Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Default Washington Post: U.S. needs illegal immigrants for 'washing dishes,' 'mowing lawns'

Washington Post: U.S. needs illegal immigrants for 'washing dishes,' 'mowing lawns'

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wa...stom_click=rss

I guess the youth doesn't need things to do anymore because play video games and Pokemon.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,777 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Washington Post: U.S. needs illegal immigrants for 'washing dishes,' 'mowing lawns'

I guess the youth doesn't need things to do anymore because play video games and Pokemon.
    Biggest line of bullshit going.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 10,886 Times in 5,729 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post

What an awful thing to say. "Yeah, we need those Mexicans to 'pick crops, wash dishes, and mow lawns' because we're too good for that kind of stuff."

Imagine if Trump said that.

For the record, I do dishes and I mow my own lawn. If the neighbors paid me I'd mow their lawn too but they seem to have it under control themselves.

When I was a teenager working first at the grocery store and then at the pizza joint I had to take out the trash, wash the dishes, etc. That's the problem today, we don't expect our youth to do this stuff so they wind up being entitled fucking brats by the time they're 20.

So take your "jobs Americans won't do" and shove it up your ass Washington Post. these are jobs America's youth need to do.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

If America needs foreign workers to do some of these jobs then that's fine. But that doesn't mean you allow illegal immigration. It means you implement a foreign worker program.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    What an awful thing to say. "Yeah, we need those Mexicans to 'pick crops, wash dishes, and mow lawns' because we're too good for that kind of stuff."

Imagine if Trump said that.

For the record, I do dishes and I mow my own lawn. If the neighbors paid me I'd mow their lawn too but they seem to have it under control themselves.

When I was a teenager working first at the grocery store and then at the pizza joint I had to take out the trash, wash the dishes, etc. That's the problem today, we don't expect our youth to do this stuff so they wind up being entitled fucking brats by the time they're 20.

So take your "jobs Americans won't do" and shove it up your ass Washington Post. these are jobs America's youth need to do.
    You're not wrong about this.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

Illegal immigration is LEGALIZED slavery, but you can't explain that to anyone.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

If Americans aren't doing the jobs, for whatever reason, there is a supply of labor willing to do the job, and the playing field is level (i.e. labor laws are being followed for all employees), then I don't see the problem in allowing people to come here legally to work.

Perhaps the youth should be doing these jobs. But if they aren't, we can't make them. "Hire Americans first" won't pass constitutional muster. We could eliminate the vast majority of this problem by doing this.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

I think my generation as parents really fucked things up. I get the thinking that you want a better life for your kids than you had growing up but I think a lot of parents are taking it way too far. I have 2 sons that are working age. I can't even begin to tell you how many of their friends don't have to get a job and are just allowed to either sit home and play video games or who knows what else. When I was in high school I had 2 jobs, 1 at a grocery store and 1 at a factory. I went to school 5 days a week and worked 6-7 days a week as did all of my friends. I will say I am not following the trend I am seeing. Both are working for me in my shop and the oldest leaves for the Navy in January.
    Maybe if more parents kicked their kids in the ass and told them to earn that cell phone or those video games there wouldn't be so many jobs that Americans supposedly will not do that we need illegals for.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    I think my generation as parents really fucked things up. I get the thinking that you want a better life for your kids than you had growing up but I think a lot of parents are taking it way too far. I have 2 sons that are working age. I can't even begin to tell you how many of their friends don't have to get a job and are just allowed to either sit home and play video games or who knows what else. When I was in high school I had 2 jobs, 1 at a grocery store and 1 at a factory. I went to school 5 days a week and worked 6-7 days a week as did all of my friends. I will say I am not following the trend I am seeing. Both are working for me in my shop and the oldest leaves for the Navy in January.
    Maybe if more parents kicked their kids in the ass and told them to earn that cell phone or those video games there wouldn't be so many jobs that Americans supposedly will not do that we need illegals for.
    I imagine you're right

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    When I was 14 I asked my late father who would be 98 if still living for an allowance. He looked at me and said I think its time for you to get a part time job or cut some lawns. I got the picture and went to work. Now maybe 14 is a bit early but 16 is perfect. I see this too and its another reason we are in trouble in the USA.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

It was probably, I don't know, 8-10 years ago, my boss at the music store where I worked at the time hired his step-son. He was 17-18, and hadn't gotten his driver license. My boss was super annoyed. It was a small company and many of us are still friends despite it going under after 40 years. Anyway, I remember looking it up, and it turns out this is a pattern. Young people don't want a driver license. Part of that is social media, but another part is that they can get their parents to take them places.

