Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:36 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Default Captain America: Civil War (review: Spoilers here!)

Spoilers here so if you haven't seen it, be gone!

So did I miss something or was Peggy Carter's passing the only really notable death. Sure it was emotional, but It was drilled into our heads (well mine anyway) that there'd be a big death, assuming an Avenger. Misinformation? Nice play I guess if that was the case.

Black Widows assisting team Cap had been hinted at so good intel there. Hope she gets her own movie.

Great movie tho, really can't come up with any complaints except I want another stand alone CA movie (Evans).

And I need more Scarlet Witch!
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

What the Captain America: Civil War post-credits scene means for Spider-Man's future

Read More: http://www.looper.com/13680/captain-..._campaign=clip
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Spoilers here so if you haven't seen it, be gone!

So did I miss something or was Peggy Carter's passing the only really notable death. Sure it was emotional, but It was drilled into our heads (well mine anyway) that there'd be a big death, assuming an Avenger. Misinformation? Nice play I guess if that was the case.

Black Widows assisting team Cap had been hinted at so good intel there. Hope she gets her own movie.

Great movie tho, really can't come up with any complaints except I want another stand alone CA movie (Evans).

And I need more Scarlet Witch!
    Really???
    The first twenty minutes of the shaking camera fight scene(opening) didn't bother you?
    Or the fact that Vision's aim is as bad as a stormtrooper?
    Or the fact that he was wearing normal clothing and acts retarded?
    Or the runway fight that made the Marvel heroes look like they're all farsighted?
    Or the lack of continuation from AoU?
    Like the Scarlet Witch switched sides on a dime in AoU cause it was the right thing to do,yet in this flick she chooses not to???
    Or in AoU Stark said he was through with the Avengers,yet in this flick he's actually getting the Avengers leadership handed to him.
    You really think it was great how Stark discovered Spidey?
    And you like being shown only the aftermath of the so called breakout?
    Dude you can actually see why Marvel missed it's projected 200 million dollar first weekend take.
    I guess it's true what they say love is blind.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:27 AM
    Liked 1,852 Times in 810 Posts

Default Captain America: Civil War (review: Spoilers here!)

Quote Originally Posted by VH122 View Post
    Really???
    The first twenty minutes of the shaking camera fight scene(opening) didn't bother you?
    Or the runway fight that made the Marvel heroes look like they're all farsighted?
    Like the Scarlet Witch switched sides on a dime in AoU cause it was the right thing to do,yet in this flick she chooses not to???
    Or in AoU Stark said he was through with the Avengers,yet in this flick he's actually getting the Avengers leadership handed to him.
    Dude you can actually see why Marvel missed it's projected 200 million dollar first weekend take.
    It sounds like your a DC fan

No problem with the opening sequence at all, pretty much shot like every other movie

Scarlet Witch didn't switch sides in this movie, she wasn't really aware of being a prisoner, was blinded by her bond with Vision, is obviously very close with Cap having been his protege so it's natural she would side with him
    Visions aim wasn't off, Falcon dodged it, big difference.
    Stark was done, had destroyed his past suits and didn't suit up until Cap went fugitive as he knows he would have to in order to bring him in and keep the Avrngers together
    Tony's obsession with protecting the world after being so instrumental in nearly destroying it, would make sense he would keep track of other potential powers (not all that different than BvS)
    In addition he grills Parker pretty good to judge his moral compass

And the movie opening at 182 mil is good enough for what 3rd or 4th all time and already netting almost $700 mil worldwide (only 160 mil from BVS total) is hardly a miss, not to mention how critically acclaimed it's been

And how can you say there is a lack of continuation from AoU, this whole movie and conflict happens as a direct result of the fallout from that movie

It's one thing to not be a marvel fan, but it's another to paste a successful movie because of that

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    It sounds like your a DC fan

No problem with the opening sequence at all, pretty much shot like every other movie

