Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:32 AM
    Liked 67 Times in 35 Posts

Default :::How About It Ed & Wolf?

In watching a segment of LWOAN, Ed said his main enjoyment comes from playing concerts. Releasing albums, more or less, gives the band a reason to tour - which he, and they, enjoy.

Makes sense.

And nowadays, making records is a major pain in the ass, with little reward.

An idea...

Yeah, I'd love to hear new music on a regular basis. But I remember way back when, when I got my hands on a WACF bootleg. It was the first time I had ever heard "Down In Flames." The audio quality was absolutely horrid, but I listened to that song time and again, because I loved the song.

What if the band wrote new music for each tour. They get the reward of playing live, while the fans get to hear new music, with none of the nonsense that comes along with the record business/industry.

Everyone wins.

How bout it Ed & Wolf?

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 648 Times in 358 Posts

Record in 5150, put in up on the VH website for people to download with a nominal payment. Fans would happily pay, and they'd probably end up with more money than if they went the traditional record company route.

4. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

did someone mention one of the best Van Halen songs ever ????::::

...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:43 PM
    Liked 915 Times in 468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    did someone mention one of the best Van Halen songs ever ????::::

and then AC/DC released Highway to Hell with Shot Down in Flames and this track was shelved.
    That's my theory, anyway.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cfimages View Post
    Record in 5150, put in up on the VH website for people to download with a nominal payment. Fans would happily pay, and they'd probably end up with more money than if they went the traditional record company route.
    I've been saying this for a few years. I don't understand why an established band/artist (AC/DC, Madonna, Eagles, Foo Fighters, Beyoncé, etc) would bother with record companies when you could record and post to your site. Charge an amount people would be ok with to pay as opposed to the inflated record company prices. Band keeps all profits. Established bands have big enough fan bases for this to work. And if said band/artist has their own studio even more reason to go this route.
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

9. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 2,028 Times in 1,265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hide Your Sheep View Post
    I've been saying this for a few years. I don't understand why an established band/artist (AC/DC, Madonna, Eagles, Foo Fighters, Beyoncé, etc) would bother with record companies when you could record and post to your site. Charge an amount people would be ok with to pay as opposed to the inflated record company prices. Band keeps all profits. Established bands have big enough fan bases for this to work. And if said band/artist has their own studio even more reason to go this route.

I agree. VH should do this. Labels don't want them any more. Do it yourself.

I don't know about the Foo's or Beyoncé. They could get tens of millions with a label. I'm sure they'd want that dough.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The Eagles have azoff as their manager like vh. That's the reason that the Only way that their music will ever see the light of day is on a cd.

Perfect example is the Eagles box set that came out in 2001. It has a lot of deeper cuts but only like 2 unheard of songs and they sold 267,000 of them at 150 a pop.

But man it'd sure be nice to get the vh catalog available from vh. Especially unreleased shit.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

DIF.....great tune!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

There is so much the band could do if they just decided to use the web. They could in fact charge for rehearsals. Put them in a room, film it and stream. 5 dollars a rehearsal if they want to make a little coin. Maybe Eddie can demo gear, show you settings, etc? Get you personally excited about what EVH is putting out instead of reading a data sheet or seeing it at NAMM. As mentioned, release digital songs.

I would even like to hear stuff that Wolfgang is putting together.

They could always put out the finished product on CD but maybe allow us to hear some demos and even ask us for our opinion?

Ok I gotta wake up

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    There is so much the band could do if they just decided to use the web. They could in fact charge for rehearsals. Put them in a room, film it and stream. 5 dollars a rehearsal if they want to make a little coin. Maybe Eddie can demo gear, show you settings, etc? Get you personally excited about what EVH is putting out instead of reading a data sheet or seeing it at NAMM. As mentioned, release digital songs.

I would even like to hear stuff that Wolfgang is putting together.

They could always put out the finished product on CD but maybe allow us to hear some demos and even ask us for our opinion?

Ok I gotta wake up
    I've been saying stuff like this for years too. Sell a 5150 membership. They could release new music, show band rehearsal, a jam session. Ed could do little lessons where he shows how he does certain things. Release a few things from the vaults, old songs that were recorded and never released. There are lots of possibilities. Just cut out the record labels completely and be an independent operator. They could do it if they really wanted to and they would make good money at it. They have the fan base for it. Dave is a natural when it comes to putting together this type of stuff, and Ed and his buddies are good enough at recording and mixing. Wolfgang would probably be very good with this type of approach too. That way there wouldn't be the pressure of recording an entire album. They could record a single song and release it through the website. Then maybe another one in a couple of months and do lots of cool stuff in between. So many possibilities. It will never happen though, not with this band. I don't think Ed enjoys touring now, it's a chore for him, and for whatever reason they don't seem willing or able to get together with Dave even on a part time basis to do anything.

Favorite VH Album

like choosing among children
    Favorite VH Song

damn...drop dead legs?Unchaine
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:15 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts

I would enjoy this more than a tour of the same old same old. I'd buck up, too. It would increase than fan base and grab the attention of the young' puns. It makes too much sense.

Ergo, it will never happen��

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 6,972 Times in 5,008 Posts

Premium Member

Rigorous touring might be a thing of the past, yet the guys clearly like their money... The ideas suggested above ^^^ seem like a no lose situation! "Psst, hey c'mon man, wake up!"
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

AJW

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

If they ever did a livestream where the band was in the studio and maybe taking requests, answering questions as they do it I would easily shell out $100 or more to watch.

Unfortunately any direct band interaction with this fan base is out of the question. It would immediately be filled with trolls ripping former lead singers, the band in its current iteration, past decisions, what Dave's wearing, how he's singing, etc. After 5 minutes the band would tell us to fuck off and retire altogether
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:20 PM
    Liked 462 Times in 214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cfimages View Post
    I can hear it now (and I wouldn't blame them)L

"Yeah sure, make it available on our website for nominal payment. Meanwhile within the first few downloads some clown uploads it to some sharing site where it gets downloaded for free. No thanks."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:20 PM
    Liked 462 Times in 214 Posts

Charge an amount people would be ok with to pay as opposed to the inflated record company prices..
    People have tried that. $1 per song or something like $6.99 for a whole record, yet people still feel it's too much to pay so file sharing and such takes over and runs rampant. I chuckle when rock music fans wonder out loud why good music isn't being put out anymore.