Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:59 AM
    Liked 11,586 Times in 4,939 Posts

Exclamation Motherload is history...this is the final word on him on this site.

Guys,

I figured I would make a post about this here, I didn't think it was worthy to be anywhere else on the site, but figured it would need to be addressed and I didn't want it popping up everywhere on the board.

I have decided to ban Hey Man, The Player, Hot Sauce, Motherload again...and this time for good. There will be no fourth chance. I have spent the last 4-5 days doing some research on a way to keep someone off the board for good, but honestly, if someone wants to get around any kind of ban, they can. That's just the reality of the internet. I was toying with implementing a hack to screw with him, so he'd get all kinds of site errors, and server not responding stuff...which is funny as hell but also doesn't fix the problem. So all I can really do is ban him again, wait for him to register again, and if I can't catch him by who he is registering as, we'll have to deduce by his posting style, which I'm sure won't change because he's proud of doing what he does. I highly doubt he'll keep a low profile if he does sneak back.

Be aware there will no further reprieve for him. He is gone anytime he returns. His posts that he makes going forward under any other username will be deleted (I never delete posts either), I don't care if it throws conversations off. He is done here, and his words are done here as well.

I am not proud of how I handled the situation, I should have banned him straight off again last time instead of playing this game to see if he would be better. I regretted having him here at any point, I didn't like the way it made me behave, and I feel bad because I made you all stomach it and deal with it while it created so much unnecessary hostility. I apologize to you all for that.

I really do try to give people many chances here, there are very few that are banned forever. I don't like doing it, contrary to public opinion, as you're starting to see by this whole episode. But Load was just a guy that took great joy in reaping havoc on the site, and he had no respect for anyone's opinions but his own. There's just no reason for him to be here, and the bottom line is he dragged the site into a lousy place that nobody liked. Even if I found his behavior tolerable (which it wasn't), he was the common denominator I felt for almost all of the animosity going on.

While we definitely don't all agree on many things, I think there is a level of personal respect that exists somewhere between all of us, despite the differences. That guy had none.

So this is the last we're going to talk about this, I will leave this open for a bit for you guys to vent, comment, yell at me, whatever, because I really don't want any other discussion of this person elsewhere on the board. He's not worth it, whether some of you think he got a raw deal or not. I think he got what he wanted and deserved.

Thank you for hanging in there through this, I learned some pretty valuable lessons even after 17 years running this place.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Hey, it's your board and you try to keep a good vibe. The guy pushed his luck, and he's such an asshole...

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:02 AM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Thank you.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,342 Times in 3,187 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

It never ceases to amaze me about human nature. Him particularly.

And let's be honest here, who the fuck is modding this site??? I've been threatened with bans by 2 mods, am on daisys fucking fave 5 when an argument breaks out and this guy can come in here, cause this much of a ruckus for so long and get away with it??? What the fuck?????

And I'm hardly a thorn in anyone's side.

Other than that, good job Brett.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:05 AM
    Liked 10,890 Times in 5,731 Posts

Premium Member

Default Motherload is history...this is the final word on him on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Guys,

I figured I would make a post about this here, I didn't think it was worthy to be anywhere else on the site, but figured it would need to be addressed and I didn't want it popping up everywhere on the board.

I have decided to ban Hey Man, The Player, Hot Sauce, Motherload again...and this time for good. There will be no fourth chance. I have spent the last 4-5 days doing some research on a way to keep someone off the board for good, but honestly, if someone wants to get around any kind of ban, they can. That's just the reality of the internet. I was toying with implementing a hack to screw with him, so he'd get all kinds of site errors, and server not responding stuff...which is funny as hell but also doesn't fix the problem. So all I can really do is ban him again, wait for him to register again, and if I can't catch him by who he is registering as, we'll have to deduce by his posting style, which I'm sure won't change because he's proud of doing what he does. I highly doubt he'll keep a low profile if he does sneak back.

Be aware there will no further reprieve for him. He is gone anytime he returns. His posts that he makes going forward under any other username will be deleted (I never delete posts either), I don't care if it throws conversations off. He is done here, and his words are done here as well.

I am not proud of how I handled the situation, I should have banned him straight off again last time instead of playing this game to see if he would be better. I regretted having him here at any point, I didn't like the way it made me behave, and I feel bad because I made you all stomach it and deal with it while it created so much unnecessary hostility. I apologize to you all for that.

