Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

05.31.12 @ 04:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my limited capacity to brain-storm, here is what I have come up with as possible reasons the dome is down. Since we know its not technical here are the prime suspects:

1) Ed is very sick now and no one wants to deal with the dome at this time.

2) Brad is on vacation and decided to have a trouble free Christmas break.

3) This is Van Halen's attempts to "punish" those who are calling Mike a liar.

4) Related to 3. This is Van Halen's attempt to kill rumours over the Mike statements.

5) This is some kind of publicity stunt to re-spark the "announcement is coming" hype.

6) The oppisite of 5. This is some sort of way to have us all forget about Dave while Van Halen prepares for a fourth singer.
    "The last singer was a singer, I am THE singer" - DLR

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nerf Herder:

<hr></blockquote>

VH never dealt with the Dome anyway. I doubt whether Brad knows more than us about Eddie's health.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
    2) Brad is on vacation and decided to have a trouble free Christmas break.
    <hr></blockquote>

I guess he needs a long vacation, he's had a busy year.

<hr></blockquote>

This is pathetic enough to be true.

4) Related to 3. This is Van Halen's attempt to kill rumours over the Mike statements.
    <hr></blockquote>

?... sorry

5) This is some kind of publicity stunt to re-spark the "announcement is coming" hype.

6) The oppisite of 5. This is some sort of way to have us all forget about Dave while Van Halen prepares for a fourth singer.
    <hr></blockquote>

Too funny. VH is doing something, but it's impossible for us distinguish between opposite possibilities. That sounds like it could be true in VH-land.........except the PD with 50-100 regular posters is completely irrelevant to any reunion issues.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

#7...that sums it up pretty nicely nerf herder bro.

#8...I'm totally tired of hearing about the dome being closed. I really could care less about "why" its closed. It just is. Its as much fun to talk about as "why" van halen hasnt said ONE word in ages.

(Its a good post nerf herder, I just go through bitter spells with this stupid band)
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

1) Ed is very sick now and no one wants to deal with the dome at this time.<hr></blockquote>

I think Ed's all right and hope this is the case. But what do you mean by "no one?" VH has nothing to do with PD so it's not they who wouldn't want to deal with the board. (I'm sure P. Braddy, though, doesn't mind the time off... )

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>2) Brad is on vacation and decided to have a trouble free Christmas break.<hr></blockquote>

Quite possibly. When you consider the fact that P. Braddy didn't even have the decency to inform anyone, not even his Mods [img]redface.gif[/img] , about why PD was shut down.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>3) This is Van Halen's attempts to "punish" those who are calling Mike a liar.<hr></blockquote>

I can't see this be the reason why. VH would have to actually notice PD to be aware of the flak they're taking. And if they've noticed PD, wouldn't they have acted by now (and not just because of Mike's lies) to help their image?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>4) Related to 3. This is Van Halen's attempt to kill rumours over the Mike statements.<hr></blockquote>

I don't think that's the reason. And I certainly hope that the questions about Mike will continue.

Mike lied.

If we just let VH and P. Braddy try to sweep this under the rug... Ugh.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>5) This is some kind of publicity stunt to re-spark the "announcement is coming" hype.<hr></blockquote>

That's the optimist's choice. So, by that reasoning alone, it can't possibly be the reason.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>6) The oppisite of 5. This is some sort of way to have us all forget about Dave while Van Halen prepares for a fourth singer. <hr></blockquote>

Maybe not "forget," but perhaps give you guys a time-out for when PD is back up. I don't know whether it has anything to do with there possibly being a 4th singer. Maybe P. Braddy just wants things to die down, generally, and have a sedated PD crowd on his hands when the place goes up.

If that's the plan, that's sad. Sad that he'd do that, and even sadder if it works.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Since we know its not technical<hr></blockquote>

I'd be very interested to know how you know it's not technical. Problems stemming from the code changes in the recent UBB upgrade are the only logical reasons why the PD is down.

There's no conspiracy and the band isn't mad. They don't even know that their web-site has a message board.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.29.15 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll bet that VH did not realize what a potential shitstorm the PD could be as far as posters really jumping on their's and Brad's asses on a daily basis.
    I wonder if Brad finally got to the point where he was bitching to them so freqently about their lack of announcements or any kind of even fun rumour tantalization,that they just said "fuck it" and closed the shit down.
    It does seem conspicuously related to all of the "factual" quotes from Mikey in a chronologic manner though.
    Anyway,props to Brett for keeping this place alive and entertaining for us ridiculously die hard VH fans.
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ December 11, 2001 at 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Fat Tone ]</p>
    "I Got Myself a Brand New Oakland Scarf right here I say"

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

#9 BRAD GOT A GIRL FRIEND..TAKES UP TOO MUCH TIME [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

Well one option no one's mentioning is the fact that Brad is costing money to VH. When I talked to Mike last May (cinco de Mayo party) he told me they were a bit tired of Brad billing all his expenses to VH.
    My guess is that since nothing is happening, they're tired of spending that money and are maybe just going to use him part time or on a less frequent basis. Moderating the site would be harder in this case.
    Little Dreamer

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeL:

I'd be very interested to know how you know it's not technical. Problems stemming from the code changes in the recent UBB upgrade are the only logical reasons why the PD is down.

There's no conspiracy and the band isn't mad. They don't even know that their web-site has a message board.
    <hr></blockquote>

Brad has stated in e-mails that there is no technical reason the bored is down. He usually doesn't lie unless he is doing it for Mike

To clarify why Ed's illness could effect the PD, if the band is more concerned about Ed's health, they may not care about the daily dealings of Van Halen Inc. So they are likely to drop any distractions they have like non-necessary employees such as Brad. Thus Ed's illness brings down the Dome.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

09.30.15 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Im pretty sure they've finally realized that their fans have had enough. It seems as though Van Halen has come to realize that their reputation has taking a major nosedive, and it ain't pretty!

At this point, if they do not come to terms with DLR, they know that they are history...

...and will always be known as "dumb-asses" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Nerf...I have a couple more possible reasons why the Dome is closed:

1. Brad just likes everyone else out of the Dome so he can sit around in his underwear! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    or
    2. Dave did Brad's girlfriend and now Brad is pissed! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Might as well......JUMP!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<hr></blockquote>

I think this one nails it on the head. There was mega backlash from that fiasco. I think the people who hung out at the dome where for the most part a very loyal group of fans. FBAZ & rols had no reason that I could see for making their stories up. I believe their accounts 100 percent. Instead of =VH= making kick ass music for the past 5 years...it's really sad how its all degenerated into a stupid soap opera of he said/she said/they ain't saying.

Let me go throw wacf into my cd player and remember how things SHOULD be......
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I understand this was humorous (sorta), but I feel the need to denote something:

<hr></blockquote>

For crying out loud, Eddie is not on his deathbed people. The cancer was something he dealt with a long time ago, even before Sammy left the band. It's not terminal, he's fine, it's not an excuse or reason for anything else. Unless he's come down with a bad case of mangina since then he's fine
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    ...For crying out loud, Eddie is not on his deathbed people. The cancer was something he dealt with a long time ago, even before Sammy left the band. It's not terminal, he's fine, it's not an excuse or reason for anything else. Unless he's come down with a bad case of mangina since then he's fine <hr></blockquote>

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one (but I do hope you are right). The more time passes with absolutely no news, the more I begin to believe Ed is more ill than he has told us.

Mike has no idea what is going on. That has become obvioius. Dave isn't sure of the reasons either, just that he hasn't been kept in touch. What ever is happening, is coming from Ed and possibly Alex.

If you recall, George Harrison told his fans not to worry about him back in August. And I saw pictures of him then and he looked OK. Six months later, we know he wasn't.

Why else does someone completely ignore his lifes work? The only reason is that it is no longer important to him.

If you knew today that you were going to die, I'm sure the first thing you would say is "f@#k my job". And you really wouldn't care what anyone thought, you would just want to be around those you loved, and maybe travel.

I'm not sure what you meant about Ed dealing with this when he was with Sammy.

Ed did not say and has yet to say that he is cancer free, only that he was very optimistic.

Obviously, this is not the only explanation, and I prey its not the truth, but as time goes on, I begin to fear it more and more.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

don't worry Nerf Herder, unless Stuff No More is hiding in Eddie's closet(come on out bro! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] ) he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm with you on this. I'm starting to think that Eddie is REAL sick.
    Eat Us and Smile!