Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Default Anonymous Congressman Drops ‘Deeply Disturbing’ Confessions About Washington D.C.

‘Devastating Inside Look’: Anonymous Congressman Drops ‘Deeply Disturbing’ Confessions About Washington D.C. in Tell-All Book

May. 12, 2016

An anonymous U.S. congressman, said to be a Democrat, has penned a tell-all book in which he makes several “deeply disturbing” alleged confessions about the reality of the nation’s political system.

The book, “The Confessions of Congressman X,” is described by the publisher as a “devastating inside look at the dark side of Congress as revealed by one of its own.”

In addition to painting a dark picture of how lawmakers operate, the author also refers to American voters as “incredibly ignorant” and a “nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”

Liberal news blog Political Wire reported the author is a “Democratic congressman.”

Read some of the excerpts from the book:

• “Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that’s lavished upon them.”

• “My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.”

• “Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works.”

• “It’s far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”

• “Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don’t know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it’ll cost.”

• “We spend money we don’t have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation. It’s about getting credit now, lookin’ good for the upcoming election.”

The book comes out on May 24.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...tell-all-book/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I don't doubt that he's correct and that it will be a salacious read, but it will lack the impact it should have if he's going to publish it anonymously. I doubt I read it unless he steps forward.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCrappy View Post
    I don't doubt that he's correct and that it will be a salacious read, but it will lack the impact it should have if he's going to publish it anonymously. I doubt I read it unless he steps forward.
    “My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.”

And that is why he's anonymous. He's a coward.

Basically, "I wanna expose but still keep sucking on your tit".

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:06 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    ‘Devastating Inside Look’: Anonymous Congressman Drops ‘Deeply Disturbing’ Confessions About Washington D.C. in Tell-All Book

May. 12, 2016

An anonymous U.S. congressman, said to be a Democrat, has penned a tell-all book in which he makes several “deeply disturbing” alleged confessions about the reality of the nation’s political system.

The book, “The Confessions of Congressman X,” is described by the publisher as a “devastating inside look at the dark side of Congress as revealed by one of its own.”

In addition to painting a dark picture of how lawmakers operate, the author also refers to American voters as “incredibly ignorant” and a “nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”

Liberal news blog Political Wire reported the author is a “Democratic congressman.”

• “Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that’s lavished upon them.”

• “My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.”

• “Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works.”

• “It’s far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”

• “Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don’t know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it’ll cost.”

• “We spend money we don’t have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation. It’s about getting credit now, lookin’ good for the upcoming election.”

Have you ever seen the movie Thank You for Smoking? You can more or less replace Tobacco Lobbyist Nick Naylor and you have the same level of corrupt assholes.

Last edited by rocknblues81; 05.12.16 at 12:27 PM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 10,830 Times in 5,695 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

May. 12, 2016

This is news worthy of a book? I could have told you this just from observation (not you Brook but people in general).
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

The bullet points above are no shock at all. Everyone knows politicians are corrupt and only looking out for themselves and their party. If they were actually honest this country would be in much better shape. There should be no such term as "career politician".
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

9. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

I don't mind people spending a decent amount of time in office. I mind it being a full-time job that pays over three times the median income in the country.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I don't mind people spending a decent amount of time in office. I mind it being a full-time job that pays over three times the median income in the country.
    Since it seems like a herculean effort to get term limits instituted...why not a say in benefits and salary?

Shouldn't the voter decide what is a decent package for serving? Why are we not allowed a say in that? That would weed out career pols.

I'm not of the mindset that thinks..."we won't attract the best candidates if the money isn't worth it".

Bullshit.

I want people who truly want to serve regardless. I know...impossible.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

They just voted themselves a lifetime pension and benefits after one term. ONE TERM! That kind of cap can be reversed. The minute people start accepting this kind of crap is when we lose.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Have you ever seen the movie Thank You for Smoking? You can more or less replace Tobacco Lobbyist Nick Naylor and you have the same level of corrupt assholes.

Great movie
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

15. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:34 PM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

None of this is breaking news unfortunately.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

I think Jimmy Stewart made this movie 80 years ago?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:06 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

'Screw the next generation' and 'Harry Reid's a pompous a**': Democratic congressman writes Anonymous tell-all book slamming 'nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep' as he admits he never reads bills he votes on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    The bullet points above are no shock at all. Everyone knows politicians are corrupt and only looking out for themselves and their party. If they were actually honest this country would be in much better shape. There should be no such term as "career politician".
    Nope! It's everywhere too. Up here, we had some politicians and beaurocrats caught referring to the public purse as "The trough", meaning where animals go to fatten up. If they overspend, they'll just raise taxes and "fees".
    I've really developed nothing but utter contempt for these people.
    What is going on in my province is despicable. We land, including agricultural is being ransacked by foreign investment....Not doing anything with the property, just parking their money there, and waiting for all the other investment by the consortium to raise the value in kind of their investment. Now our housing prices are going up $100.000 per month in some areas. Same with renting. The government has pretty much deregulated it to bring in even more investors, and people are now in bidding wars that has people paying up to 3 times more than the market value to get a place. So instead of paying $1.500 a month, some people are willing to put up $4.500 a month to edge out the competition. All this going on with a 0.6 percent vacancy rate.
    The rest are being rented out for 300+ a night on Air B&B, which is actually illegal, but our wonderful leaders are turning a blind eye because it means these people are here renting so they can buy. To hell with the citizens who have lived here all their lives and only pay Middle Class taxes. This Chinese family, or that Chinese family can afford to pay in cash!!!!! They are here to spend!!!!!!
    It's not about race though...I wouldn't care who is doing it! It's that our Government has turned their back on us...The very people they supposedly work for.

Getting to the point where the citizens are frankly shoved aside because the billions the foreign investors, and developers spend on our real estate bring millions upon millions in taxation that goes into the bottomless pit of general revenue. It's so corrupt, and they consistently deny they are involved, but they have completely sold their souls for a piece of the mighty Chinese power play. Many of these investors are under investigation by Chinese officials because a lot of this money was embezelled, but hey....Come on over here, pay cash, and spend, spend, spend on what we have. I seem to recall a term growing up.....Hmmm... Money Laundering?????
    Like I said...It's everywhere, and at all levels of government.
    Nothing shocking in the least.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: