The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 11,719 Times in 6,493 Posts

Premium Member

Default Open Letter: Dear Celebrities Who Support Black Lives Matter

Open Letter: Dear Celebrities Who Support Black Lives Matter

Jul. 13, 2016

Dear Beyonc and Snoop Dogg and Stevie Wonder and all the celebrities who have supported Black Lives Matter since the string of tragic civilian and police officer shootings last week:

Your sway on our culture is immeasurable. You have tried to use that influence for what you believe is good. Thank you for attempting to make the world better, even if we sometimes disagree on the terms of what better means. We address you with concern, empathy and a spirit of reconciliation.

Lately what you have said regarding Black Lives Matter deserves more analysis than you have apparently given it.

Stevie, youve said, Black lives matter because we are the original people of the world. Beyonc, youve said, Were [supposedly Black Lives Matter and its supporters] going to stand up as a community and fight against anyone who believes that murder or any violent action by those who are sworn to protect us should consistently go unpunished.

Snoop, you said at a recent Black Lives Matter rally, We here to show support for these police officers and try to get some dialogue with them so that way, when they hit the streets, they know that we just like them. We OK. We can communicate.

Great. Lets communicate. Well start with what we all agree on.

First, black lives matter. Unequivocally. The violent terror that people, primarily black people statistics show, endure in the inner city is appalling and absolutely must be addressed.

Second, there have been horrific shootings involving white police officers and black men. Laquan McDonald in Chicago and Walter Scott Smith in North Charleston come to mind. Both officers involved were indicted. There is a dire problem with some police officers behavior, and we want to address and correct that just as much as you do.

But this is likely where our agreement ends. And we hope youll still hear us out. The art of civil discourse includes considering each side of an issue, even if we disagree.

We have some statistics for you. The mainstream media does not report them because well, thats an entirely different letter. We hope you will simply read and contemplate. We offer them not with combativeness, but with truthfulness.

Fewer than 400 people a year are killed by cops, and 61 percent of them are white.

Ninety percent of murdered blacks are murdered by other blacks.

A police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is likely to be killed by a police officer.

Black males have comprised 40 percent of officer killers in the last decade, even though they make up six percent of the population.

Four percent of all black homicide victims are killed by police officers.

More than 6,000 blacks are murdered each year. Even though blacks are only 13 percent of the population, they are dying at a rate more than eight times that of whites and Hispanics combined.

Up to 75 percent of black children are raised without fathers. Dallas police chief David Brown mentioned this in a recent press conference, saying that law enforcement is often unfairly expected to deal with many of these damaged individuals who turn to crime after growing up without discipline, guidance and role models.

The DOJ has found that 85 percent of violence involving a black and a white is black on white.

If you dont believe these statistics, most from FBI data, maybe youll appreciate a Harvard study by black economics professor Roland G. Fryer. His research of more than 1,000 officer-involved shootings revealed that, though there might be racial bias when officers use other types of force (pushing a suspect to the ground, etc.), there was there was no indication of racial bias when officers fired guns. Fryers research also revealed that officers were more likely to shoot a white suspect than a black one.

In fact, a sophisticated 2014 University of Washington study determined that officers, though they often felt more threatened by black suspects, actually hesitate longer to decide to shoot armed black suspects than white suspects.

You see, Beyonc , Stevie and Snoop, the information you share with fans and the world is emotional and reactive, not fact. And Black Lives Matter is great at creating its own truth.

The biggest problem in race relations today is not the cops or racial bias. Its blacks killing blacks. Why doesnt Black Lives Matter address that?

Would you address it?

We all want the same things: law, order, respect, and peace. Lets work together to obtain them. But to do that, beliefs must be true, not emotional rhetoric generated by mainstream media. Beyonc , Stevie and Snoop, your bold but misguided battle against the myth of endemic white racism would be better focused elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Those Who Love Truth

http://www.lifezette.com/popzette/op...-lives-matter/
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 5,127 Times in 2,425 Posts

Seems like a divisive movement that only hurts race relations. I like how (Ben Shapiro) hands people their ass on some of the issues. His first response here is priceless. Gangsta

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

Like I said yesterday....it all starts with families and raising children and we suck as a society at that whites too and when 75% of black kids have no father that's where the problem starts. Now how you get rid of that problem is the million dollar question.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

6. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 11,719 Times in 6,493 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    Seems like a divisive movement that only hurts race relations. I like how (Ben Shapiro) hands people their ass on some of the issues. His first response here is priceless. Gangsta

Shapiro is a mensch.
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 6,667 Times in 3,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Like I said yesterday....it all starts with families and raising children and we suck as a society at that whites too and when 75% of black kids have no father that's where the problem starts. Now how you get rid of that problem is the million dollar question.
    It really is. And it's not just an American black problem. Same issue up here but not to the extreme we see stateside. I really think that the single parent home becoming "normal" is a society killer.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

10.26.17 @ 05:29 PM
    Liked 172 Times in 106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    It really is. And it's not just an American black problem. Same issue up here but not to the extreme we see stateside. I really think that the single parent home becoming "normal" is a society killer.
    I think there is more to it than that. I grew up in a middle-class single-parent home (my parents divorced when I was 2). I have many friends and family members who grew up in single-parent homes as well and the vast majority of them turned out to be good, hard-working people. I think the bigger issue is that many people who grow up in a perpetually poor environment don't understand the value of hard work and of caring for and respecting ones property.

I think putting a community of poor people in housing projects is a terrible idea. Why? Because then you have a group of people who are unemployed or underemployed, under-educated, and living in a place that everyone treats like a garbage dump. We would be better served to spread the poor (at least those that have young kids) out among the community. If they grow up around kids whose parents go to work everyday and who mow their lawn, wash their car, etc., they will be more apt to want to emulate that behavior.

As much as I can't stand Hillary Clinton, I do think she is right to some degree that "it takes a village". That isn't to say that a child growing up in the ghetto in a single-parent home, surrounded by drug users and crime can't rise above that and be a successful person, but statistically, the odds are stacked against them.
    Last edited by VHisback; 07.17.16 at 05:34 AM.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Single parent home here too. For the most part anyway. Dad was an alcoholic and wife beater that was in and out of the picture. Life was poorer when he was out of the picture, but much more peaceful then when he was in the picture. When he would drink , I just knew the shit was going to hit the fan, and my mom was going to hit his hand with her face. He didn't abandon us, my mom simply got tired of the abuse. So did my brother who(when he got older and bigger then my dad) threatened to kill him if he ever touched her again.

After he was out of the picture, my brother did stray pretty hard. Caused my mom a lot of anguish. I saw that and started down the same road as well. When I saw what both of her son's being knuckleheads was doing to her, I straightened up. Brother did too eventually. I guess my point is, while I certainly think the two parent household is ideal, it simply may not be what is best for every family.

The violent nature of today's youth is what's more troubling for me. I've never not valued life like it appears some of the youth of today don't value it.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Default Open Letter: Dear Celebrities Who Support Black Lives Matter

Did they find two of the biggest black idiots for this debate? Seriously how stupid were those two?

Notice her little antisemitic jab at Shapiro talking about not being Jewish enough unless you're a doctor or lawyer. That shit is OK of course. Imagine if he said that to her.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

16. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 913 Times in 484 Posts

The thing is anyone can Google those statistics Ben gives (like in this piece...just in case anybody missed it...not that I wrote it). The thing is, for most of us, if we have to go to work, we can't say these things out loud, or we'll be unemployable pariahs. If you have any black friends they may also take it wrong and there you go losing friends. Yet it's the "elephant in the room!" We're supposed to have 13% of the people committing 50% of the crime and yet keep saying the problem is skin color. As I told a black female friend of mine, who's been probably my very best friend since high school, we aren't afraid of black people, we're afraid of being murdered!

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:21 PM
    Liked 10,811 Times in 5,684 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    Single parent home here too. For the most part anyway. Dad was an alcoholic and wife beater that was in and out of the picture. Life was poorer when he was out of the picture, but much more peaceful then when he was in the picture. When he would drink , I just knew the shit was going to hit the fan, and my mom was going to hit his hand with her face. He didn't abandon us, my mom simply got tired of the abuse. So did my brother who(when he got older and bigger then my dad) threatened to kill him if he ever touched her again.

After he was out of the picture, my brother did stray pretty hard. Caused my mom a lot of anguish. I saw that and started down the same road as well. When I saw what both of her son's being knuckleheads was doing to her, I straightened up. Brother did too eventually. I guess my point is, while I certainly think the two parent household is ideal, it simply may not be what is best for every family.

The violent nature of today's youth is what's more troubling for me. I've never not valued life like it appears some of the youth of today don't value it.
    I got about half and half. My parents divorced when I was 12 and then I lived with my dad.

He busted his ass to make sure that I was taken care of, we went to a lot of Lakers games and did a lot of sports together until I started high school, and then he was at all of my games.

I shudder to think what would have happened to me if he hadn't done that. I was already pretty troubled by my mom leaving the house, I still am to this day but my dad did as much as he could to mitigate that. Hell, he even bought me my 5150 half stack even though his comment was "why do you need something so big and loud?" LOL.

That said, I know my life would be different if my mother hadn't walked out on us. It affected me pretty bad, especially since I'm an only child. I internalized it for a lot of years and to this day it still causes me a lot of anger. And this is coming from someone who grew up in an upper middle class environment with good future prospects. I can see how a poor black kid in the ghetto who's dad doesn't give a flying fuck about him would "turn to the darkside" with no positive role model and no good future prospects. I'm not excusing it, but I can understand it.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.