Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

Default The dirt bag that killed my nephew has been captured in Spain

many of you may remember a thread titled "help me find the man that killed my nephew" that I deleted on the recommendation of.....well that's a long story

anyway Christopher Ponce who killed my nephew in a drunk driving accident has been found in Spain and arrested.

I found out early this morning but it wasn't confirmed by the Marshalls until midday and then made public

HURRAY

a lot can still go wrong and the extradition should take months, but at this moment in time, we know he is being held in a jail in Spain after being identified by Interpol and there will now be new charges against him

I hope he spends a long time in prison.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/europe...nce/index.html

Police capture Christopher Ponce, fugitive featured on 'The Hunt'
    By Catherine E. Shoichet and Keith Allen, CNN
    Updated 3:31 PM ET, Wed August 10, 2016

(CNN)It's been more than three years since Christopher Ponce allegedly slipped off an ankle monitor and skipped bail.

The 26-year-old fugitive's time on the lam came to an end this week when Spanish police arrested him, Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Steve Gaskins said.
    Ponce, who was featured on CNN's "The Hunt with John Walsh" in 2014, was charged with DUI manslaughter after a fatal 2012 car crash in Tampa, Florida.

Ponce is accused of driving drunk in the wrong direction on I-275, slamming head-on into another car.
    The crash killed 20-year-old William Angel and seriously injured two of his friends.
    For nine months, Ponce was under house arrest, but was allowed to remove the GPS monitor during MRIs for a broken ankle he suffered in the crash.
    In May 2013, officials say he removed the ankle monitor and slipped out of sight.

Spanish police could not be immediately reached for comment.
    Gaskins said police in Spain arrested Ponce at a bus stop.
    Gaskins said the extradition process could take up to seven months.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:03 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

Awesome.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

Good news.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts

Premium Member

Fantastic news!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Great news Daisy. Thanks for updating us.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Good news, Daisy!! Finally!
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

I am so happy for you and your family, I have kept an eye out for this dirt merchant for years now and its good the law found his fucking ass before I did.

Said the man behind the computer.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

In my best Marv Albert voice, "YES!!!!".

Daisy, I'm SO happy for you and your family.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

OLO

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:07 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

I remember reading the original thread about this tragedy.

I'm so happy for you and your family that this scumbag has now been caught. I hope they throw the book at him.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Devastating for all involved
    But,
    PISS ON HIM
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:51 AM
    Liked 18,192 Times in 8,988 Posts

Very happy for you Daisy.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

according to Spanish news reports, the arrest was made due to good old fashioned police work and instincts. He was spotted at a bus station acting suspicious. Officers started to observe him and he tried to elude them. The cornered him and he said he had no ID only a bus pass under a name that didn't check out. He was then found to have a phony Mexican passport and they took him in. Fingerprints led to a hit on his Interpol file and the US Marshalls were notified.

so even if they decide to bounce him because the arrest was improperly done, there's still the immigration issue and that alone should be enough for them to hand him over. Of course he gets hearings, and his family could fight to keep him from being turned over to US authorities for the manslaughter charges, but those are not death penalty cases so it's unlikely that Spain would have a problem there, and the fake passport doesn't help. So in due course.....several months at least, he will be returned to Florida.

just pray that everything goes as it should and no one drops the ball again. Three years on the run, they should know enough to be careful

additionally my attention is on those who helped him flee and supported him. I believe that aside from his family there was a connection in Florida and a connection in Spain and that those people have helped not just Ponce, but other [people flee justice. I hope the state and Feds do a good job of investigating that, cause the county didn't seem to find that issue too interesting.

15. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Glad to hear they got the bastards Daisy. Doesn't make up for the loss, but at least some justice will be served.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    according to Spanish news reports, the arrest was made due to good old fashioned police work and instincts. He was spotted at a bus station acting suspicious. Officers started to observe him and he tried to elude them. The cornered him and he said he had no ID only a bus pass under a name that didn't check out. He was then found to have a phony Mexican passport and they took him in. Fingerprints led to a hit on his Interpol file and the US Marshalls were notified.

so even if they decide to bounce him because the arrest was improperly done, there's still the immigration issue and that alone should be enough for them to hand him over. Of course he gets hearings, and his family could fight to keep him from being turned over to US authorities for the manslaughter charges, but those are not death penalty cases so it's unlikely that Spain would have a problem there, and the fake passport doesn't help. So in due course.....several months at least, he will be returned to Florida.

just pray that everything goes as it should and no one drops the ball again. Three years on the run, they should know enough to be careful

additionally my attention is on those who helped him flee and supported him. I believe that aside from his family there was a connection in Florida and a connection in Spain and that those people have helped not just Ponce, but other [people flee justice. I hope the state and Feds do a good job of investigating that, cause the county didn't seem to find that issue too interesting.

Good for you and it looks like police and various investigators etc did their job. Let us all give a high 5 to said police and their kind. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Good for you and it looks like police and various investigators etc did their job. Let us all give a high 5 to said police and their kind. Out.
    I would love to travel to Spain to just shake the hands of the officers who captured him. and we have to love the Highway Patrol officer in FLorida who just wouldn't let this go. I believe he is the one who made the connection with Walsh, which was very helpful and I believe will continue to be helpful. Certainly that put pressure on Ponce, knowing he was still being actively sought after and having the TV show come up over and over and then internationally. He certainly was a nervous nelly at the bus station and thank God the Spanish police took notice. I find it amusing that he tried to elude them by ducking into a mens room but those officers just KNEW something was up and followed up on it

good old fashioned police work and good old fashioned use of their instincts plus new fangled resources got Ponce pinched

My brother had made it his life's work to find Ponce and was convinced that he was in Spain and particularly Madrid, that he was using the bus system to get around and even pinpointed a habitually used bus station in Madrid. The article detailing the arrest stated that Ponce was traveling on a fake Mexican passport but had a bus pass in another name and my brother was able to correctly guess what that other name was based upon a tip he had gotten thru his website. He knew who the connection was in Madrid and hopefully that bus pass combined with info we already knew will lead to the arrest and conviction of the people who hid and supported Ponce.
    While we didn't know about the arrest until a late night notification from the Florida states attorney, thanks to the website and facebook my brother knew the details of the arrest before the officer who called him to inform him of the arrest knew them. My brother even pinpointed a social club for ex-patriots living in Spain as a connection. social media is a crazy thing. the net was getting tighter,

it was a matter of time before he was caught and we are SO SO GRATEFUL for those officers who just KNEW they had to follow up on this guy.

20. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: