Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 10,831 Times in 5,695 Posts

Premium Member

Default Papa Johns "racial slur"

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/20...al-slur-order/

Let me make sure I've got this correct because I'm having trouble following the logic here. Some black kid who works at Papa Johns models the behavior he sees daily in the black entertainment community by calling his friend the N word on an order ticket and now Papa Johns is the one at fault?

I wonder if those who are "outraged" will hold black rappers and other blacks who use this word daily accountable as well.

And to mom, if you don't know how to handle this then I question your fitness as a parent. Maybe you should have asked your son what was going on and then told him this was inappropriate and left it at that. Instead, you just caused a young black man to lose his job for simply acting the way he sees his "role models" behave without consequence on a daily basis.

If you really want to do something about this stop celebrating and condoning the black culture that has embraced this type of language.

It certainly isn't Papa Johns fault.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I blame Peyton.

Nice Pre avi dood!
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:14 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/20...al-slur-order/

Let me make sure I've got this correct because I'm having trouble following the logic here. Some black kid who works at Papa Johns models the behavior he sees daily in the black entertainment community by calling his friend the N word on an order ticket and now Papa Johns is the one at fault?

I wonder if those who are "outraged" will hold black rappers and other blacks who use this word daily accountable as well.

And to mom, if you don't know how to handle this then I question your fitness as a parent. Maybe you should have asked your son what was going on and then told him this was inappropriate and left it at that. Instead, you just caused a young black man to lose his job for simply acting the way he sees his "role models" behave without consequence on a daily basis.

If you really want to do something about this stop celebrating and condoning the black culture that has embraced this type of language.

It certainly isn't Papa Johns fault.
    They're not responsible for anything they do now. It's always someone else's fault.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Is this what it has come to? Stories about race every goddamn day?

Black people pissed off at cops...white pissed off at blacks?

We lament this shit, yet we perpetuate it by posting stories about it and getting all up in arms over parenting.

So guess what happens? A bunch of white guys railing about "personal responsibility" and the black community...AGAIN.
    Last edited by CaboChris; 07.23.16 at 02:27 PM.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Is this what it has come too? Stories about race every goddamn day?

Black people pissed off at cops...white pissed off at blacks?

We lament this shit, yet we perpetuate it by posting stories about it and getting all up in arms over parenting.

So guess what happens? A bunch of white guys railing about "personal responsibility" and the black community...AGAIN.
    Well if they'd fucking police themselves this wouldn't be a problem, now would it?

Mom is the one who caused the issue by immediately rushing to a race hustler presumably before she knew the facts. And of course this guy had to run to the press and make a stink about it. So tell me who's pushing the racial shit. I'm sure these two thought it was a white guy that did this and then, "Oops. It was a black friend. Now what do we do? Oh, we'll just go after Papa Johns to cover our own ass."

And the sad part? A young black man lost his job over this. Unemployment amongst blacks and especially young blacks is through the roof. This kid was at least working which is more than can be said for a lot of his peers. So he gets fired for doing something stupid, but something he sees his "role models" do on a regular basis. Papa Johns had no choice but to terminate him.

However, if mom would have refrained from running to the race hustler and found out the facts, this could have been handled internally and the kid could have been coached that this kind of prank is not acceptable in the workplace and kept his job.

I'm surprised you can't see this.

10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I see it...but the story itself, isn't what I'm talking about. I couldn't care less about it with all due respect.

Now, I'm sure posting stories about race is a reflection of what's going on currently but I'm seeing more and morr stories about this subject posted at the Links and I do start to wonder why?

I have a hard time, as someome who isn't black...pontificating about what black people should or should not be doing. What seems to come across is a very angry attitude on both sides of the issue and that's understandable but all it's doing HERE...is fanning the flames.

The usual shit. "fuck Jackson/Sharpton"..."the problem is no father's in the home"..."fuck black lives matter"..."fuck the democrats for perpetrating race-baiting"..."where are the parents"..."the mom is a fucking bitch"..."the father should be sterilized and no more babies"....yada yada yada...

How many new threads do we need dedicated, to these stories involving race?

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:36 AM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

I see it...but the story itself, isn't what I'm talking about. I couldn't care less about it with all due respect.

Now, I'm sure posting stories about race is a reflection of what's going on currently but I'm seeing more and morr stories about this subject posted at the Links and I do start to wonder why?

I have a hard time, as someome who isn't black...pontificating about what black people should or should not be doing. What seems to come across is a very angry attitude on both sides of the issue and that's understandable but all it's doing HERE...is fanning the flames.

The usual shit. "fuck Jackson/Sharpton"..."the problem is no father's in the home"..."fuck black lives matter"..."fuck the democrats for perpetrating race-baiting"..."where are the parents"..."the mom is a fucking bitch"..."the father should be sterilized and no more babies"....yada yada yada...

Unfortunately, Chris, the answer is pretty evident, as you already noted.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Here's the thing Chris. I saw this in my local paper. They ran the story, not me.

I don't do Facebook or twitter. This is the extent of my online socializing. So when I see a topic that i think people may wish to discuss, I post it. If you don't like the subject to or are tired of it, by all means ignore it. Doesn't bother me in the least. And if you want to debate it from a different perspective you're welcome to as well. No hard feelings either way.
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 07.23.16 at 05:50 PM.

16. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

It's what you do in a discussion forum. You discuss.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

18. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    I blame Peyton.

Nice Pre avi dood!
    Thanks! Playing guitar and running are pretty much my only hobbies and Pre and Ed are (or were in Pre's case) two of the best at their respective crafts.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 913 Times in 484 Posts

You forgot "Where's Eddie's other 10 albums of material?," "Did Dave quit or did he get fired?," "Is it really Van Halen without Mike?" Yadda yadda!

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Don't see the reason why you are shitting all over yourself on this. It's a god damn news bit that was run on tv. If the real world gets you riled up and all twisted, then stop rolling up here. Good lord man. Go play a video game or some shit.

I hate it when fucks get all pissed at the real world. And if you feel the need to respond to me, I will welcome it. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Don't see the reason why you are shitting all over yourself on this. It's a god damn news bit that was run on tv. If the real world gets you riled up and all twisted, then stop rolling up here. Good lord man. Go play a video game or some shit.

I hate it when fucks get all pissed at the real world. And if you feel the need to respond to me, I will welcome it. Out.
    You funny. Out.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    It's what you do in a discussion forum. You discuss.
    'Discussion' usually infers a cool-headed, evenly-balanced exchange of ideas and views...Where certain issues are concerned, I don't always see too much of that taking place - not just on here but all over the media. I do see a lot of agenda-driven vitriol though - none of which helps make this world a better place; it just further entrenches people's personal stereotypes, bigotries, hatred and suspicion; it perpetuates division and discord. All very sad.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

24. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:36 AM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    'Discussion' usually infers a cool-headed, evenly-balanced exchange of ideas and views...Where certain issues are concerned, I don't always see too much of that taking place - not just on here but all over the media. I do see a lot of agenda-driven vitriol though - none of which helps make this world a better place; it just further entrenches people's personal stereotypes, bigotries, hatred and suspicion; it perpetuates division and discord. All very sad.
    Some scared little white boys here....a certain same old handful who ironically worship the same rock star that would find their views abhorrent and embarrassingly low in intelligence...are all about perpetuating bigotries, division, and discord. It makes them feel like they have a semblance of control in a world that perhaps they feel doesn't offer them much.

Someone should do a study on that. Why is that so many rabid right wing racist redneck white boys love a bisexual Jewish progressive rock star? Perhaps because he can do and does do the things that they can never do? It's worth a thirty second pondering or two.

But not more than that.

26. The Following Member Likes This Post: