Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:01 AM
    Liked 398 Times in 177 Posts

Default Band members favorite tours

Has anyone ever heard any of the band members state which tour they really enjoyed?

Sitting here listening to opening night 1979 and those guys must have been on cloud 9 right at this time.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 2,028 Times in 1,265 Posts

Dave might pick an early one. I'm guessing the rest of them would pick 5150 or some other Sam tour.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:38 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Dave might pick an early one. I'm guessing the rest of them would pick 5150 or some other Sam tour.
    I couldn't really imagine any of the CVH not picking the first tour. Starting on that tour as up starts and the bands growing popularity while on the tour must of been magical for them. All their dreams coming true on that first tour would be unbeatable.

I'm not sure why you would think they would pick a Hagar era tour. I bet they wouldn't pick an era where their singer refused to sing the songs that "made" them.
    Last edited by Dutchie5150; 07.07.16 at 10:30 PM.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xk319 View Post
    Has anyone ever heard any of the band members state which tour they really enjoyed?l.
    NO- I can't remember ever hearing any of them comment about any specific tour. That's a damn good question.

Plenty of commentary about the albums & tunes, but sweet fuck all about the tours stage productions and so forth. That's exactly the kind of trivia chit chat I'd like to hear about.

I know they were bitching about 1984 how they hardly made any money since the production was so expensive.

Ed bitching about the US Festival saying they lost more than they made because of the radio and Showtime broadcast.

Supposedly- The 2007 Stage was initially designed for Prince, and VH scored a good deal on it. ( Not sure though??? comment or rumour I remember. )

The 2004 Big Screen was up for sale a couple years back never did hear how much it went for.

I like Stage Production trivia and Road Stories.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 5,127 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I know they were bitching about 1984 how they hardly made any money since the production was so expensive.
    yeah didn't they have 2 stages and trucks going to the next city to setup for 1984, sounds crazy and expensive.

I'd guess 1979 was a pretty great tour for them. 1st time headlining bulldozing over the US. Probably weren't too sick of DLR yet

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    yeah didn't they have 2 stages and trucks going to the next city to setup for 1984, sounds crazy and expensive.

I'd guess 1979 was a pretty great tour for them. 1st time headlining bulldozing over the US. Probably weren't too sick of DLR yet
    I like Alex's funny anecdotes about the drum rig stuck underneath the stage when it was supposed to pop up but stuck from hydraulic technical issues.

If there's bootleg footage of the shows that they started while the drums still understage I'd get a kick outta seeing it.

Not to mention they set the drums on fire on a few shows in '79.

Crazy fuckers.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 550 Times in 382 Posts

Sammy stated that the band never had more fun than on the 5150 and FUCK tours.

My guess is one of those. They really were great friends at that time. That was never the case for Roth fronted VH.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 11,775 Times in 6,522 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    Sammy stated that the band never had more fun than on the 5150 and FUCK tours.

My guess is one of those. They really were great friends at that time. That was never the case for Roth fronted VH.
    LMFAO
    Yeah, they never had any fun on any of their tours with Roth. THERE IS A FULL MOON ON THE BOARDS
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

14. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 10,882 Times in 5,727 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    LMFAO
    Yeah, they never had any fun on any of their tours with Roth. THERE IS A FULL MOON ON THE BOARDS
    Yeah, I'm sure the first tour when they hadn't played outside of the LA area up to that point and they were melting the faces off audiences world wide and fucking chicks left and right at 23 years old was a bore...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

16. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

LMFAO
    Again, didn't say they didn't have fun. Said they were never great friends. Making you meltdown over every single post is hilarious. Grow some thicker skin pussy.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

I'd say their first tour, when they were following their dreams and slaying crowds around the world, was a memorable one. Also, the second 'World Vacation', where they finally headlined. That's got to be a big deal!

Also the 5150 & F.U.C.K. tours, as they had genuine camaraderie and solid albums. Those four jaunts would be my picks.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 11,775 Times in 6,522 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    Again, didn't say they didn't have fun. Said they were never great friends. Making you meltdown over every single post is hilarious. Grow some thicker skin pussy.
    LOL
    says one of the biggest little bitches on the board.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

I'd also add that I think the 2007 tour (reunion between Ed & Dave, plus Wolf's first tour), and the tours since (Wolf playing stuff from his first official release) would be memorable.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:01 AM
    Liked 544 Times in 277 Posts

I have never heard any of them comment about this. I just think that as they were discovered in 78 and then continuing to climb that mountain in 79 and 80 that it all came together in 81 on the FW tour. It was the first time they had the huge stage setup and the huge sound system (if memory serves me correctly, they bought it from the Bee Gees and, according to DLR, "Van Halenized it"). I saw them from the beginning, and this was the platform they deserved. I know one thing is for sure, 81 was my favorite tour. I was blown away at that concert!

24. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

LOL
    says one of the biggest little bitches on the board.
    Per usual you can't handle my opinions on this band. You continue to police my every post. There was nothing controversial whatsoever about my statement.

Watch live footage of 5150 tour. The band never looked happier.

Now back to being a pussy.