His parents (50ish) are much wealthier than their parents, so I can certainly see where it isn't as much of a burden to have a child living at home, especially if they are going to school or have a job. And since most parents want a better life for their kids, they don't necessarily make them work while they went to college.

I also think there is an element of today's generations becoming accustomed to an incredible standard of living. Cable, big screen HDTV, surround sound, internet, air conditioning, smart phones, food, etc., etc. Once you go out on your own, you start over, and I think that is a reality modern kids don't want to face.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    When I was 14 I asked my late father who would be 98 if still living for an allowance. He looked at me and said I think its time for you to get a part time job or cut some lawns. I got the picture and went to work. Now maybe 14 is a bit early but 16 is perfect. I see this too and its another reason we are in trouble in the USA.
    I had almost the exact same experience. My dad used to give me 5 bucks if I mowed the lawn and 5 bucks if I cleaned our pool. They both needed to be done once a week. Do the math. $10 a week didn't cover my Taco Bell expenses, let alone put gas in my scooter or buy anything else. Somehow I knew not to ask him for more money because I knew what the answer would be. So I went and got a work permit and started bagging groceries at Ralph's. $4.25 an hour before taxes.

I was 14 years old as well. I've had some sort of job ever since except during the basketball season in high school where there was no way I could work, make practice, and get my schoolwork done. He was a little lenient then and bumped up my "salary" a bit since I wasn't sitting around the house with my thumb up my ass.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:30 PM
    Liked 7,878 Times in 4,604 Posts

Premium Member

You were eating way too much fucking Taco Bell, if 10 bucks didn't cover it.

Just sayin...

Christ how much money does a 14 year old need?

I never had any money or allowance when I was that age. It was "mow the lawn and stfu".

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    It was probably, I don't know, 8-10 years ago, my boss at the music store where I worked at the time hired his step-son. He was 17-18, and hadn't gotten his driver license. My boss was super annoyed. It was a small company and many of us are still friends despite it going under after 40 years. Anyway, I remember looking it up, and it turns out this is a pattern. Young people don't want a driver license. Part of that is social media, but another part is that they can get their parents to take them places.

His parents (50ish) are much wealthier than their parents, so I can certainly see where it isn't as much of a burden to have a child living at home, especially if they are going to school or have a job. And since most parents want a better life for their kids, they don't necessarily make them work while they went to college.

I also think there is an element of today's generations becoming accustomed to an incredible standard of living. Cable, big screen HDTV, surround sound, internet, air conditioning, smart phones, food, etc., etc. Once you go out on your own, you start over, and I think that is a reality modern kids don't want to face.
    I got my license the day I turned 16.

I "started over" when I turned 18 and moved out of my dad's house and into a small apartment because I couldn't stand my step mother. Took everything I owned (which wasn't much) plus a couple of hand me downs. But it's funny, the material stuff I never really cared about. It was about getting on with my own life and seeing where it led me. I had a little 12 inch TV. I had my guitar and my amp. I spent all my time going to school, working, and playing guitar so I didn't really care about anything else.

The apartment was old and kind of dumpy, but I didn't care. I was one of the first ones of my friends to have my own place so it became a hang out spot to stay up late, play cards, drink beer and just have a good time when I wasn't working or in school. Some of the best times of my life were had in that old dump.

To me a better standard of living isn't buying all this crap that people think they need. For me it was always about having the freedom to do what I want, the way I want. My job at the time was good because it paid well, but was very flexible so I never had a problem getting time off for gigs for my band or whatever.

That's part of the adventure of life is stepping out into the unknown for the first time. Sure beats living in mommy's basement asking her to drive me everywhere.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    You were eating way too much fucking Taco Bell, if 10 bucks didn't cover it.

Just sayin...

Christ how much money does a 14 year old need?

I never had any money or allowance when I was that age. It was "mow the lawn and stfu".
    Well, technically, I didn't need any. In reality though my dad wasn't going to buy me CDs, new clothes that I wanted but didn't need, slurpees, cokes, candy, gum, etc. Yeah, I ate a lot of Taco Bell, but you gotta understand at that time my parents were divorced and my dad hadn't re-married so I was on my own a lot of the time and I wasn't going to cook. So if I wanted something other than a turkey sandwich or something I pretty much had to buy it. And i had this little scooter that I drove everywhere so I had to buy gas and oil to keep it running.

So yeah, I had a few expenses. And it served me well because by the time I was 18 i was able to save some cash and buy my EBMM. My dad wasn't going to pay for that either. LOL.