment, the suit adds, allegedly extends beyond top brass and ensnares low-level contributors who appeared as the “One Lucky Guy” on Outnumbered, the female-dominated noon talk show.

Former Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, she claims, “made a number of sexually inappropriate comments” to her, including the suggestive comment that she “would be fun to go to a nightclub with.” Later on, in a cafeteria, he allegedly “snuck up behind Tantaros while she was purchasing lunch and put his hands on her lower waist. She immediately pulled back, telling Brown to ‘stop.’” (Brown took to Twitter on Tuesday to vehemently deny the claims: “As a survivor of sexual abuse, I would never perpetuate language or actions as described in Fox complaint. Actions referenced are fabricated.”)

Additionally, she alleges, Dean Cain—the actor best known for playing Superman in a ’90s TV series—inappropriately “groped” her while appearing on Outnumbered alongside her. Fox News national correspondent John Roberts, she claims, also made uncouth comments on- and off-air, including asking “Have you frozen your eggs?”

The show’s producers allegedly agreed that Roberts had behaved improperly, and Tantaros brought all three cases to the attention of Fox execs, but nonetheless, the network continued to book the guests alongside her on the show.

As her complaints became numerous and frequent, she says, the network waged a covert PR war against her, with Ailes mouthpiece Briganti leaking negative stories about Tantaros to friendly outlets and failing to arrange promotional interviews with outside media. (The Daily Beast’s Lloyd Grove, however, did interview Tantaros in October 2014, around the time she alleges the flack’s retaliation had begun.)

The network eventually threatened her firing unless she played ball. Fox News removed her from the air shortly before her book was set for publication and offered to continue paying her if she dropped her claims against Fox execs and personalities, turned over all personal materials concerning Fox or its employees, and agree to never discuss her time at the network “from now until forever.”

Ultimately, she decided, to go to court like Gretchen Carlson had done the month prior.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...dean-cain.html

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Andrea Tantaros Sues Fox News, Ensnares Bill O’Reilly, Scott Brown, and Others

The latest sexual-harassment lawsuit against Fox News and deposed CEO Roger Ailes alleges that the network’s executives actively retaliated against on-air personality Andrea Tantaros after she repeatedly complained about inappropriate conduct in the workplace.

Tantaros's lawsuit filed Monday in New York Supreme Court declares that “Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny.”

In particular, she names Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, and several on-air contributors as having allegedly harassed her; and she accuses top executives including Ailes’s successor, Bill Shine, and chief flack Irena Briganti of trying to intimidate her from complaining further.

Among the allegations against Ailes are that after she rebuffed his repeated sexual advances, he “demoted” her from a regular co-hosting gig with 5 p.m. gabfest The Five to the noon hour’s Outnumbered. The longtime conservative commentator also claims that Ailes would suggestively ask her to “twirl” and show off her body in his office; that he would inappropriately pry about her personal life; and that he would make sexually charged remarks about her colleagues, including calling Kimberly Guilfoyle a “Puerto Rican whore” and asking whether The Five star hosts Greg Gutfeld and Dana Perino were engaged in an extramarital affair.

Tantaros claims she repeatedly sought help from Shine, Fox’s top lawyer Dianne Brandi, and executive vice president of programming Suzanne Scott, but that she was told Ailes is a “very powerful man” and that she “needed to let this one go.”

According to the suit, O’Reilly also harassed Tantaros, despite having infamously once been accused of repeated sexual harassment by ex-producer Andrea Mackris. The primetime star allegedly attempted to lure Tantaros to his Long Island home for some “privacy,” and told her that he views her as a “wild girl” with a “wild side.” For their part, Fox took action by immediately ending her regular appearances on The O’Reilly Factor.

Fox News’s culture of sexual harassment, the suit adds, allegedly extends beyond top brass and ensnares low-level contributors who appeared as the “One Lucky Guy” on Outnumbered, the female-dominated noon talk show.

Former Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, she claims, “made a number of sexually inappropriate comments” to her, including the suggestive comment that she “would be fun to go to a nightclub with.” Later on, in a cafeteria, he allegedly “snuck up behind Tantaros while she was purchasing lunch and put his hands on her lower waist. She immediately pulled back, telling Brown to ‘stop.’” (Brown took to Twitter on Tuesday to vehemently deny the claims: “As a survivor of sexual abuse, I would never perpetuate language or actions as described in Fox complaint. Actions referenced are fabricated.”)

Additionally, she alleges, Dean Cain—the actor best known for playing Superman in a ’90s TV series—inappropriately “groped” her while appearing on Outnumbered alongside her. Fox News national correspondent John Roberts, she claims, also made uncouth comments on- and off-air, including asking “Have you frozen your eggs?”

