Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,489 Times in 1,018 Posts

Premium Member

Default Gov't Deciding Whether 'Don't Tread on Me' Shirts and Hats Are Workplace Harassment

Gov't Deciding Whether 'Don't Tread on Me' Shirts and Hats Are Workplace Harassment

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/0...ial-harassment

Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 11,795 Times in 6,538 Posts

Premium Member

"We’re going to have to change our traditions, our history; we’re going to have to move into a different place as a nation to provide the kind of future we all want desperately for our children."

-Michelle Obama

But government isn't getting too big for its britches, is it?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:47 PM
    Liked 3,126 Times in 1,832 Posts

Premium Member

I think it was the Volokh Conspiracy that broke this story. The scary thing, as he points out, is that after saying the flag isn't inherently racist, they say, "However, whatever the historic origins and meaning of the symbol, it also has since been sometimes interpreted to convey racially-tinged messages in some contexts. For example, in June 2014, assailants with connections to white supremacist groups draped the bodies of two murdered police officers with the Gadsden flag during their Las Vegas, Nevada shooting spree . . . Additionally, in 2014, African-American New Haven firefighters complained about the presence of the Gadsden flag in the workplace on the basis that the symbol was racially insensitive . . . Certainly, Complainant ascribes racial connotations to the symbol based on observations that it is sometimes displayed in racially-tinged situations.

In light of the ambiguity in the current meaning of this symbol, we find that Complainant’s claim must be investigated to determine the specific context in which C1 displayed the symbol in the workplace."

We all get that private employers have great leeway in policing speech, but this isn't that--it's about rules that employers MUST follow. What is chilling here is, where does it stop? A Black Lives Matter sticker? A Stop Illegal Immigration bumper sticker? If someone complains, are you, as the employer, going to risk a lawsuit or ask the other person to stop that kind of speech in the workplace?

What if it is a Trump/Pence sticker?

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:13 PM
    Liked 10,904 Times in 5,743 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    "We’re going to have to change our traditions, our history; we’re going to have to move into a different place as a nation to provide the kind of future we all want desperately for our children."

-Michelle Obama

But government isn't getting too big for its britches, is it?
    Worry about yourself, Moochelle.

BTW, how can we "change our history?" What happened happened the way it did like it or not. You can't change it. What a stupid thing to say... Unless of course you're floating a trial balloon for lying to our children and making history up.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:13 PM
    Liked 10,904 Times in 5,743 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I think it was the Volokh Conspiracy that broke this story. The scary thing, as he points out, is that after saying the flag isn't inherently racist, they say, "However, whatever the historic origins and meaning of the symbol, it also has since been sometimes interpreted to convey racially-tinged messages in some contexts. For example, in June 2014, assailants with connections to white supremacist groups draped the bodies of two murdered police officers with the Gadsden flag during their Las Vegas, Nevada shooting spree . . . Additionally, in 2014, African-American New Haven firefighters complained about the presence of the Gadsden flag in the workplace on the basis that the symbol was racially insensitive . . . Certainly, Complainant ascribes racial connotations to the symbol based on observations that it is sometimes displayed in racially-tinged situations.

In light of the ambiguity in the current meaning of this symbol, we find that Complainant’s claim must be investigated to determine the specific context in which C1 displayed the symbol in the workplace."

We all get that private employers have great leeway in policing speech, but this isn't that--it's about rules that employers MUST follow. What is chilling here is, where does it stop? A Black Lives Matter sticker? A Stop Illegal Immigration bumper sticker? If someone complains, are you, as the employer, going to risk a lawsuit or ask the other person to stop that kind of speech in the workplace?

What if it is a Trump/Pence sticker?
    Depends which Trump/Pence sticker...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:29 PM
    Liked 6,854 Times in 3,590 Posts

Premium Member

Many years ago I had a friend move into my house for about six months.

I came home from work one day to find the Gadsden flag hanging at one end of my front porch. He saw it at a flag shop in the area and thought it was cool and all because of the Metallica black album.

I took it down because I didn't understand the proper meaning or what it really meant to fly it. It was oddly alarming to pull in and see it on my property. It didn't seem right to just have it up there cause it looked cool... but that's just me. We got drunk and argued about it, but the flag never went back up. It's hanging over a window in his garage these days.

Just thought I'd share that little tale about that flag. I just feel you need to know the history of something and understand what it means.

His brother was recently in the news for flying confederate flags outside of his house in the Columbus area.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

If this keeps up they'll want to build a kinder gentler White House since it was built by slaves.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

-Michelle Obama
    We should remember that this is a woman who never had any pride whatsoever in the USA until her own husband was going to be elected POTUS.

“For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country.”
    - M. Obama, 2008

Wretch.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 2,391 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    We should remember that this is a woman who never had any pride whatsoever in the USA until her own husband was going to be elected POTUS.

- M. Obama, 2008

Wretch.
    Right up there with .."Man caused disasters"
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Right up there with .."Man caused disasters"
    Ewww
    Janet Napolitano's Obama posturing on global terrorism.

Vomit.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post

BTW, how can we "change our history?" What happened happened the way it did like it or not. You can't change it. What a stupid thing to say... Unless of course you're floating a trial balloon for lying to our children and making history up.
    The libtards will just rewrite history
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

- M. Obama, 2008

Wretch.
    Piss on her
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:31 PM
    Liked 8,803 Times in 4,766 Posts

Premium Member

- M. Obama, 2008

Wretch.
    The country that enabled she and her husband to become successful and wealthy, long before he became our worst president. Ungrateful fucking bitch.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post

I recently stumbled upon a Canadian history textbook that was used when I was in school. Felt like I was reading a fairy tale. Read the entire chapter on the settling of the west...not ONE word about the Indigenous people of the region. In other words, totally whitewashed, and as a result, an inaccurate portrayal of the country's history.

Barely a word about slavery either, but of course the Underground Railroad was in there.

I can't speak for the US, but when I hear "change our history" I think "tell the whole story", based on my experience...

As for the "Moochelle"...my child stopped changing names like that by age 10...just sayin'
    Last edited by cdnangel; 08.05.16 at 09:19 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

08.19.16 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 196 Times in 144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdnangel View Post
    I recently stumbled upon a Canadian history textbook that was used when I was in school. Felt like I was reading a fairy tale. Read the entire chapter on the settling of the west...not ONE word about the Indigenous people of the region. In other words, totally whitewashed, and as a result, an inaccurate portrayal of the country's history.

Not a word about slavery either, but of course the Underground train was in there.

I can't speak for the US, but when I hear "change our history" I think "tell the whole story", based on my experience...
    Revisionist history is a pejorative phrase in the U.S. but the most misunderstood. Every generation must reassess the past based on new evidence, new voices, and their own experiences, as they have been shaped by the past. Only fools cling to the notion that history is static.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post: