Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 11,752 Times in 6,510 Posts

Premium Member

Default A British member of parliament was shot dead in the street on Thursday

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:17 PM
    Liked 6,688 Times in 3,708 Posts

really? That's your takeaway from the story? Geez ...

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    really? That's your takeaway from the story? Geez ...
    You know me better than that, Mike. It's horrible that a nut job(s) got a hold of a gun and killed her. I don't give a shit about her politics, she's a human being and didnt deserve that. Yeah, it was a bit douchey on my part.

It's also sad that her death was politicized.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 06.17.16 at 02:04 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    You know me better than that, Mike. It's horrible that a nut job(s) got a hold of a gun and killed her. I don't give a shit about her politics, she's a human being and didnt deserve that. Yeah, it was a bit douchey on my part.

it really is sad. I just don't like the gun control debate becoming the issue after tragedies. Don't like it when the pro gun control guys use tragedies to make political points in the states, nor when the anti gun control looks at any shooting outside the states and says "look, gun control doesn't work". We need lunatic control.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:09 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

This woman was my local MP & I worked in that town for over 20 years & it's totally devastating that this has happened. I didn't vote for her and don't support her politics but we do not live in a democracy for this to happen. I'm in the Caribbean on holiday right now but the UK press are going over board that this is linked to our EU Referendum next week band that it should be cancelled which is sickening.

Gun control is not a major issue in our country unlike our friends in the US as instances like this are so rare.

Two children & a husband right now are coming to terms with life without their loved one....far more important than whether we remain in Europe or any political gain. Those who say otherwise should hang their heads in shame.

RIP Jo Cox

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

It was an ANTIQUE gun - a musket of some sort - or home-made.

It's been politicised because the KILLER politicised it.

All I know is that this STUPID referendum, called for the most spurious of reasons, is literally hurting people and dividing communities.

Even my own little North Wales town isn't exempt, for heaven's sake! A local bookshop owner had a 'remain' sign in his window and was stabbed for it. Meanwhile, there are bloody 4x4s driving around with trailers emblazoned with the word, 'Leave' - and you don't see THEM being targeted. (Personally, the fact that they're clogging up our narrow roads with their ridiculously OTT vehicles is enough to drive me to the edge ).
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post

All I know is that this STUPID referendum, called for the most spurious of reasons, is literally hurting people and dividing communities.

Even my own little North Wales town isn't exempt, for heaven's sake! A local bookshop owner had a 'remain' sign in his window and was stabbed for it. Meanwhile, there are bloody 4x4s driving around with trailers emblazoned with the word, 'Leave' - and you don't see THEM being targeted. (Personally, the fact that they're clogging up our narrow roads with their ridiculously OTT vehicles is enough to drive me to the edge ).
    pretty awful stuff. We know these debates well as we had the Quebec separation vote not too many years ago. Brings out the worst in people.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Well that depends on who you believe. One witness says he shouted " Britain First" and another says he did not. It doesn't matter, she did not deserve to die at the hands of a madman.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

Well that depends on who you believe. One witness says he shouted " Britain First" and another says he did not. It doesn't matter, she did not deserve to die at the hands of a madman.
    I think we can safely assume he said it - at least twice - especially with the name he has given upon being charged by police - 'Death to traitors; freedom for Britain'.

Yes, he was a madman - it seems there are many of them. And the antagonism and vitriol being stirred up by people who should know better is just the excuse they need.

Even 'normal', decent folk are being horrid to one another. The whole thing is a disaster.

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

I think we can safely assume he said it - at least twice - especially with the name he has given upon being charged by police - 'Death to traitors; freedom for Britain'.

Yes, he was a madman - it seems there are many of them. And the antagonism and vitriol being stirred up by people who should know better is just the excuse they need.

Even 'normal', decent folk are being horrid to one another. The whole thing is a disaster.
    But the eyewitnesses don't support the claim. Again, who cares? He was a madman.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    pretty awful stuff. We know these debates well as we had the Quebec separation vote not too many years ago. Brings out the worst in people.
    I remember that separation vote. That was ugly

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

I remember that separation vote. That was ugly
    It really was. And that was the calm one. The earlier one in the 70s was a mess. So bad that the pm basically had to enforce war time measures.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

But the eyewitnesses don't support the claim. Again, who cares? He was a madman.
    Did you not read what I just said?

It seems like a convenient guess on the part of witnesses, doesn't it - if he has more or less confirmed it by giving his name as basically the same thing, no?

You may not 'care' - and that's fine - but when violent acts are being perpetrated even in sleepy North Wales, with this referendum as the instigating factor, I care.

Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Did you not read what I just said?

It seems like a convenient guess on the part of witnesses, doesn't it - if he has more or less confirmed it by giving his name as basically the same thing, no?

You may not 'care' - and that's fine - but when violent acts are being perpetrated even in sleepy North Wales, with this referendum as the instigating factor, I care.
    Maybe you didn't read my posts. I care about the fact that she was murdered. I don't care about whether or not he shouted "Britain first" because he is insane.