Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

www.pagesix.com

VAN HALEN'S
    GETTING VICIOUS

By RICHARD JOHNSON with Paula Froelich and Chris Wilson

SAMMY Hagar, finished with fellow Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth, is dissing Diamond Dave's oversize ego, deteriorating singing voice and vanishing hairline.
    Hagar and Roth had been co-headlining this summer's laboriously titled "Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth Tour 2002: Song for Song, the Heavyweight Champs of Rock and Roll." But after butting heads with Roth non-stop since they began touring in May, Hagar vows never to work with him again.

"The guy is a [bleep]hole," Hagar told PAGE SIX. "He will never go on tour with me again. He's gonna have to draw a crowd on his own."

Hagar and Roth, who were fired from Van Halen in 1996 and 1985 respectively, had traded insults for years before declaring a truce for the tour. But Hagar says that Roth's prima donna antics have ruined their relationship.

"He's not a man of his word," Hagar fumes. "Dave came to me because no one wanted to book him by himself, because he's such a flake and he has such a bad reputation. But I just can't work with him anymore."

While Hagar admits that Roth's set of Van Halen classics is a crowd-pleaser, he ridicules Roth's decline from swaggering rock god to middle-age nostalgia act. "His voice is not too good. You sit there and go, 'I just saw a guy who was half the singer and half the performer he used to be, who spray-paints his hair on before he goes on stage and still acts like he's in Van Halen in 1982!' . . . It's a joke to me, it's like Liberace or something."

One of mop-topped Hagar's favorite targets is Roth's thinning locks. "We were all on the same plane to go to a show in Dallas, and Dave's hair was brown underneath his hat," Hagar tattles. "The night of the show it was raving platinum. I'd hate to be there when he puts that thing on."

Hagar says that he and Roth were supposed to finish their tour Sept. 2 at Jones Beach, but Roth vetoed it. "He said, 'I don't like the venue.' He wanted to play at Madison Square Garden and he wanted to close. He wasn't going to do it, so we canceled the show."

But while New Yorkers won't see Hagar and Roth sharing the same stage, a solo Hagar is playing a free concert Aug. 29 at Irving Plaza. Since it falls close to the one-year anniversary of Sept. 11, half the tickets will be distributed to Port Authority cops and 9/11 rescue workers.

Despite his dislike of Roth, Hagar says the tour was a hit with Van Halen fans. "It was always a great audience and it was a great rock and roll show," he said. "If it wasn't for that, I would have put him back in nightclubs were he belongs."

Roth did not return calls for comment.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

did DLR sleep with his wife or what?

[img]smile.gif[/img]

cheers,

SToRM
    dave, we'd like to go upstairs, the two of us, with you ...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave, I sure wish you would show some class and quit trash talking. I know you are insecure and all, but jeez. If I weren't a Rothtard, I wouldn't follow you so blindly.

Oh, wait, this is Shammy spewing his fucked up shit again. Carry on Spambo, this is right in character for you and all of YOUR fans will just love it. bleeeetttt baaaaaaahhhhh we love you Sammy, more more more! You are the man!

Oh wait, Dave is not returning for comment on this? Show some class like Sam.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

What the hell Sammy? Did Dave piss into a bottle of your Cabo Wabo or what?

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

.....yea they both need to stop drinking
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe Sammy's heard who VH plan on taking out with them, and he's a little jealous.

This sure does kinda throw some water on the fire about if they plan on touring with both singers.

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

See, it's shit like this that makes me want to quit being a fan of either of these two! I'm still hesitant about going to see them next week and the only thing really drawing me into going (outside of free VIP box seats) is seeing Mikey onstage.

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

This sucks but was probably inevitable. I hope they finish the tour and finish it strong!

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 2,106 Times in 688 Posts

Or maybe Sammy got word that he's back in VH and decided to rub it in and make a break with Dave.

Just when we were getting our hopes up over Mikey's comments about the Fall. Again.
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How reputable is this source? It seems odd for Sam to make such a statement with dates yet to complete. Granted, it could just be a way of fanning the fire of their "competition" but it just seems odd to me. And as for Sam being jealous as to the possible selection of Roth to return to Van Halen, I seriously doubt that he cares. Don't get me wrong, I think Sam would return to VH under the right circumstances and I think that part of him really wants to. But, the bottom line is he has a successful solo career in a niche that's just right. I've seen him the last three years in St. Louis and the two before that in KC and the guy isn't losing any steam. I think Roth's return to Van Halen amounts to a fart in a whirl wind as far as Sam's concerned.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Executionor:
    Dave, I sure wish you would show some class and quit trash talking. I know you are insecure and all, but jeez. If I weren't a Rothtard, I wouldn't follow you so blindly. (like most hard core roff fans this one fails to transmit a simple concept like SARCASM)
    Sounds like Roff fucked him over. Since you're willing to believe that Sammy actually said this shit then you must believe the rest of the article:

Hagar says that he and Roth were supposed to finish their tour Sept. 2 at Jones Beach, but Roth vetoed it. "He said, 'I don't like the venue.' He wanted to play at Madison Square Garden and he wanted to close. He wasn't going to do it, so we canceled the show."
    Sounds like maybe he has a right to be mad?! And has anyone listened to Dave trash talk lately? The Stern interview. Every interview the guy has ever done recently?

Y'see, Dave trash talks and the roftards loooooove it. They take that trash talk and the shiny blue suit right to the bank. It's just "dave being dave". Sam trash talks and "..it's not faaaaaaair". The David Lee Rott fans constant quest for liberty and fairness on internet message boards knows no bounds . Yeah, ok.

bk
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Sean:
    How reputable is this source? It seems odd for Sam to make such a statement with dates yet to complete. Granted, it could just be a way of fanning the fire of their "competition" but it just seems odd to me. And as for Sam being jealous as to the possible selection of Roth to return to Van Halen, I seriously doubt that he cares. Don't get me wrong, I think Sam would return to VH under the right circumstances and I think that part of him really wants to. But, the bottom line is he has a successful solo career in a niche that's just right. I've seen him the last three years in St. Louis and the two before that in KC and the guy isn't losing any steam. I think Roth's return to Van Halen amounts to a fart in a whirl wind as far as Sam's concerned.
    Excellent post Sean.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

If Sammy did indeed make that statement, was it in jest? If Sam was serious, would that be surprising? We all knew that a tour like that wouldn't be perfect with those 2 egos. So, it shouldn't be all that surprising.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Both Hagar und Roth are doing all this trash talking mainly for one reason - publicity. Think there'd be very visable and prominently places write-ups in USA Today und other places of this tour if ol Sam and Dave were buddies?

This is all marketing kids, don't fall for it. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SgtSchultz:
    Both Hagar und Roth are doing all this trash talking mainly for one reason - publicity. Think there'd be very visable and prominently places write-ups in USA Today und other places of this tour if ol Sam and Dave were buddies?

This is all marketing kids, don't fall for it. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
    I agree with SgtSchultz. And if I have to read just one more "Sam vs. Dave" diatribe from ANYONE, I am going to puke blood.
    Staying Frosty