The show’s producers allegedly agreed that Roberts had behaved improperly, and Tantaros brought all three cases to the attention of Fox execs, but nonetheless, the network continued to book the guests alongside her on the show.

As her complaints became numerous and frequent, she says, the network waged a covert PR war against her, with Ailes mouthpiece Briganti leaking negative stories about Tantaros to friendly outlets and failing to arrange promotional interviews with outside media. (The Daily Beast’s Lloyd Grove, however, did interview Tantaros in October 2014, around the time she alleges the flack’s retaliation had begun.)

The network eventually threatened her firing unless she played ball. Fox News removed her from the air shortly before her book was set for publication and offered to continue paying her if she dropped her claims against Fox execs and personalities, turned over all personal materials concerning Fox or its employees, and agree to never discuss her time at the network “from now until forever.”

Ultimately, she decided, to go to court like Gretchen Carlson had done the month prior.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...dean-cain.html
    Interesting to see how this turns out. One of Carlson's claims already was proven to be false. Network news is notorious for this type of stuff.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I don't like the news people of today. But years ago in DC you could see all of them getting drunk every night and day and trying to get laid at Duke Zieberts along with the politicians and sports stars. I guess they just stay in the office and fornicate now? Video killed that.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

It wouldn't surprise me. If you ever watch any of their news shows, it seems like every woman was told they need to wear a solid color dress that cuts at or above the knee.

Of course TV news has always been about putting attractive people on screen, but I always thought Fox took it to a different level with the whole legs-in-skirts motif.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:01 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Not shocking. Did she think she was on there for her brains?
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

She shouldn't have to put up with that shit if it really happened, though.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Not shocking. Did she think she was on there for her brains?
    Um yeah, she's not an airhead. She just happens to be fuckin' hot.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 08.24.16 at 09:42 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    She shouldn't have to put up with that shit if it really happened, though.
    No, but in that business it seems like they'll put up for it as long as it pays off. A lot of times it's all good until they don't get their way. Months ago it was reported that they had a disagreement over her book promotion. Now she files this lawsuit.

It'll be interesting to watch. Like I said before, one of Carlson's claims was blown out of the water.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Greta Van Susteren abruptly leaves Fox News

http://www.politico.com/media/story/...04744?cmpid=sf

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 1,974 Times in 1,369 Posts

Different lawsuit then the original post, I guess they have several going.......... lol......

21st Century Fox has reached a $20 million settlement deal with Gretchen Carlson, the anchorwoman who sued Roger Ailes alleging harassment and retaliation in July.

The eight-figure deal is likely to have consequences across corporate America.
    Fox also apologized to Carlson in a highly unusual public statement on Tuesday morning.
    "We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect that she and all our colleagues deserve," 21st Century Fox said.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/06/medi...led/index.html

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

I didn't realize 20 women had come forward at this point. We're starting to enter Cosby territory here.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Greta Van Susteren abruptly leaves Fox News

http://www.politico.com/media/story/...04744?cmpid=sf
    Apparently she exercised a clause in her contract which gave her an out if Ailes ever left.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. If you ever watch any of their news shows, it seems like every woman was told they need to wear a solid color dress that cuts at or above the knee.
    Well, not too much of a demand to see Bob Beckel's legs. (Thank God)
    Last edited by Elwood P.; 09.06.16 at 10:12 AM.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

Well he's at CNN now, so we'll see how they want Beckel to dress. I will say that having both Bob and Graham Beckel on Red Eye together was pretty funny.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Apparently she exercised a clause in her contract which gave her an out if Ailes ever left.
    There is so much more going on over there behind the scenes. I think she was an Ailes ally and had to go as collateral damage in the remaking of Fox News

Murdoch started Fox not as a conservative news station but merely to compete with CNN which he had attempted to buy in the 90's but was shut out of. So when Ailes comes on board, the entire network starts taking on that persona much more strongly than they had originally planned..and no doubt the Fox news babes were an Ailes contribution....But it was OK with the Murdoch family, until Trump came along, and as I understand it, Murdoch got angry about Ailes casually advising Trump while running the network

Murdock wanted the network to really grill Trump in the debates, but Ailes was not going to go that way, and it is said insider info passed from Ailes to Trump was the reason for the Meghyn Kelly feud So Murdock sees that the fox is in the henhouse and suddenly all these crippling sexual harrassment accusations come out about Ailes.

now it is really interesting that 85 year old Rupert is wanting to more actively operate FOX despite the fact that his son is the one with all news experienc. now Rupert has people reporting directly to him. This thwarts the sons who are wanting to take over and completely remake the network presumably as a more middle of the road network..similar to how the sons worked to remake the Murdock newspapers

so I get the impression that Ailes fall from grace is more of a pissing match between Rupert and Ailes, and behaviour formerly ignored is now conveniently an issue.