I really do try to give people many chances here, there are very few that are banned forever. I don't like doing it, contrary to public opinion, as you're starting to see by this whole episode. But Load was just a guy that took great joy in reaping havoc on the site, and he had no respect for anyone's opinions but his own. There's just no reason for him to be here, and the bottom line is he dragged the site into a lousy place that nobody liked. Even if I found his behavior tolerable (which it wasn't), he was the common denominator I felt for almost all of the animosity going on.

While we definitely don't all agree on many things, I think there is a level of personal respect that exists somewhere between all of us, despite the differences. That guy had none.

So this is the last we're going to talk about this, I will leave this open for a bit for you guys to vent, comment, yell at me, whatever, because I really don't want any other discussion of this person elsewhere on the board. He's not worth it, whether some of you think he got a raw deal or not. I think he got what he wanted and deserved.

Thank you for hanging in there through this, I learned some pretty valuable lessons even after 17 years running this place.
    You gave him a long enough rope. He had his chances and he blew it. I personally don't care one way or the other whether he stayed or not, but others did and it was overwhelmingly in favor of getting rid of him so you did what needed to be done.

Guy only has himself to blame.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Liked 7,883 Times in 4,609 Posts

Premium Member

You know my feelings. I feel weird now. It's going to take a few days to get used to not seeing his name or the ever present shit storm in every thread he was involved in.

I had no personal animosity with him but he was also very stubborn. I guess I would be too but I'm also a guy that can reflect and I know when I've gone too far. I have a conscience.

I wish Load would have toned it down a bit. Reigned himself in a bit, so that he flew under the radar but instead he wanted to be in your face. Starting new threads....posting everywhere and A LOT!

I think I will miss him a little bit but he had to know this day was coming.

I won't gloat.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:59 AM
    Liked 11,586 Times in 4,939 Posts

Oh they'll be plenty of other shit storms I'm sure.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Dude, you showed waaaaaay more patience and restraint (I'm talking Job-like) than I would have. Bottom line is that it's your house & you're cool enough to let us chill here anytime 24/7. I'll personally shed no tear for him but I won't dance on a dead man's grave either.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

14. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:05 AM
    Liked 10,890 Times in 5,731 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    You know my feelings. I feel weird now. It's going to take a few days to get used to not seeing his name or the ever present shit storm in every thread he was involved in.

I had no personal animosity with him but he was also very stubborn. I guess I would be too but I'm also a guy that can reflect and I know when I've gone too far. I have a conscience.

I wish Load would have toned it down a bit. Reigned himself in a bit, so that he flew under the radar but instead he wanted to be in your face. Starting new threads....posting everywhere and A LOT!

I think I will miss him a little bit but he had to know this day was coming.

I won't gloat.
    You could always go masturbate with a cheese grater. That might make you feel better.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,342 Times in 3,187 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Oh they'll be plenty of other shit storms I'm sure.
    Brett I can personally guarantee I'll start a shit storm once a month on the 14th of said month.

We will rebuild.

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Hmmm...and today a new poster shows up at the Army...and "her" favourite album is "Balance"...

Could he be that dumb?

20. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdnangel View Post
    Hmmm...and today a new poster shows up at the Army...and "her" favourite album is "Balance"...

Could he be that dumb?
    YES

22. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 6,973 Times in 5,009 Posts

Premium Member

You had to do what you had to do, Brett.
    Your site. Your rules.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

Brett,

You have a lot of character. You always have. It is the main reason I've been a part of this site so long and why I gladly support it during the annual drives.

You've worked your ass off to keep this place running despite the band doing everything in the power to make discussion Van Halen the most boring thing ever. I guess that is why ML pissed me off so bad. It really was like the Rick James sketch with him kicking your white couch with muddy boots on. I never was pissed off with his beliefs. Ever. It was his total lack of respect for your site and the people that come here every day.

I've learned a lot during this. Not proud of some of the ways I handled myself either. But I don't like seeing people I like get shit on for doing nothing other than trying to talk about something they care about. In all the years I've been here, I don't think I've ever seen a single person say a bad word towards Hurricane Halen. Dude is one of the most genuine people I've met around here.

Anyway, on the main board, he'll never be mentioned again by me. Any references will be ignored.

I have to say, I did a good chuckle with the thought of you giving him a bunch of site and login errors. Hehe....that would have been pretty funny.

Ok, onwards and upwards.

25. The Following Member Likes This Post: