Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 12:10 AM
    Liked 4,604 Times in 3,232 Posts

Premium Member

Default Van Halen, Canada Day concert!!!!

Happy Canada Day!!!!

I've mentioned this before - my first VH concert was a general admission show, where they headlined at Molson Park Barrie Ontario, in 1993.
    You guessed it, the Canada Day festival! Other acts were the Jayhawks, Alannah Myles, Kim Mitchel, and Vince Neil. Bobcat Goldwaith did the introduction speech...

I was there with a bunch of friends, and was actually front row for a few tunes of VH's set.
    Pro-shot footage of VH's opening tune, Mine All Mine, was shown on Much Music. Also some backstage interview stuff where Eddie says "Get me some WD-40" spray for his squeaky EBMM guitar trem. LOL.

I've long since lost the vhs tape I had of this stuff. Highly sentimental to me. Does ANYONE have this in their archives, or know someone who does? I'll pay good $$$ for a copy. I've also said before that this ^^^ is my Oakland... That's how much it means to me!

I was hoping Jeff Hausman could do a shout out on the VHND? Canadian fans on there as well, and perhaps folks that won't see this particular post...

Eddie sported this guitar for the encore, Canadian Neil Young's "Rockin in the Free World"
    EBMM Canada Day Guitar!.jpg 9195_1006373359401931_2825476496258230382_n.jpg EVH Canada Day guitar.jpg
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: