Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 5,127 Times in 2,425 Posts

Default Temple of the Dog

25th anniversary release. And Matt Cameron sounds a bit like Ed/Al on his view of old demos and outtakes.

____

"I do not enjoy the current philosophy, where it's sort of expected that you release all of your outtakes and rehearsals and demos, I really donít like that aspect of it at all.

"But the fans really like it, so I'm always talked into having those things in our Soundgarden re-releases. We're trying to get 'Badmotorfinger' off right now, we're trying to figure out what to put on that, and there were a lot really cool outtakes and things like that.

"I personally, as a songwriter and as a performer, don't really want people to hear that [laughs]. But I guess as a fan, it's cool to hear the inner workings of how a record gets made."

Focusing on "Temple of the Dog" reissue, Matt added: "I think there's probably alternate takes, and I think Chris made demos.

"But his demos are pretty freaking cool. Some of his demos are amazing. I think that would be OK. I guess it depends on the quality. But as a musician, I like people to hear the finished product.

"It's not a deal breaker for me, it's more of a philosophical difference, I guess. The process of creating music is fantastic, as an artist, but thereís got to be some privacy there."

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

Matt Cameron Looks Back at Temple of the Dog

http://radio.com/2016/07/14/matt-cam...le-of-the-dog/

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 8,708 Times in 4,704 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    25th anniversary release. And Matt Cameron sounds a bit like Ed/Al on his view of old demos and outtakes.

____

"I do not enjoy the current philosophy, where it's sort of expected that you release all of your outtakes and rehearsals and demos, I really don’t like that aspect of it at all.

"But the fans really like it, so I'm always talked into having those things in our Soundgarden re-releases. We're trying to get 'Badmotorfinger' off right now, we're trying to figure out what to put on that, and there were a lot really cool outtakes and things like that.

"I personally, as a songwriter and as a performer, don't really want people to hear that [laughs]. But I guess as a fan, it's cool to hear the inner workings of how a record gets made."

Focusing on "Temple of the Dog" reissue, Matt added: "I think there's probably alternate takes, and I think Chris made demos.

"But his demos are pretty freaking cool. Some of his demos are amazing. I think that would be OK. I guess it depends on the quality. But as a musician, I like people to hear the finished product.

"It's not a deal breaker for me, it's more of a philosophical difference, I guess. The process of creating music is fantastic, as an artist, but there’s got to be some privacy there."

LOVE that album! And to this day, IMO, Matt is easily the best drummer out of the Seattle grunge drummers of that era. A beautiful combination of power and finesse, and he always gets great tones. Temple of The Dog is some of his finest work. It's too bad he is wasted in Pearl Jam, when he plays with them he doesn't even sound like himself...

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Holy crap. That's pretty cool.

Honestly I get the demos thing. It's sort of like releasing an "early" cut of a film. It wasn't finished, and as someone who has done some embarrassing takes, I get it.

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 730 Times in 435 Posts

I wish these guys were playing somewhere near Chicago.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Never cared for them, or most of that whole scene, yet to each their own. There were a couple of grunge era bands that I didn't mind, though.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Holy crap. That's pretty cool.

Honestly I get the demos thing. It's sort of like releasing an "early" cut of a film. It wasn't finished, and as someone who has done some embarrassing takes, I get it.
    Yeah, I understand the reasoning as well. Been there, done that!

Cool that he understands the fan aspect of wanting those rarities, though... If only some other acts would have the same mindset!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora