The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts

Premium Member

Default House Kills Trangender Act

House Kills Transgender Bill After Moderate Republicans Panic

by Ken Klukowski26 May 2016

WASHINGTON—The full U.S. House of Representatives swats down a transgender measure, just hours after 43 Republicans voted for a Democratic amendment that would have forced transgender rules on all 50 states, and disqualify faith-based groups including the Salvation Army from doing business with the federal government.

Last night, 43 Republicans in the House voted for an amendment offered by Democrat Sean Maloney of New York, inserting in H.R. 5055, the Energy and Water Appropriations Act for 2017, a provision making the White House’s transgender policy part of federal law. The amendment passed 223-195 only because of these Republican defections.

Public backlash in the hours after that vote has been nationwide in scope and passionate in intensity. This morning most of those Republicans whipsawed to fall in line with their party base in opposing their own measure, joined by many moderate Democrats surprised as the fury the transgender amendment created. The amended appropriations crashed and burned on the House floor, failing by a vote of 113-305.

This saga began when President Barack Obama signed Executive Order 13672 on July 21, 2014. His order illegally changed federal law by forbidding any private organization from receiving a business contract with the federal government unless it agrees to adopt liberals’ homosexual and transgender agenda (that a person can require others to treat a man as a woman, or a woman as a man, if that person identifies with the opposite sex).

Executive Order 13672 also required all federal agencies to adopt these policies on sexual orientation and gender identity for all hiring and personnel matters.

This issue burst onto the national scene in recent months. For more than a year, the LGBT Left has pushed city ordinances nationwide making these policies the law in those cities.

Then on May 13, 2016, the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S. Department of Education (DOEd) issued a letter informing local schools that unless they adopt a transgender policy, they can lose all federal funding, because the Obama administration regards those schools as violating Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

As Breitbart News reported on the effect of OCR’s policy:

In other words, if a 17-year-old boy says that he now identifies as a girl, and wants to use his high school girls’ shower at the same time that a 15-year-old girl is showering in that same shower room, and the school does not allow the boy to share the shower with the girl, then the federal government can strip that high school of federal funding.

The Obama administration’s directive has stirred a great deal of controversy.

In the midst of it, North Carolina passed a bill requiring people to use public restrooms that match the sex listed on their birth certificate, reaffirming that the state would adhere to the definition of “sex” used by the entire world for more than 5,000 years, a bill against which the political Left organized opposition nationwide.

Obama’s U.S. Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against North Carolina, accusing it of violating not just the Civil Rights Act’s Title IX, but Title VII as well (saying that employers that decline to recognize someone’s gender identity—including calling male employees “she” and female employees “he” when those employees insist—are engaging in “sex discrimination”).

Even though North Carolina law provided a procedure where a person could change the sex on their birth certificate, and so HB2 did not make it impossible for people to use the bathroom of the sex they identified with. But the attacks have continued regardless, allies of Obama and Hillary Clinton have demonized the measure as a form of discrimination.

North Carolina responded with a lawsuit of its own. Then yesterday, eleven additional states likewise sued the federal government, raising numerous legal arguments and challenging the constitutionality of Obama’s actions.

Had H.R. 5055 become law, it would have guaranteed that the states would lose most of the issues in their lawsuit, leaving only a couple legal arguments remaining, arguments with only an uphill chance of success.

When Maloney’s amendment passed last night, Family Research Council President Tony Perkins condemned the move, saying, “Congress should not allow the government to punish faith-based contractors, like the Salvation Army, that work and hire in accordance with their First Amendment freedoms.”

In the same statement, Perkins praised a separate amendment offered by Rep. Bradley Byrne in the National Defense Authorization Act, which would safeguard religious liberty.

Phones were ringing off the hook on Capitol Hill, and the bill’s supporters beat a hasty retreat this morning.

“We are very pleased that this bill has been soundly defeated due to the Maloney Amendment,” Concerned Women for America CEO Penny Nance exclusively told Breitbart News after the stunning defeat of the amended bill.

“But to think that 43 Republicans would join President Obama to promote transgenderism and force the marginalization of our Christian beliefs is appalling,” Nance added. “So you can rest assured that the effects of this vote will continue to be felt as we move forward.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...blicans-panic/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

your government really seems to be getting involved in stuff that they shouldn't be. Forbidding religious charity organizations from dealing with government? That's silly if that is what was proposed. Hell, our government funds Catholic schools, never mind banning them from dealing with the government,

3. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm so tired of hearing about this shit.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

5. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 7,883 Times in 4,609 Posts

Premium Member

Transgender is the new swagger.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

You know what Washington really needs. True moderates. People who can look at issues like that and say "What the fuck are we doing?"

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Transgender is the new swagger.
    I had to go to the county jail to meet a friend and he brought me back into the holding tank and there was this transtesticle guy who was being booked that had to be booked and dressed out right away because they were afraid of him being turned out. Normally he said they put the guys in the tank and wait 1-3 days to give them a chance to be bailed out before they get dressed out. This "guy" got dressed and sent to the pod right away. Apparently they have a new protocol because of all this new shit.

It's a sad day when this shit is affecting the jails.

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

You know, when you decide that words don't mean anything and laws can be stretched beyond recognition in order to get a result you like, it's tough to be against it when the same thing happens to get a result you don't like. The problem here is Title IX, which says, "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance." This seems like a no-brainer, and when I was in high school it was the reason why there was no boys volleyball team--boys had football, girls had volleyball. There weren't more sports for boys than girls. But this is the statute that the federal government is basing this on.

On college campuses, this is going to create a huge, perhaps impossible problem. Why? Because the federal government has already said that sexual harassment is covered under this statute, and a reasonable person need not believe it said harassment is objectionable for it to apply. It is defined by the experience and perception of the victim. In other words, it's completely subjective. Well, if sexually suggestive jokes qualify, wouldn't being forced to shower next to some naked dude qualify as well? How can a college campus both enforce the woman's right to not feel harassed based upon her personal definition AND enforce a transgender woman's right not to be discriminated against in using facilities?

But let's take a step back. The concept of transgenderism is that sex and gender are two different things. And I understand the concept. But Title IX specifically mentions sex. We're caught in some sort of paradoxical loop if transgenderism is a thing because gender is separate from biological sex, yet laws about biological sex are used to apply to transgenderism. Plainly, no one here is being discriminated against because of their sex. If you want a law that applies to transgender people, write that law.

Look, whatever the population of transgendered people is, and it's small, though we have a really hard time counting it because it is so off the radar for most people that most people don't know what it is, I don't want them to live a harder life than they already do. I'm inclined to let them use facilities they identify with. I am also inclined to let that happen as long as schools are able to police abuse of the system.

The problem here, IMO, is government itself. If I am forced to send my daughter to a particular school (school is compulsory, after all) and THAT school allows guys to shower with girls, which I don't like, why is my only choice to home school when a private school two blocks further away strictly enforces facilities by biological sex? To protect my daughter from what I perceive as harm I either have to quit my job and home school or pay out of pocket for a private school? Fuck that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@

Premium Member

Donor

It seems that some of these laws getting written are bound to contradict themselves.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 7,627 Times in 4,003 Posts

It just seems this is all you read about.
    I've never seen so much coverage over people using public restrooms.
    I'm all for equality & live and let live, but so much of these LGBT issues
    are forced in your news feed, 24/7.
    Let's ease up a bit.

Between that & BLM and the suffocating PC police, it's like we've gone
    right over the cliff of common sense & rational debate.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    It just seems this is all you read about.
    I've never seen so much coverage over people using public restrooms.
    I'm all for equality & live and let live, but so much of these LGBT issues
    are forced in your news feed, 24/7.
    Let's ease up a bit.

Between that & BLM and the suffocating PC police, it's like we've gone
    right over the cliff of common sense & rational debate.
    Transwhateverthefuckyouwannacallthem, represent 0.03 of a percent of the population! There is NO fucking reason why this should be on constant rotation in EVERY fucking news cycle on the Continent. It's ridiculous.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing View Post
    Transwhateverthefuckyouwannacallthem, represent 0.03 of a percent of the population! There is NO fucking reason why this should be on constant rotation in EVERY fucking news cycle on the Continent. It's ridiculous.
    It really is. Not to mention the latest push that generally is aimed at the removal of assigned gender altogether.
    Some of these tools think "Gender" should be removed from society because it "forces" an unjust expectation from that society to identify with said gender.
    WTF? So by that logic, if you and your wife were having a baby, and you wanted to know the sex, then you would not be obligated to know because legally, they would have no gender.
    Good God. Bunch of First world bullshit. Like there isn't enough real crisis in the world that leaders have time to contemplate all this nonsense.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    It really is. Not to mention the latest push that generally is aimed at the removal of assigned gender altogether.
    Some of these tools think "Gender" should be removed from society because it "forces" an unjust expectation from that society to identify with said gender.
    WTF? So by that logic, if you and your wife were having a baby, and you wanted to know the sex, then you would not be obligated to know because legally, they would have no gender.
    Good God. Bunch of First world bullshit. Like there isn't enough real crisis in the world that leaders have time to contemplate all this nonsense.
    A couple years ago, we had a girl that identified as "gender fluid."
    She could not look more like a female, yet she labelled herself as "fluid."

She wanted to be referred to as "them" or "that."
    I kept saying, "She's over there," as opposed to, "That's over there."
    It was just so confusing & pretentious.

And referring to a person as "That," sounds way more offensive.
    Can you imagine a random customer hearing me refer to a young, female
    co-worker as, THAT?

I'd be secretly labelled some condescending higher up, with little respect
    for females.

If you're gay, lesbian, bi...
    No problem.

But they keep adding terms and hybrids of this & that, and it get's confusing.

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    A couple years ago, we had a girl that identified as "gender fluid."
    She could not look more like a female, yet she labelled herself as "fluid."

She wanted to be referred to as "them" or "that."
    I kept saying, "She's over there," as opposed to, "That's over there."
    It was just so confusing & pretentious.

And referring to a person as "That," sounds way more offensive.
    Can you imagine a random customer hearing me refer to a young, female
    co-worker as, THAT?

I'd be secretly labelled some condescending higher up, with little respect
    for females.

If you're gay, lesbian, bi...
    No problem.

But they keep adding terms and hybrids of this & that, and it get's confusing.
    I know right?
    I mentioned this in another thread, but my workplace really went overboard with their new HR protocol.
    Before the Holiday Season last year in anticipation of our "Winter Celebration", we were given the usual memo about behavior, however, there were some significant additions as there were some supposedly 'hot button" issues making the news cycles, so to be pro-active, they asked us to please refrain from terms such as: him, her, he, she, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife.
    Instead, to replace "Gender Sensitive" language, we were to use less potentially offensive terms such as partner, co-worker, or friend.
    Gender sensitive! Fuck off! I'm sorry, but even openly gay people who work with me were actually more offended by this move. Embarrassed actually. In addition to all the other bullshit of not being able to wish someone a Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah.

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

I know right?
    I mentioned this in another thread, but my workplace really went overboard with their new HR protocol.
    Before the Holiday Season last year in anticipation of our "Winter Celebration", we were given the usual memo about behavior, however, there were some significant additions as there were some supposedly 'hot button" issues making the news cycles, so to be pro-active, they asked us to please refrain from terms such as: him, her, he, she, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife.
    Instead, to replace "Gender Sensitive" language, we were to use less potentially offensive terms such as partner, co-worker, or friend.
    Gender sensitive! Fuck off! I'm sorry, but even openly gay people who work with me were actually more offended by this move. Embarrassed actually. In addition to all the other bullshit of not being able to wish someone a Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah.
    I agree.

You always get more people in your corner, if you do not dictate what can & can't be said.
    It's become absurd & no one has a sense of humor anymore.

It's the same thing with a lot of the racial stuff happening on campuses & beyond:

You cannot wear certain Halloween costumes.
    You cannot violate my safe place or subject me to micro aggressive behavior.
    You cannot label me a specific gender, and if you make that mistake, i will
    go on social media and expose your intolerance.

Every day, there's new rules, new trigger words.

I honestly feel like people purposely gravitate to things like that, calling people out,
    because it's the hip thing to do in 2016.
    People exploit it & milk it.

There was a story about a girl wearing a "proud to be gay" shirt to school, and
    being sent home as it did not fit with the school's dress code.

Instead of talking to her daughter and saying, "It's great to be proud of your
    sexual identity, but maybe it's not the best choice for school attire," the mother
    immediately called all the local news outlets.

It's like some of these folks feed on provocation & the tiny morsel of celebrity that
    might come with it.

23. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

I know right?
    I don't why but when someone refers to their husband or wife as their "partner" it makes me a little ill.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

25. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: