Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Tubemeister 18

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Default Tubemeister 18

Interested in some feedback from anyone that's used these. I play Van halenish to ZZtop type stuff. It doesn't appear that they have a headphone jack, anyway around this?
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:49 AM
    Liked 66 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstar View Post
    Interested in some feedback from anyone that's used these. I play Van halenish to ZZtop type stuff. It doesn't appear that they have a headphone jack, anyway around this?
    Rokstar - I have a tubemeister 18 that I picked up about a year ago. I play it through a blackstar 2x12 and absolutely love it. I have no trouble getting any kind of sound out of it. Throw an EVH 5150 overdrive in and play VH all day long. No way around the missing headphone jack as far as I can tell. The only thing I would change is channels 1 and 2 share the EQ. Super portable, cool blue lighting and adjustable output are nice attributes.
    I bought mine used and it did not have the foot switch but a quick amazon search solved that.
    Aint life grand!

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

I tried it out at the shop today and it is damn nice!
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 734 Times in 347 Posts

Please keep in mind that tone is subjective and up to the individual, but here is what I found.

I had a Tubemeister 18 for a while, and I found the tone to be a bit sterile. Not sterile in the sense that it doesn't have balls, Sterile meaning that it is extremely clean, with very little coloration of tone or individual character.

For instance, if you plug into a Deluxe Reverb, then plug into a Twin Reverb, they each have their own tonal characteristics. The Tubemeister 18 for me, sounds like plugging directly into the board from your guitar. Not a bad thing for a Jazz player or if you want to really hear the acoustic characteristics of a ES type guitar.

At the end of the day, it wasn't for me. It's capable of some pretty aggressive high gain sounds, but to me, it was more well suited for progressive rock and metal, and not the kind of classic rock tones I was going for. It's very articulate on the high gain side. It's like an HD version of an amp.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.