Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 459 Times in 238 Posts

Default Sammy Hagar going back into the tequila business

Sammy Hagar going back into the tequila business

Sammy Hagar is going back into the tequila business, six years after selling the remaining 20% interest in Cabo Wabo Tequila to Gruppo Campari. His total take from the sale was $91 million.

This time out he is partnering with Adam Levine from Maroon 5, who has a home in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. He has put together the original Cabo Wabo team and he hopes to launch his new line in the fall.

Sammy Hagar says, "It's gonna be called Santo, which means saint. So it's Saint, but I can't tell you the other name. But the product is gonna be a hybrid of agave. It's not just a tequila. And it tastes like tequila and it is tequila, but it's a mixture of some other things. And it's so bad ass. I can't tell ya, I can't tell ya. It's so good and it's so different and I'm gonna try to reinvent the game, you know."

Sammy is also retooling his Sammy's Beach Bar Rum. With the sugar cane industry on Maui dwindling, the Beach Bar Rum will be harder to come by, and could possibly go up in price. So he is developing a new line called Sammy's Island Rum.

"I'm looking around the country for other sugar cane and I'm gonna start developing one from, I think Puerto Rico is the one that I found that I think is the best, but you have to put some flavors and stuff into it. Cane is all about, it develops the dirt from the ground it's in, and when you have good clean pure dirt, it's clean pure rum and that's what Sammy's Beach Bar Rum is, from Maui. So that's gonna be smaller and smaller, harder to get, so I'm gonna make a more commercial brand that's better for mixing and stuff. But when you want to sip it straight on the rocks, you got to have Sammy's Beach Bar Rum. So, that's the idea with that."

And here's a little-known fact about Sammy and his love for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It all started thanks to a member of The Rolling Stones.

"Keith Richards had just gotten married down there in 1983 and I saw a picture. I saw an infinity pool and a cactus on a beach and I'm going, 'Desert, ocean, I'm there. Where is this place?' And next thing I know I had a place there where I was living. I bought a piece of property and I was building a cantina. It's like all dirt roads. My accountants thought I was crazy."

When Hagar opened his Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, he did so in partnership with the other three members of Van Halen, but he later bought out their shares.
    blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

10.25.16 @ 12:57 AM
    Liked 852 Times in 527 Posts

Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

Last Online

10.24.16 @ 03:08 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts

Many years ago I had purchased a bottle of the white rum and it sucked. From what I gather there was a bad batch that had made it to market.
    My brother recently got me a bottle of Red Head and I really like the nutty flavors of it. However, I've found that a shot is about the right amount. Any more and the taste kinda turns on you.
    It says something about the brand from Hawaii when you can't get it in Hawaii. I went to a number of liquor stores and didn't find it.
    Hopefully this rebranding, etc. will fix those issues. Time will tell.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 07:36 PM
    Liked 10,986 Times in 5,397 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe what I had was the bad batch then, because I though this rum was really bad, like check the bottle for the built in pourer bad.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Right Now & Unchained
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 12:21 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Maybe what I had was the bad batch then, because I though this rum was really bad, like check the bottle for the built in pourer bad.
    The Rum is not good, I know a couple of people that like it though. I think you love it or hate it, I don't think there is a middle ground. Hmmmmm, sounds familiar around these parts, for some.