Scarlet Witch didn't switch sides in this movie, she wasn't really aware of being a prisoner, was blinded by her bond with Vision, is obviously very close with Cap having been his protege so it's natural she would side with him
    Visions aim wasn't off, Falcon dodged it, big difference.
    Stark was done, had destroyed his past suits and didn't suit up until Cap went fugitive as he knows he would have to in order to bring him in and keep the Avrngers together
    Tony's obsession with protecting the world after being so instrumental in nearly destroying it, would make sense he would keep track of other potential powers (not all that different than BvS)
    In addition he grills Parker pretty good to judge his moral compass

And the movie opening at 182 mil is good enough for what 3rd or 4th all time and already netting almost $700 mil worldwide (only 160 mil from BVS total) is hardly a miss, not to mention how critically acclaimed it's been

And how can you say there is a lack of continuation from AoU, this whole movie and conflict happens as a direct result of the fallout from that movie

It's one thing to not be a marvel fan, but it's another to paste a successful movie because of that
    I'm actually a fan of Iron Man and Thor.
    You must have forgotten the talk between Stark(or was it Black Widow?)and Vision about the incident.
    Stark questions Vision's accuracy and he agrees with him.
    I'm seeing it again tomorrow had someone buy tickets in advance without knowing that I already seen it.
    I really could care less about what critics say about a movie,I'm my own critic.
    I think when a movie misses it's projected take by at least 20 million it is a problem,with Spidey being one of the top three comic heroes in the world.
    Like I stated before I didn't care for the shaky camera work,Vision,or the way they only showed the aftermath of the prison break.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Really???
    Ease up Dude, just a movie.

Funny you should mention the fast action camera stuff early on. I told my son the action was a little hard to follow. But I had no problem with it. No problems with the rest either. I mean you had a guy flying through the hair shooting spider webs from his wrists so I can handle the rest. And the entire thing was a continuation of Avengers II so I don't see your point there. I was entertained and the things making a truckload of money so I'm sure they're happy. The reception has been much better than BvS (which I liked too). I don't see why you hate the thing so much yet you're seeing it again but I'm sure they're glad to get the revenue.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Eruption
    Last Online

I'm actually a fan of Iron Man and Thor.
    You must have forgotten the talk between Stark(or was it Black Widow?)and Vision about the incident.
    Stark questions Vision's accuracy and he agrees with him.
    I'm seeing it again tomorrow had someone buy tickets in advance without knowing that I already seen it.
    I really could care less about what critics say about a movie,I'm my own critic.
    I think when a movie misses it's projected take by at least 20 million it is a problem,with Spidey being one of the top three comic heroes in the world.
    Like I stated before I didn't care for the shaky camera work,Vision,or the way they only showed the aftermath of the prison break.
    Actually the projections were estimated at 180 mil, but it's not really like that matters. I'm curious how you don't like the shaky camera work in this (which I don't really see as shaky) but didn't see a problem with action sequences shot the same way in every other marvel movie
    And it's fine to be your own critic, not everyone is going to like a movie, but man you seem to hate this one with a vengeance while liking similar marvel movies

I've seen it twice and I do feel it's best one they've put out, right up there with the original Avengers. It works because it was built for 8 years. Characters you care about, you can feel their turmoil and conflict

The beauty of it was both sides were right and both sides were wrong. Both Iron Man and Cap are leaders and have been calling shots throughout, and to see them disagree and come to blows after 8 years of fight with each other as well as alongside each other, this was the payoff and it was worth it

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

I'm curious how you don't like the shaky camera work in this (which I don't really see as shaky) but didn't see a problem with action sequences shot the same way in every other marvel movie
    Well I'd call it fast-action, a bit hard to follow sometimes but it's in a lot of movies, especially military-esque stuff. Fast-action with quick scene cuts. But I have no problem with it.

Good call on both sides being both right and wrong.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 6,822 Times in 3,567 Posts

Premium Member

Agent Carter's death and the Sokovia Accords were mentioned in the latest episode of Agents of SHIELD.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

Really???
    THAT was really annoying. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with that affect - but it didn't work. Unless said accomplishment was trying to annoy the fuck out of me; then mission accomplished.

To me, the best part of the movie was Spiderman. He completely stole the show; and makes up for the sins of the last Spiderman movie. I can't wait for the new movie featuring him to come out.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Actually the projections were estimated at 180 mil, but it's not really like that matters. I'm curious how you don't like the shaky camera work in this (which I don't really see as shaky) but didn't see a problem with action sequences shot the same way in every other marvel movie
    And it's fine to be your own critic, not everyone is going to like a movie, but man you seem to hate this one with a vengeance while liking similar marvel movies

I've seen it twice and I do feel it's best one they've put out, right up there with the original Avengers. It works because it was built for 8 years. Characters you care about, you can feel their turmoil and conflict

The beauty of it was both sides were right and both sides were wrong. Both Iron Man and Cap are leaders and have been calling shots throughout, and to see them disagree and come to blows after 8 years of fight with each other as well as alongside each other, this was the payoff and it was worth it
    I looked for the original estimate that I read but couldn't find it.
    If It pops up later I'll post it,but I did find a newer one from monery.cnn and it states that that the industry numbers(not Disney) were 200 million.
    I guess the writer skewed the facts on that one.
    It's not that I hate this flick it's more that I hate the lack of continuation.
    Like in Ant Man you had Scott wanting to be a hero for his daughter,yet here we have him fag out over meeting Cap and not evengiving two shits about what his daughter thinks?
    After the second viewing for me it just leaves me with even questions than answers.
    Like why would Cap state that the Avengers will come for Buck if he's already frozen & contained?
    Isn't that what Stark wanted anyway?
    I'm glad you like it,and sorry if I rained on anyone's parade.

Last Online

Premium Member

Relax VH122. BvS Directors Cut will be out in a few months and we can geek out to it's excellence over in that thread, and be told it's still shit.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Relax VH122. BvS Directors Cut will be out in a few months and we can geek out to it's excellence over in that thread, and be told it's still shit.
    Will Supes be conscious in the extra footage at all?
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Will Supes be conscious in the extra footage at all?
    Yes. He will be in a bad mood too.

Eruption
    Last Online

I looked for the original estimate that I read but couldn't find it.
    If It pops up later I'll post it,but I did find a newer one from monery.cnn and it states that that the industry numbers(not Disney) were 200 million.
    I guess the writer skewed the facts on that one.
    It's not that I hate this flick it's more that I hate the lack of continuation.
    Like in Ant Man you had Scott wanting to be a hero for his daughter,yet here we have him fag out over meeting Cap and not evengiving two shits about what his daughter thinks?
    After the second viewing for me it just leaves me with even questions than answers.
    Like why would Cap state that the Avengers will come for Buck if he's already frozen & contained?
    Isn't that what Stark wanted anyway?
    I'm glad you like it,and sorry if I rained on anyone's parade.
    No raining on the parade at all, I think because Ant man was just a soldier in this one and there was certainly enough story, the added plot point isn't needed

Cap knows Buck is on ice, as does Panther, but no one else does, so he's still being hunted, no one even knows where he's hiding. Now that Cap is a fugitive, Tony is in charge of the Avengers, so it's on him to round up super powered fugitives if the UN deems it due to the accords.
    In addition, Tony likely has vengeance on his mind as well and as the leader of the Avengers, and with his ego, it makes sense

I noticed people followed the most with BVS stuff, you really can't compare the movies, they are very different with very different heroes. Doesn't make one better, just different.
    I think Civil war works because you're invested in the characters and who they are now through 10 movies

I really think that's the only comparison to make, I do think BVS would have greatly benefited if this conflict was done 3-5 movies in, instead of the sequel

But movies are like music, how good or bad it is, is always up to the person viewing it