Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 10,880 Times in 5,726 Posts

Premium Member

Default Global Warming Expedition Stopped In Its Tracks By Arctic Sea Ice

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/07/...rctic-sea-ice/

I guess they didn't find what they were looking for. Or did they find what they weren't looking for?

"Their objective, as laid out by their website, was to demonstrate that the Arctic sea ice coverage shrinks back so far now in the summer months that sea that was permanently locked up now can allow passage through.”

There has been one small hiccup thus-far though: they are currently stuck in Murmansk, Russia because there is too much ice blocking the North East passage the team said didn’t exist in summer months, according to Real Climate Science
    ."

Oops. Guess they miscalculated on that one...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Same thing happened a few years back.

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate at Bergen Norway

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in
    climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81
    degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report
    continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

I must apologize.

I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 93 years ago.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Same thing happened a few years back.

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate at Bergen Norway

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in
    climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81
    degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report
    continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

I must apologize.

I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 93 years ago.

Heh, I was going to post that too...

5. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

I grew up near a large glacier that supplies a lot of the fresh water in Western Canada. It's mind boggling how far it's receded in recent years.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 2,028 Times in 1,265 Posts

There melting quick. Can't believe we're still arguing it's not happening. The oceans are warming rising. Several island nations will soon be looking for another place to live.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    There melting quick. Can't believe we're still arguing it's not happening. The oceans are warming rising. Several island nations will soon be looking for another place to live.
    Were arguing about it because it is not happening.

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...mist-disaster/

And even if it is, there's nothing we're going to do to stop it. We could all back to living in caves and eating raw meat and the climate is still going to change. Sometimes it will get warmer and sometimes it will get cooler.

But you're free to believe what you will.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:32 PM
    Liked 1,108 Times in 571 Posts

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/antar...-be-shrinking/

We must be doing something kind of right.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Were arguing about it because it is not happening.

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...mist-disaster/

And even if it is, there's nothing we're going to do to stop it. We could all back to living in caves and eating raw meat and the climate is still going to change. Sometimes it will get warmer and sometimes it will get cooler.

But you're free to believe what you will.
    It IS happening.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/emp...al-warming.htm

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdnangel View Post
    For every link you provide that claims it is, I can provide one that counters it.

But there's a simple test to see what's really going on. It used to be called "global warming" by the alarmist crew. They now refer to it is "climate change." Why do you think that is?

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

I have no problem getting on the so called green bandwagon when the technology to heat,cool,and power my house from one 3 ft square solar panel is achieved. I also would consider an electric car or truck that was priced right and could get me as much mileage and power as compared to gasoline with a battery that does not have to be replaced every 3 years for 13 grand. But that's not here yet and at my age I doubt it will be in my lifetime. So why rush it? To tax existing energy out of business? We play god way to much let the market dictate the course .
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:48 PM
    Liked 8,750 Times in 4,730 Posts

Premium Member

For every link you provide that claims it is, I can provide one that counters it.

But there's a simple test to see what's really going on. It used to be called "global warming" by the alarmist crew. They now refer to it is "climate change." Why do you think that is?
    Huh. Who knew, that after having a volcanic age and an ice age, that the earth's climate actually changes over time?

17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 648 Times in 358 Posts

Among scientists, both have been used interchangeably since at least the 70's, possibly longer. And still are today.

Among the political side, it comes from Frank Luntz, a consultant who advised the Bush administration in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Luntz, 2003
    It’s time for us to start talking about “climate change” instead of global warming and “conservation” instead of preservation…“Climate change” is less frightening than “global warming”…While global warming has catastrophic connotations attached to it, climate change suggests a more controllable and less emotional challenge

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I have no problem getting on the so called green bandwagon when the technology to heat,cool,and power my house from one 3 ft square solar panel is achieved. I also would consider an electric car or truck that was priced right and could get me as much mileage and power as compared to gasoline with a battery that does not have to be replaced every 3 years for 13 grand. But that's not here yet and at my age I doubt it will be in my lifetime. So why rush it? To tax existing energy out of business? We play god way to much let the market dictate the course .
    Sorry, you're either all in or out. Left or right, pick a side....no middle ground or thinking or common sense please.

Sad that we have to argue about being environmentally smart. Regardless if you believe in Climate change/global warming/whatever the fuck you wanna call it, what harm could come from trying to use less natural resources or running factories cleaner etc, etc.

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 648 Times in 358 Posts

For solar, it partly depends on where you live, and partly on govt regulations. My mother, who lives on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia, has had solar who about a decade and it paid for itself after a few years, and she hasn't seen an electricity bill in about the last 4 years. She actually sells electricity back into the grid. And that's from a relatively small couple of panels on a condo. It is a very sunny area though and doesn't really get any winter.

22. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post
    Sorry, you're either all in or out. Left or right, pick a side....no middle ground or thinking or common sense please.

Sad that we have to argue about being environmentally smart. Regardless if you believe in Climate change/global warming/whatever the fuck you wanna call it, what harm could come from trying to use less natural resources or running factories cleaner etc, etc.

With all due respect your little snide "pick a side" comments are growing tiresome. Especially when it's clear through your posts and likes which "side" you're on.

In this case, no one is arguing that environmentally friendly approaches to energy should not be explored and developed. However, they also should not be rushed to market and heavily subsidized by tax payers based on a hoax and a lie. And anthropological global warming is a hoax and a lie.

I live in Colorado. We have huge mountain cirques and moraines that were caused by the massive glaciation that covered this part of the country thousands of years ago. Those glaciers melted long before mankind even walked the earth, much less burned fossil fuels. So tell me, what caused them to melt? Could you explain to me why when the dinosaurs roamed the planet it was warmer than it is now?

It is foolhardy and arrogant to believe that man has any effect on the climate of this planet. When the next Mt. Pinatubo blows it will expel thousands of tons more "pollution" then man generates in years. But the planet will do what it always does and it will eventually balance out.

24. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: