Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.03.16 @ 03:07 AM
    Liked 1,043 Times in 520 Posts

Premium Member

Default Kramer Ad & HFT builds

...And so it begins....

The bodies for my next 2 builds arrived today.

The Hot For Teacher Kramer and the Kramer Ad (Walker)

I got these from Chris Locke...

http://www.lockecustomguitars.com/

I ordered these a little over two & a half weeks ago. They arrived in Australia today. Unbelievable... I cant believe they got here so quick. The quality of them is fantastic. Thank you Chris.

These builds is are going to take a little while as its now winter here and not a great time to paint, but I still need to gets parts so that's cool. Just thought I'd post this now and I'll re dig this thread up as I go along.

Thanks again Chris for these amazing bodies. You're work is incredible and I'm glad I now get to witness first hand what everyone else raves about.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 324 Times in 145 Posts

looking great bro..... Chris does an amazing job and his Walker bodies are the shit. I just did another one a few months back and Chris hooked me up with the body and it was stellar.... have fun with it dude and enjoy the process for sure.

Keep us posted ok...... can't wait to see these

Rob

Top Of The World cpusolutions2001's Avatar
    Last Online

11.29.16 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Can anyone advise if the Kramer Ad guitar had the narrow neck plate or regular?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Premium Member

Its got the narrow neck plate but I opted for the regular size as the narrow ones are too hard to find and if you can find one, they're too expensive.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Premium Member

The necks arrived today... They look and feel great and I cant wait to play on them. I love Musikraft. Their necks are fantastic & their professionalism is second to none. I've been gathering parts the last few weeks and only have a few more to get. I only need 2 Floyds and a set of tuners. Pickup wise, I've got a SD '59 for the Ad & a JB4 for the HFT. Up until two days ago, the weather here was quite nice and I shot a couple of thin coats of white primer on the bodies a few days ago but now the weather had turned to shit again, I'll have to wait until next week before the "white" goes on. All going good weather wise, they should be finished (paint wise) in a couple weeks. Hopefully, I'll have the Floyds by them.

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    ...And so it begins....

The bodies for my next 2 builds arrived today.

The Hot For Teacher Kramer and the Kramer Ad (Walker)

I got these from Chris Locke...

http://www.lockecustomguitars.com/

I ordered these a little over two & a half weeks ago. They arrived in Australia today. Unbelievable... I cant believe they got here so quick. The quality of them is fantastic. Thank you Chris.

These builds is are going to take a little while as its now winter here and not a great time to paint, but I still need to gets parts so that's cool. Just thought I'd post this now and I'll re dig this thread up as I go along.

Thanks again Chris for these amazing bodies. You're work is incredible and I'm glad I now get to witness first hand what everyone else raves about.

thats awesome bro. Good deal. Yeah Chris puts out some nice stuff thats for sure. They look fantastic and your gonna have fun with those. Cant wait to see how they morph.....

Rob

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3,461 Times in 1,993 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'd love to be able to do something like this but painting and woodworking are not my strong suits. I'm great with electronics and mechanical stuff but not wood.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I'd love to be able to do something like this but painting and woodworking are not my strong suits. I'm great with electronics and mechanical stuff but not wood.
    your not good w wood??? lol

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by 5150rob View Post
    your not good w wood??? lol
    Besides my own? No. Not at all. Lol.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.24.16 @ 12:59 PM
    Liked 459 Times in 244 Posts

Same here. I can't believe the talent in here with painting Frankie's and 5150's. Blows me away every time.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Same here. I can't believe the talent in here with painting Frankie's and 5150's. Blows me away every time.
    Very true. Some of these guys are utterly amazing. The attention to detail is second to none.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Premium Member

They aren't as hard to do as you think... Well, some are, but if you want to try do one, grab yourself a cheap Fender Squire or something and give the VH1 B/W guitar a shot. If you can find a black one, you will be already half way there. All you would need is a couple cans of paint, a couple rolls of masking tape, a humbucker and a new scratchplate. If it doesn't turn out well, you can just hang it up on a wall. You should give it a go. There are plenty of people here who would help you out with any questions you might have.

Its really rewarding when you finish one a see how good it looks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 1,313 Times in 418 Posts

Any update?

KBD3

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dodds View Post
    Any update?

KBD3
    I actually striped up the necks last night and sprayed them this morning... We have had some really shitty weather here the past few weeks so I've had to wait to start painting... I was going to tape up the bodies tonight to paint tomorrow but the weatherman says it will be crap weather again tomorrow so I'll have to wait until later this week.

Anyway, the necks turned out okay. I got a little bleed through but its nothing to worry about. They kind of look the same hue of red in the photo, but in person there is quite a difference. If the sun ever appears here again, I'll take some photos in the sun.

19. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    They aren't as hard to do as you think... Well, some are, but if you want to try do one, grab yourself a cheap Fender Squire or something and give the VH1 B/W guitar a shot. If you can find a black one, you will be already half way there. All you would need is a couple cans of paint, a couple rolls of masking tape, a humbucker and a new scratchplate. If it doesn't turn out well, you can just hang it up on a wall. You should give it a go. There are plenty of people here who would help you out with any questions you might have.

Its really rewarding when you finish one a see how good it looks.

Just saw this. It's the little lines that would probably give me fits. I may try it one day. Just to actually see if I can. Bucket list thing.